the Grinch of club flamingo
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheRavenManIsSquee » 4 years ago

No R
Instant (M)
No deals 2 damage to any target.
Flashback- sacrifice a land.
"No."
IIW: I won't win. If I do, make a magic card of the Area 51 raid.
My MTGA username is TheOneTrueMouse. My username for this site is nothing if not factual.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
4 years ago
The secret lost card from Future Sight- which is why it's rare, since mythic didn't exist.

Art: A young and an old version of the same wizard battle together against a futuristic steampunk enemy wizard, who leans through one of several temporal portals in to shoot a firebolt as a dinosaur peaks in from another portal.

Temporal Archrivalry UUUU
Sorcery (R)
When you cast Temporal Archrivalry, exile it with a time counter on it. It gains suspend. (At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast it without paying its mana cost.)
Take an extra turn after this one.
Flashback- Target opponent takes an extra turn after this one. (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)

IIW: Future Sight type cards
So, you just pay UUUU to increase your storm count by 1 every turn?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Desperate Bargain 2BB
Sorcery (R)
Search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. You lose 2 life.
Flashback - BB, Exile your hand.

IIW: A card from the next Theros set.

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

My aim was for you to scry 2 if you won, then you draw two and lose 2, or draw two and lose 3 if you lose.

Storm of Brains 1UU
Instant (Rare)
Draw a card for each spell you've cast this turn, then put two cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.
Flashback - 1U, Exile an instant or sorcery spell you control. (That spell won't resolve.)

IIW: Trolls

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

will judge when I am home in a few hrs
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Worldsoul Extraction 1G
Sorcery (U)
As additional cost to cast Worldsoul Extraction, put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard.
Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Flashback - G, Exile two land card from your graveyard.

IIW: Theros!

NinjaCaterpie

mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
[citation needed]

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Krark's Summoning 2RR
Sorcery (R)
Flip a coin. If you win, create an X/X Elemental creature token, where X is the number of lands you control. If you lose, create X 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens, where X is the number of lands you control.
Flashback - Sacrifice two lands.

iiw: an aristocrats staple

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
4 years ago
mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
[citation needed]
def willforgettojudge(self):
print("will judge in a few hrs")
Cythare wrote:
4 years ago
Psychic Ignition 2R
Sorcery (U)
Psychic Ignition deals X damage to target creature or planeswalker and to you, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
Flashback—Draw two cards.

IIW: Faeries
High risk, high reward, I'm a fan, and not going face means this doesn't lead to absurd OTKs by itself. My concern of course is dredge (why does it exist WotC for the love of god), as a free removal spell + double dredge from the GY seems highly abusable in some quantity.
chetoos wrote:
4 years ago
A good fight 1G
sorcery
Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
flashback: put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you don't control
The foolish man thought he could still win when his opponent reached their full strength.
IIW: Uncommon walkers from war of the spark upshifted to rare.
no rarity, though we'll assume this is at least uncommon in a conventional set. This is very pushed and being able to double spell for two mana will typically allow you to clear your opponent's board for a low investment and crash through for damage regardless of the marked damage. The fact that you could even play a 2-3 drop alongside it (and use that as fight fodder I think would lead to some pretty miserable play experiences, given the cost of the flashback is so negligible.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
4 years ago
The secret lost card from Future Sight- which is why it's rare, since mythic didn't exist.

Art: A young and an old version of the same wizard battle together against a futuristic steampunk enemy wizard, who leans through one of several temporal portals in to shoot a firebolt as a dinosaur peaks in from another portal.

Temporal Archrivalry UUUU
Sorcery (R)
When you cast Temporal Archrivalry from your hand or graveyard, exile it with a time counter on it. It gains suspend. (At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, cast it without paying its mana cost.)
Take an extra turn after this one.
Flashback- Target opponent takes an extra turn after this one. (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)

EDIT: Yeah, whoops, this doesn't work. Let's try it again.

IIW: Future Sight type cards
We'd love for the wording to be a little cleaner, especially given how rules baggage-filled suspend is as a mechanic, but I actually like the way this one plays out for the most part, since giving your opponent a turn to set up for the next two turns you get improves the time walk gameplay a fair bit.
Stapler wrote:
4 years ago
Arrogant Undoing 1BBB
Sorcery (R)
Each player who controls the creature with the greatest power or tied for the greatest power sacrifices two creatures.
Flashback — B, Create a 6/6 black Demon creature token with flying (You may cast this card from your graveyard for its flashback cost. Then exile it.)

IIW: Spies, assassins, or espers.
This was the kind of design I was looking for! We've seen a number of cards now that amplify when flashbacked in exchange for a hefty cost, but not as much that goes the other way, and this is a great example. The nuts and bolts in the general spell text give you a number of ways to build your deck with it in mind, and the cost of the flashback makes it extremely hard to rewarding to solve the puzzle.
TheRavenManIsSquee wrote:
4 years ago
No R
Instant (M)
No deals 2 damage to any target.
Flashback- sacrifice a land.
"No."
IIW: I won't win. If I do, make a magic card of the Area 51 raid.
*queues up Meghan Trainor, then abandons society*
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
4 years ago
Desperate Bargain 2BB
Sorcery (R)
Search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library. You lose 2 life.
Flashback - BB, Exile your hand.

IIW: A card from the next Theros set.
spiderman gif intensifies

flavorful, but in reality will end up playing out very similarly to Infernal Tutor, with LED etc., minus the synergy with Past in Flames.
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
My aim was for you to scry 2 if you won, then you draw two and lose 2, or draw two and lose 3 if you lose.

Storm of Brains 1UU
Instant (Rare)
Draw a card for each spell you've cast this turn, then put two cards from your hand on top of your library in any order.
Flashback - 1U, Exile an instant or sorcery spell you control. (That spell won't resolve.)

IIW: Trolls
Well, in flavorful fashion this is pretty busted; the 1UU would be a little demanding occasionally for existing storm builds but it would be fairly straightforward to integrate.
Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
Worldsoul Extraction 1G
Sorcery (U)
As additional cost to cast Worldsoul Extraction, put the top three cards of your library into your graveyard.
Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
Flashback - G, Exile two land card from your graveyard.

IIW: Theros!
I might be ok with this if it was just Rampant Growth, but the complete absence of a restriction means that the rate on this is pretty absurd - milling three is basically not a cost in the vast majority of situations.
wonderful wrote:
4 years ago
Krark's Summoning 2RR
Sorcery (R)
Flip a coin. If you win, create an X/X Elemental creature token, where X is the number of lands you control. If you lose, create X 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens, where X is the number of lands you control.
Flashback - Sacrifice two lands.

iiw: an aristocrats staple
This is coin flipping I can get behind. I've never been a fan of coin flip cards because they generate all or nothing effects based on a binary chance; and here the results are comparable enough that it's closer to selecting modes at random (but with added Thumb synergy!)

Lots of busted stuff this round, so this was fun haha
HMs: Stapler, Mergatroid, Cythare
WinRar: wonderful

That makes the challenge make an aristocrats staple!
Club Flamingo Alumnus

SPOILER
Show
Hide

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

Hunchbacked Bellringer 1WB
Creature - Human Peasant (Uncommon)
Whenever this or another creature you control dies, each opponent loses one life and you gain one life.
He rings for their comings and goings.
2/2
Ring the Bells 2W
sorcery- adventure
Create 2 1/1 white human creature tokens.

Preacher of damnation 2B
Creature - Human Cleric (rare)
T, sacrifice two other creatures you control: any number of target players each sacrifice a creature and lose two life. Create a food token for each creature sacrificed this way.
"Listen to my words, pay the tithe, and you'll avoid the fires of hell. Ignore them, and you've already seen where that gets you."
1/4

IIW: Upshift an uncommon walker from war of the spark to rare.
Last edited by chetoos 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

Bat and Rat 1BB
Creature — Bat {U}
Flying
When Bat and Rat enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Rat creature token.
Whenever Bat and Rat or a Rat you control dies, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
2/1

IIW: A card with multiple layers.
MEG

SecondBestFriend
Exuberant!

Post by SecondBestFriend » 4 years ago

Snapsy, Dollmaker BUG
Legendary Creature- Elf Warlock (Commander Mythic)
Sacrifice a nontoken creature: Create a token that's a copy of the sacrificed creature, except it's an Artifact Construct in addition to other types. Activate this ability only during your turn, and only once per turn.
T, Sacrifice an artifact: gain Draw a card.
2/3

IIW: Removal with fun flavor!
The Gay Cartoon Army vs. Your Team!

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 4 years ago

Cruel Skelemancer 1WB
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
When Cruel Skelemancer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 white Minion creature token.
Whenever a non-Skeleton creature token you control dies, create a token that's a copy of that token except it's a black Skeleton in addition to its other colours and types.
"Fight, my minions! Fight till' the skins tears off your flesh!"
1/2

Last edited by Stapler 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
"Image"

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

The Lost Apostle 1bw
Legendary Creature - Spirit Cleric (M)
Creature tokens you control have "T, Sacrifice this creature: Each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life."
2, Exile The Lost Apostle: Return up to two target creature cards with converted mana cost 1 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
1/1

IIW: Contact sports (boxers, wrestlers, martial artists)
Club Flamingo Alumnus

SPOILER
Show
Hide

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Subject16

Mycoid Mother 2BG
Creature - Fungus (Rare)
When Mycoid Mother dies, create X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens, where X is its power.
2; Exile target card from a graveyard. If a creature card was exiled this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Mycoid Mother.
It may be a host, but it's still a parasite.
3/3

IIW: Archers/Projectiles

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Mind Grifter UBB
Creature - Zombie Rogue (R)
Whenever an opponent draws a card except the first one they draw in their draw step each turn, return Mind Grifter to the battlefield tapped at the beginning of the next end step.
Exile two other creature cards from your graveyard: Each player draws a card. Activate this ability only if Mind Grifter is in your graveyard or in exile.
4/3

GIT GOOD DREDGE

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

wonderful

Quick round. Gogo
chetoos wrote:
4 years ago
Hunchbacked Bellringer 1WB
Creature - Human Peasant (Uncommon)
Whenever this or another creature you control dies, each opponent loses one life and you gain one life.
He rings for their comings and goings.
2/2
Ring the Bells 2W
sorcery- adventure
Create 2 1/1 white human creature tokens.

Preacher of damnation 2B
Creature - Human Cleric (rare)
T, sacrifice two other creatures you control: any number of target players each sacrifice a creature and lose two life. Create a food token for each creature sacrificed this way.
"Listen to my words, pay the tithe, and you'll avoid the fires of hell. Ignore them, and you've already seen where that gets you."
1/4

IIW: Upshift an uncommon walker from war of the spark to rare.
Hunchbacked Bellringer/Ring the Bells: Generic but good cards. The flavor is what really sells them.
Preacher of Damnation: Powerful sac outlet. Quite a large amount of Food in multiplayer. Sidenote: a loss of three life instead of two, to mirror the lifegain of Food, would have been extra cute.
Megiddo wrote:
4 years ago
Bat and Rat 1BB
Creature — Bat {U}
Flying
When Bat and Rat enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black Rat creature token.
Whenever Bat and Rat or a Rat you control dies, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
2/1

IIW: A card with multiple layers.
Bat and Rat or a Rat or a Bat or a Cat or a...
Not much to say. It's a Bat and a Rat.
SecondBestFriend wrote:
4 years ago
Snapsy, Dollmaker BUG
Legendary Creature- Elf Warlock (Commander Mythic)
Sacrifice a nontoken creature: Create a token that's a copy of the sacrificed creature, except it's an Artifact Construct in addition to other types. Activate this ability only during your turn, and only once per turn.
T, Sacrifice an artifact: gain Draw a card.
2/3

IIW: Removal with fun flavor!
I like the flavor here as well. This certainly feels undercosted - the sac/copy ability should probably have a cost to it, it seems rather strong to me. And also make sure to say "another" so Snapsy isn't copying itself, unless that was intended?
Stapler wrote:
4 years ago
Cruel Skelemancer 1WB
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
When Cruel Skelemancer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 white Minion creature token.
Whenever a non-Skeleton creature token you control dies, create a token that's a copy of that token except it's a black Skeleton in addition to its other colours and types.
"Fight, my minions! Fight till' the skins tears off your flesh!"
1/2

Now this is pretty excellent. I'm a big fan. Creative, fits the challenge well, looks costed/statted well, and good flavor.
mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
The Lost Apostle 1bw
Legendary Creature - Spirit Cleric (M)
Creature tokens you control have "T, Sacrifice this creature: Each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life."
2, Exile The Lost Apostle: Return up to two target creature cards with converted mana cost 1 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
1/1

IIW: Contact sports (boxers, wrestlers, martial artists)
I love me some Proclamation of Rebirth. This one's a little weird. I didn't even realize it was Legendary until after reading it multiple times, it didn't feel like it. I like both abilities, though they feel a little disconnected from eachother - first dealing with exclusively tokens, then exclusively 1 drops.
Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
Mycoid Mother 2BG
Creature - Fungus (Rare)
When Mycoid Mother dies, create X 1/1 green Saproling creature tokens, where X is its power.
2; Exile target card from a graveyard. If a creature card was exiled this way, put a +1/+1 counter on Mycoid Mother.
It may be a host, but it's still a parasite.
3/3

IIW: Archers/Projectiles
Good design. I'm not blown away, but I like it. Cute little twist on Sprouting Thinax mixed with Scooze.
Cythare wrote:
4 years ago
Mind Grifter UBB
Creature - Zombie Rogue (R)
Whenever an opponent draws a card except the first one they draw in their draw step each turn, return Mind Grifter to the battlefield tapped at the beginning of the next end step.
Exile two other creature cards from your graveyard: Each player draws a card. Activate this ability only if Mind Grifter is in your graveyard or in exile.
4/3

GIT GOOD DREDGE

I assume this was meant to say "return Mind Grifter from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped" - or possibly graveyard or exile considering you can activate it from gy/exile. I do like it. At first it looks like a jumble of text, but it actually turns out interesting. Aside from obvious Dredge problems, I don't think it's actually overpowered in something like standard, but is potentially pretty neat. I kind of wish it wasn't activate-able from exile, those last 3 words just seem off.

HM: Cythare
Winner: Stapler

Next up: Spies, Assassins, or Espers

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Late Aristocrat
Show
Hide
Gregarious Adventurer
2W
Creature - Human Warrior
When Gregarious Adventurer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 white Warrior creature token. If it was cast from a graveyard, create two of those tokens instead.

Auspicious Start 1W
Sorcery - Adventure
Gain 5 life. (Then exile this card. You may cast the creature later from exile.)
2/2
Vexing Interloper
1R
Creature - Devil Ninja
Ninjutsu R (R, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card onto the battlefield from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Vexing Interloper deals combat damage to a player, that player reveals the top card of their library, draws it, and then puts a random card from their hand on the bottom of their library.
2/1

IIW: A cycle from a five faction color balanced world with a mix of wedges and shards (ex: WUB, BGU, GUR, RGW, RWB)

SecondBestFriend
Exuberant!

Post by SecondBestFriend » 4 years ago

Peek Sneaker U
Creature- Faerie Rogue (Rare)
Flying
Your opponents play with their hands revealed.
2W,T, Sacrifice Peek Sneaker: Name a nonland card. The named card cannot be played this turn. Activate this ability only during an upkeep.
1/1

IIW: Choose a tribe. Make a mechanic associated with that tribe (like how tolls are associated with regenerate and hexproof)
Last edited by SecondBestFriend 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The Gay Cartoon Army vs. Your Team!

Flatline
The Heartbeat of America

Post by Flatline » 4 years ago

Pry u
Sorcery — Adventure (R)
Look at target player's hand.
Draw a card.
///
Spying Sprite 1wu
Creature — Faerie (R)
As Spying Sprite enters the battlefield, choose a nonland card name.
Spells with the chosen name can't be cast.
2/1

IIW: Non-token Food
Card Contest Victories
Show
Hide
DCC
Show
Hide
(25 Total) - October 2014; December 2014; January 2015; April 2015; June 2015; August 2015; September 2015; November 2015; December 2015(T); January 2016; March 2016(T); April 2016; June 2016; October 2016; December 2016(T); February 2017; April 2017; December 2017; November 2018(T); January 2019; April 2019; June 2019; August 2019; October 2019; March 2020
MCC
Show
Hide
(8 Total) - May 2015; May 2016; June 2016; August 2016; October 2016; December 2016; October 2017; May 2019
CCL
Show
Hide
(7 Total) - September 2015; October 2015; January 2016; March 2016; April 2016; July 2016(T); March 2019(T)

NinjaCaterpie

Esper like the Final Fantasy summon. Consume is just a keyword ability for "<casting cost>, sacrifice ~: Do Something"

Summon of the Flame 2R
Creature - Spirit Elemental (U)
Haste, trample
Consume - 2R, Sacrifice Summon of the Flame: Create an X/1 red elemental creature token with haste and trample, where X is the number of creatures you control.
2/1

IIW: A mechanic from the next Theros.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

Kaya, Deathless Assassin
Legendary Planeswalker - Kaya (Rare)
Permanents your opponents control with hexproof may be targeted as though they didn't have hexproof.
+2 - Target creature gets -2/-2 until end of turn. When that creature dies this turn, you gain 2 life.
-5 - Exile target creature

IIW: Uncommon walkers from war of the spark upshifted to rare.
Last edited by chetoos 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Orcish Assassin 2R
Creature - Orc Assassin (R)
Orcish Assassin enters the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your end step, choose a tapped creature at random. Orcish Assassin deals 3 damage to that creature.
2/2

IIW: Existential dredge
Club Flamingo Alumnus

SPOILER
Show
Hide

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Subject16

Shadowspore Thallid 3BG
Creature - Fungus Ninja (Rare)
Ninjutsu 2BG
Whenever Shadowspore Thallid deals combat damage to a player, put a Spore counter on target creature that player controls.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a spore counter on each permanent with a spore counter on it, ten for each permanent an opponent controls with three or more spore counters on them, that player sacrifices that permanent and you create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
The thallid's strike was deadly. The poison only needed time to bear fruit.
3/3

IIw: Mercenaires or Rebels

wonderful

Viashino Vileblade 2R
Creature - Viashino Assassin (R)
Haste
B: Viashino Vileblade gains deathtouch until end of turn.
T: Viashino Vileblade deals 1 damage to any target.
At the beginning of your end step, return Viashino Vileblade to its owner's hand.
"We've got a mission. Get in and get out."
1/1

iiw: illusions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”