Which do you like more?

Atraxian
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

That's a hard one.
I would probably err on Back to Basics, that way you are potentially making part of the manabase a 1-use only. Blood Moon just turns all nonbasics into colorless mana generators at worst.
Bending the rules a little because they are the same character, which of the 3 Teysas?
Teysa, Orzhov Scion, Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts or Teysa Karlov
vs
vs
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

I'm going to go with Teysa Karlov. Just a great set of abilities, and the only one of the three I'd want to build.

vs

Haven't been in the thread as much - busy weekend, and it takes me a while to pick a couple cards.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 4 years ago

Ancient Stone Idol for sure. I play it in Daretti, Scrap Savant and it's pretty fun to weld since it makes a formidable token when it dies which can then be welded back out for the original Idol. It's also just a big, dumb robot, and big, dumb robots is that deck's MO.

or

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Necropotence. They're both stellar, but Ad Nauseam tends to shine the brightest in ridiculously low curve competitive decks.

Here's an interesting one, the top two wipes in the format in my opinion. Which one takes the cake?

vs

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

JoeyB11223

Post by JoeyB11223 » 4 years ago

Tough choice. Going to go with Blasphemous Act as it's often cast for R and wipes pretty much everything, though of course you miss Toxic for those indestructible voltron scenarios.

VS

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

Well, if I'm running either in a given deck, I'd probably run both, but I like Nightveil here. I like playing other people's stuff.

VS.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Exploration. As good as Burgeoning can be early game, once you're out of lands in hand it's a dead duck. Mid game onwards you're more or less not making use of it at all, which is troublesome in a 100-card singleton format.

vs
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Gashnaw

Post by Gashnaw » 4 years ago

While citadel can easily end games with the whole "minus ten" i prefer reservoir, a storm deck loves it and even a non storm deck than can cast a few spells a turn will like it. In EDH where you start with 40, before long you can use its -50 and not die yourself.

or

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

Yes.

I have to pick one, though? Dang. Anger. Trample is good, but I'd rather have a haste enabler in an aggressive deck (because a lot of the creatures are probably going to come with evasion anyway).

vs
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Gashnaw

Restorer.
While Elder uncaps 2, it is one mana more, and it i not like you are gonna be using them to block. So I rather have a 2G to untap 1 or later on untap 3.
Granted early game Elder may be teh better bet. But again still costs one more mana.

Keeping up with the incarnations
or

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Wonder, mass evasion is stronger than mass combat advantage in my opinion. If you were to throw in Filth though, I'd have to go with that one, as I think it's the best of that cycle.

vs

Vessiliana
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Vessiliana » 4 years ago

I prefer Asceticism, since the hexproof is passively available. I occasionally run Asceticism. I always cut Glory.

vs
Last edited by Vessiliana 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Gashnaw

Vessiliana wrote:
4 years ago
I prefer Asceticism, since the hexproof is passively available. I occasionally run Asceticism. I always cut Glory.

Eternal Witness vs Regrowth

(How do I embed pictures?)
E.wit

And use the cardimg tag to embed pictures.

Im gonna keep going with incarnations
or

Myllior
Answers: 1

Post by Myllior » 4 years ago

Hmm, do I go for the simplicity and effectiveness of Dread, or the big, splashy plays of Hostility with Earthquake tribal and the like? I'll go with Dread because it just does its thing and doesn't need to be enabled, although I'm sure Hostility has resulted in more epic stories than Dread has.

vs.

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

Have to go with The Ur-Dragon, mainly because I'm a sucker for big Timmy creatures with specific creature types like Dragons or angels. Moreover, you have the flexibility of an up to 5 colors deck and if you are running a dragon tribal, the eminence effects gives you nice extra value even with the commander never hitting the field.

Avacyn, Angel of Hope Vs. Archangel Avacyn//Avacyn, the Purifier

vs.
//
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Gashnaw

OG avacun. Second one only gives creatures indestructible and only for a turn. Her transformation isn't amazing either.

or

Sinis

Post by Sinis » 4 years ago

Vigor is way more broadly applicable. Purity just... feels bad.

- OR -

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Sinis wrote:
4 years ago
Sorin, Lord of Innistrad. His plus makes lifelink era. Is neg creates a banner. And his Ult is sick.
- OR -
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Gashnaw

Thelonite does not have an echo, I don't like having to pay an aiddtional 5 the next turn just tokeep the +1/+1

or

(There are 12 Chandras so i may go through all of them)

Sinis

Chandra Ablaze, easy pick. Easy hand-disruption/advantage, 4 damage by pitching something probably named Squee or with Phoenix in its title. Ult in easy reach that can be totally devastating. Nothing not to like.

- OR -

Skello496

Post by Skello496 » 4 years ago

Scour from Existence. Instant speed, not forecasted, and 3 cheaper.

EDH:
Krenko, Goblin Stampeder
Nylea, God of Hydra Counters G
Mahadi, Emporium Master rb
Feather, Catrips Redeemed wr
Ghired, The Tokened gwr
Hakbal, Merfolk Massacre UG
Ten and Clara, Suspended uwr

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

Brago is just more fun, and I really hate playing against Augustin. I hope he dies alone in some Ravnican back alley of a stab wound and left to be eaten by a dreg mangler. Or something. Anywho...

VS.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 5/26/24 (Modern Horizons III)

Sinis

Deffo Lord of the Accursed. Reaper is okay graveyard hate, but has nothing on other options (like Withered Wretch), while Menace for a pile of tokens or hard-cast Zombies is a great boon. Lord of the Accursed can also assist with Eternals, or an Amassed token.

- OR -

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Is it fair to say "neither - I prefer to run Overwhelming Forces or Decree of Pain? Assuming that answer is cheats, I'd say it's In Garruk's Wake in most decks, and Hellfire in mono-black that has a lifegain/life spending component but isn't tribal (and thus can't abuse Kindred Dominance).

My question:
or

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 4 years ago

The Mycosynth Wellspring is better because it is a budget way of fixing colors for those decks that run mainly basic lands. It also has more of an "epic" art feel to it. I've used the Mycosynth Wellspring more and found it competent for my Izzet deck in the past.

Oh how I wish Unstable would be legal all the time....

Vs
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”