NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Pronoun: he / him

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

Sarzurian Foreshaper 1U
Creature — Wizard Shapeshifter (R)
When ~ enters the battlefield, choose target opponent.
The chosen player plays with the top card of their library revealed.
1U: ~ becomes a copy of the top card of the chosen player's library if it's a creature card, except it gains this ability.
2/2

IIW: Non double-faced Land Enchantments

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
Prorogue the Court 1B
Enchantment (R)
If a player would vote, that player draws a card and loses 2 life instead.

IIW: Land tokens
TOPICAL!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Grenzo's Rabble-Rouser
2RR
Creature - Goblin Rogue
Draft Grenzo's Rabble-Rouser face up.
When you draft Grenzo's Rabble-Rouser, reverse the draft's order. (For example, if packs had been being passed clockwise around the table, they are now passed counterclockwise.)

All creatures are goaded (a goaded creature attacks each combat if able and attacks a player other than you if able.)
3/3

IIW: Food

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

TheRavenManIsSquee / Fall of the Black Rose — This probably doesn't actually play super well: "Each player loses 1 life each turn until they feel like gaining 3 life."

NinjaCaterpie / Fall from Grace — Very bold move. I'm impressed. (You're missing an IIW though.)

Mergatroid_Jones / Conspiracy Creatures & Artifacts — This is pretty interesting new territory, and they're neat and make for a little bit of edge.

Stapler / Zenelli — Delicious mercenaries. I like the ways your opponents are incentivised to give you options to try to buy control of Zenelli, but I worry whether in playtesting he's worth the price. He is awesome though.

Subject16 / Selvala, Wilds Enraged — The first ability is missing words. The second is pretty explosive. Neat direction, needs some polish.

mellifluoresce / Prorogue the Court — This was an oof heard around the world. Nice idea.

avatarz / Sarzurian Foreshaper — %$#%$#% I like this shapeshifter approach. And it's an appropriately conspiracy-y feeling one too.

Cardz5000 / Grenzo's Rabble-Rouser — My rabbles are roused. I like both of these abilities. However this also secretly says "creatures can't attack you" and "all your creatures are probably unblockable" both of which are a pretty big deal! I'm concerned this is undercosted or needs a different way to manage the goading.

All of you made really fun looking cards.

Winner: avatarz
Dishonorable mention: mellifluoresce, your presence is required in the Paliano high court tomorrow.

Next: Non double-faced Land Enchantments

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 4 years ago

Elysium, the Blessed 1WW
Legendary Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature and put a depletion counter on Elysium. Then if there are three or more depletion counters on Elysium, it becomes a colourless Plains land. (It loses all other types and abilities.)

Nirvana, the Wellspring 1UU
Whenever you cast your first creature spell each turn, create a token that's a copy of that creature, return that spell to its owner's hand and put a depletion counter on Nirvana. Then if there are three or more depletion counters on Nirvana, it becomes a colourless Island land. (It loses all other types and abilities.)

Eden, the Quagmire 2BB
At the beginning of your end step, if you sacrificed a creature this turn, search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library and put a depletion counter on Eden. Then if there are three or more depletion counters on Eden, it becomes a colourless Swamp land. (It loses all other types and abilities.)

Muspelheim, the Birthplace 1RR
Whenever you cast your second spell in a turn, create a 2/2 red Dragon creature token with flying and "R: This creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn.'" and put a depletion counter on Muspelheim. Then if there are three or more depletion counters on Muspelheim, it becomes a colourless Mountain land. (It loses all other types and abilities.)

Shangri-La, the Utopia GG
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control a creature, return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand and put a depletion counter on Shangri-La. Then if there are three or more depletion counters on Shangri-La, it becomes a colourless Forest land. (It loses all other types and abilities.)

IIW: Spies, assassins, or espers.
Last edited by Stapler 4 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
"Image"

TheRavenManIsSquee
the Grinch of club flamingo

Post by TheRavenManIsSquee » 4 years ago

Might of the Roil 1GR
Enchantment (R)
Enchant Land
Enchanted land has :symtap: , pay 2 life: add GRU
Zendikar's power made manifest, the roil can cause immense destruction
IIW: Each player designs a card for their own IIW for this round. If you didn't participate in this round, make me an Eldrazi.
Edit: Can somebody please tell me how to use the new tap symbol?
My MTGA username is TheOneTrueMouse. My username for this site is nothing if not factual.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Seaside Shrine
Enchantment Land — Island
(: Add .)
Seaside Shrine enters the battlefield tapped unless your devotion to blue is three or greater.
U, T: Scry 1, then draw a card, then discard a card. Activate this ability only if your devotion to blue is three or greater.
Those who journey to worship at Thassa's shrines may catch glimpses beyond all the horizons of the world.

IIW: Colored artifacts from Dominaria. (Must have a colored symbol in the card's casting cost.)
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Meladora's Bounty 2GU
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a basic land type. Meladora's Bounty becomes a land of the chosen type in addition to its other types.
Whenever you tap another land that shares a basic land type with Meladora's Bounty for mana, add one mana of any type that land produced.

IIW: Design a card that Craig Wescoe would love to play
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
(If this wins it means "all-star in a WW deck")
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
Wescoe Weenie for life!
Club Flamingo Alumnus

SPOILER
Show
Hide

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
Wescoe Weenie for life!
I have no idea what any of this means. Could someone explain?

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
mellifluoresce wrote:
4 years ago
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Wescoe Weenie for life!
I have no idea what any of this means. Could someone explain?
Craig is high level player/Pro Tour winner renowned for his love of white aggressive decks, extending to be most likely to force white aggro in draft to the extent that you'd have to consider whether white was going to be open just from his presence in the draft pod.
Club Flamingo Alumnus

SPOILER
Show
Hide

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Ancient Geoglyphs
Enchantment Land (R)
Play with the top card of your library revealed.
T: Add one mana of any one color. Activate this ability only if the top card of your library is a land card.
1, T: Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. Activate this ability only if the top card of your library is a creature card.

IIW: Adventures!

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Shadowweave Marsh
Legendary Enchantment Land
Shadowweave Marsh enters the battlefield tapped.
Creatures you control get +0/+1.
T: Add W. Shadowweave Marsh becomes a nonlegendary Plains (It loses its other abilities)

iiw: Climate change

kateodonnell
Ug, another Blue-Green deck.

Post by kateodonnell » 4 years ago

Temple of Heliod
Enchantment Land - Aura
Enchant Creature
: Enchanted Creature gets +2/+2 and gains vigilance until end of turn.
: Add

If I win: Double-faced flip cards

I'm going to wait for a couple more entries and then I'll judge

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Maelstrom's Influence GUR
Enchantment - Aura (Rare)
Enchant land
Enchanted land has "T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. If that mana is spent to cast a spell, it gains cascade.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)
When the knights finally reclaimed the lost reliquary, they found it had become something different entirely.

IIW: Household items

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 4 years ago

Iquati Crypt
Enchantment Land — Swamp
(T: Add B.)
Iquati Crypt enters the battlefield tapped if it entered from your hand.
While you're searching your library, you may reveal Iquati Crypt from it. If you do, exile Iquati Crypt. You may play it this turn.

IIW: News from Iquatana
formerly willows

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Underground Tunnel (Uncommon)
ub
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land
Whenever enchanted land becomes tapped, you draw a card and it's controller discards a card.

IIW: card name includes the word "nexus"
Last edited by Legend 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 4 years ago

World of Wonders 1w
Enchantment (R)
All lands are enchantments in addition to other types.

IIW: Downside on something other than an undercosted creature.

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Essence of Winter 1U
Snow Enchantment - Aura (C)
Enchant land
Enchanted land is snow in addition to its other types.
Enchanted land has "1U, T: Target creature doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step."

iiw: land destruction

Judgement
Show
Hide
Stapler: I would have liked more these cards, both design and flavour wise, if they started already as lands and eventually losed their ability to do things or stopped being enchantments along the way (e.g. start with three counters, they are enchantments for as long as they have counters on them). I like the idea, though!

TheRavenManIsSquee: I asked for a Land Enchantment! For the TAP, just write

Code: Select all

[mana]T[/mana]
(as you can with any other cost).

spacemonaut: Devotion land: cute! The card is fine, but maybe wants to do too much. Probably looting is fine without the scrying, at that cost.

mellifluoresce: I really wish that this costed 1 less, but it probably would get things out of control too easily. I like that it fixes any color in a WURBG and ramps in other types of decks.

Sagharri: I like the concept, but I don't love the execution. +2/+2 seems too good for a colorless activation and at instant speed. Additionally, I really don't feel the enchantment bit of the card, as this could be printed without problems as a simple land.

NinjaCaterpie: I like that this has a static effect, as an enchantment would. I think however that this might still be too good for a free effect.

kateodonnell: so, the creature becomes the temple of god? :P I don't like the Aura attribute to a Land, as it doesn't make much sense flavorwise (unless it's some kind of ghost land that infests other lands... i guess?). Note: although we already saw in future sight auras and enchantments that tap, Rosewater said somewhere that it's something they didn't like and probably we won't see again.

Subject16: The IIW asked specifically for Enchantment Lands! Cascade is also risky at low costs as this. Repeatable cascade from t3 also doesn't seem something balanced.

barbecube: According to Panglacial Wurm, you could have totally made this playable from your library, without the exiling. Said this, although I like the idea, I feel that it's too good without spending any kind of resources. Furthermore, unless it's a cycle, black doesn't seem the right color for something like this.

Legend: The IIW asked specifically for Enchantment Lands! Said this, the card seems so good and fun (and bad!) in limited!

Mergatroid_Jones: Is this some kind of support for an homemade Armageddon? I don't really like the card as is it, since it does something that really doesn't impact the game nor justifies itself while doing so.

wonderful: The IIW asked specifically for Enchantment Lands! Fine common card.
Results
Show
Hide
The challenge was not easy, but I found the entries overall weak. Best card is probably mellifluoresce's, with a HM to spacemonaut and Stapler

Craig is high level player/Pro Tour winner renowned for his love of white aggressive decks, extending to be most likely to force white aggro in draft to the extent that you'd have to consider whether white was going to be open just from his presence in the draft pod.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

Kor Enforcer WW
Creature — Kor Scout {R}
Lifelink
Players can't roll dice or flip coins.
"Don't be so surprised that your degenerate behavior drew our attention. We check everywhere."
2/3

IIW: A card from the alternate Eldrane when we thought it was going to be like 100% faeries.
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Ardenvale Battalion 2W
Creature - Human Knight (U)
First strike
Adamant - When Ardenvale Battalion enters the battlefield, if at least three white mana was spent to cast it, create a token that's a copy of it.
2/1

IIW: Eldraine mechanics

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

The IIW asked for Land Enchantments, which I thought could be interpreted multiple ways, unlike Enchantment Lands.

Resistance Stronghold
Legendary Land (R)
Resistance Stronghold enters the battlefield tapped unless you control no other nonbasic lands.
T: Add R or W to your mana pool.
T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast equipment cards, or to activate abilities of equipment.

iiw: strange mana

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”