[ELD] Fae of Wishes

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Apparently went out in some sort of WOTC email. Discussion thread!

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Cow31337Killer
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cow31337Killer » 4 years ago

It's too bad this doesn't work in EDH. I wonder how many of these wish effects they'll have to print before the rules committee realizes they should be allowed to work in the format? That or people will just say screw the rules and use them anyway because it is a casual format after all.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 4 years ago

This looks.... fine? A 1/4 flier for two mana is technically above the curve, but generally not exciting, and the bounce ability is really inefficient. So, you're going to be playing this primarily for Granted. At four mana, it's a bit expensive for a wish, but it's also less conditional than most others. You could use it repeatedly by playing and bouncing the creature half, but I suspect that will be too slow most of the time. Might be interesting with Lucky Clover or other Adventure support?

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the card. Looks like a safety measure for Arena best-of-one - the creature half isn't too embarrassing to put in your deck, and the wish is an option if you really need an answer to something specific.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

nostalgic card. Did not expect to see the "from outside the game" rules text again. Cunning wish with legs!! :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

CubJay

Post by CubJay » 4 years ago

I'm absolutely in love with the autumnal leaf-wings in the art. Just beautiful.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

yeah, art is beautiful. I just hope this card does not get hyped too much.. so that the singles would be more affordable.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!
Pronoun: he / him

Post by JovialJovian » 4 years ago

Remember how wishes were originally considered so powerful that they had to self-exile, and each were very conditional? Look where we are now, a generalized wish that self-recurs.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

it's just the power creeping in mtg doing it's work..

Impossible

Post by Impossible » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
nostalgic card. Did not expect to see the "from outside the game" rules text again. Cunning wish with legs!! :)
There are three different cards with "outside the game" on them in Standard alone. At this point I'd expect to see at least one Wish variant per Standard rotation. Although this particular one seems to be one of the best we've had in Standard yet. Way better than that stupid Eldrazi Wish.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

[mention]Impossible[/mention]

ah, I see. Didn't know there are many outside the game cards printed... so I assume outside the game means the sideboard?

and thanks for letting me know about the eldrazi wish. Put three of it in my scg cart. Will be fun to test at least.

Impossible

Post by Impossible » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
ah, I see. Didn't know there are many outside the game cards printed... so I assume outside the game means the sideboard?

and thanks for letting me know about the eldrazi wish. Put three of it in my scg cart. Will be fun to test at least.
You would be right in that assumption. In a tournament setting your sideboard is the only thing you can Wish for.

Also don't do it. Eldrazi wish is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

It's nice to be able to discard at any time then use its adventure ability again. And Lucky Clover?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”