[ELD] Shepard of the Flock and more (Efro 4/4)

Marquis
Spoiler Master
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Marquis » 4 years ago

ImageImage

ImageImage

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

I find this phrasing so weird. Why not 'each creature you control with Adventure'?
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Dunharrow wrote:
4 years ago
I find this phrasing so weird. Why not 'each creature you control with Adventure'?
Because it's not a keyword that appears on creature cards, it's a subtype of the instant or sorcery half of creature/instant or sorcery splits.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

With that art, plus being a white card, I was sure it was a spirit.

The N82O Molecule
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The N82O Molecule » 4 years ago

this will be used in sealed as its a 2/2 flyer for 3 cmc, with a secondary usage that's probably on rate if you get the exact sequence of cards.

ive learned that my threshold for the word an is 2

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

How is lucky clover uncommon

You get to double dip instants/sorceries and adventures with this with no sac required and not restricted to the first spell

Edit: wait it may only be adventure cards for the adventure cost they worded it pretty bad in my opinion

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Love that Lucky Clover is not bound by colors.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Lucky Clover is TWO MANA? That's narrow but completely amazing.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

Now that's how you print enablers for new mechanics

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 4 years ago

Lucky Clover at two mana and uncommon might actually put Adventuring on the map in Standard. Turn two clover, turn three Murderous Rider to take 4 and kill two things is pretty gross and just compounds the incredible card advantage Adventure already provides.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 4 years ago

Carver is basically pump spell with a 3/2 to cast when you are empty handed. It's fine as a combat trick. These will be tabling a lot because I doubt you want more than 1 in a deck.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

{Hyperbolic Statement Incoming}

So, Rescue was so good in Dominaria, they decided it would be better in White and tacked it on to Shepherd of the Flock? This has only been on a mono White card once before (Narrow Escape). Bounce is supposed to be the domain of Blue. Since Green had been overtaking for card draw, I'd like Blue to have one original area remain its forte.

Blinking would have been fine. Why is White getting efficient bounce in a set loaded with Creatures / Spells?
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Sojourner Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
{Hyperbolic Statement Incoming}

So, Rescue was so good in Dominaria, they decided it would be better in White and tacked it on to Shepherd of the Flock? This has only been on a mono White card once before (Narrow Escape). Bounce is supposed to be the domain of Blue. Since Green had been overtaking for card draw, I'd like Blue to have one original area remain its forte.

Blinking would have been fine. Why is White getting efficient bounce in a set loaded with Creatures / Spells?
Returning a permanent you control to its owner's hand is well within the white color pie. It is blue that gets to bounce your opponent's stuff too:

Aegis Automaton
Alley Evasion
Emancipation Angel
Kor Skyfisher

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

as expected, there's some support for adventure. And lucky clover looks like a fine support card.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 4 years ago

That Shepard makes no goat tokens, 0/10 for me

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

Bring to Life Lucky Clover (and a friend) FTW!
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Returning a permanent you control to its owner's hand is well within the white color pie. It is blue that gets to bounce your opponent's stuff too:

Aegis Automaton
Alley Evasion
Emancipation Angel
Kor Skyfisher
Which is why I specifically referenced Rescue - Usher to Safety is a way to save/reset planeswalkers or lands or enchantments against removal in White. White gets Instant speed blinking for creatures at a greater rate of occurrence than Blue, which is fine in the primary color for Indestructible. Of the four cards you noted, the Instants can only target creatures. The creatures do not have flash, and have the clause intended to be a drawback for early play. In mid to late game their purpose can be shifted. I'm just disheartened that more of what used to define "Blue" for the past quarter of a century is continuing to be diluted into other colors.
ilovesaprolings wrote:
4 years ago
That Shepard makes no goat tokens, 0/10 for me
It's an allegorical character for Jesus. Odd that it's not Legendary.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”