[ELD] Lochmere Serpent (Tasca Do Magique)

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

"Image"

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 4 years ago

Loch Ness too? I wonder if other unidentified creatures would show up.

Even just dumping this creature into your GY for exiling purpose is nice.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

nice, a bit high on the cmc.. but this guy brings card draw to the table along with a huge body. Late game I won't care much if I had to sac a swamp or two.

need to get one or two of these. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

This is a hell of a bomb for limited. Big, flashy, evasive, and can come back from the graveyard at least once a game. This thing will be a nightmare to play against.

It's probably too big for Standard but the unblockability makes it great at killing planeswalkers at least.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Subject16 wrote:
4 years ago
This is a hell of a bomb for limited. Big, flashy, evasive, and can come back from the graveyard at least once a game. This thing will be a nightmare to play against.

It's probably too big for Standard but the unblockability makes it great at killing planeswalkers at least.
And the 7/7 body makes it great at killing players as well. ;)
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

whoa, this guy is actually a 7/7. Made a mistake on the first look, I thought it was a 6/6.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

Jeez I'd love to play this in limited. Would've made a fun legend but could still be fun in a Commander.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Impossible

Post by Impossible » 4 years ago

Legend wrote:
4 years ago
Jeez I'd love to play this in limited. Would've made a fun legend but could still be fun in a Commander.
I've never even heard of Questing Beast and that's a mythic legendary, but Nessie herself doesn't even get a legendary tag? Womp womp, WotC. Womp womp indeed.

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

The GY recursion is worse than it looks. It will often be tempting to sac islands and swamp, which will make recasting it harder. You need 8 mana to recur and recast in a single turn... which makes the flash ability a bit weird.

Flash is great for the first time being cast. Eat an attacker, untap, attack for 7 unblockable and draw a few cards... seems fair.

YawgmothPrime

Post by YawgmothPrime » 4 years ago

I enjoy the art and design of this card, just wish it was legendary. I mean, if some random frog monster on Innistrad can be The Gitrog Monster, then why can't Magic's Nessie be a legend too?
The human body is a machine to be perfected.

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

It's clearly just a photo of driftwood.

Jace

Post by Jace » 4 years ago

YawgmothPrime wrote:
4 years ago
I enjoy the art and design of this card, just wish it was legendary. I mean, if some random frog monster on Innistrad can be The Gitrog Monster, then why can't Magic's Nessie be a legend too?
Impossible wrote:
4 years ago
Legend wrote:
4 years ago
I've never even heard of Questing Beast and that's a mythic legendary, but Nessie herself doesn't even get a legendary tag? Womp womp, WotC. Womp womp indeed.
I agree with both of you. This creature should have been a Legendary. What a missed opportunity, making Questing Beast a Legendary Mythic (it's not even a named character) in place of Nessie.

I agree that Dimir colors are appropriate, but it sorely pains me that I cannot use this Serpent with such spectacular art in my Arixmethes Sea Monster EDH :( Perhaps a day will come that the deck has a UBG commander, but I doubt it. Ah well, it's not Legendary and I can just have it in my collection instead I suppose. At least Theros is on the way. With TBD on the horizon, I may not have room for this Serpent anyhow I suppose.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”