Painter's Servant/Grindstone/Leyline of the Void

The Desacrator
Pronoun: he / him

Post by The Desacrator » 4 years ago

Painter's Servant
Grindstone
Leyline of the Void

If I have Grindstone and the Servant in play while my opponent has a Leyline of the Void on board and I actiavte grindstone(with Servant naming say blue) will it mill my opponent's deck?

Accepted Answer

by WiseWarriorQc » 4 years ago
The Leyline won't affect your opponent anyway if they're the Leyline's controller. But let's say you control all 3 permanents and you are targeting your opponent with Grindstone. Then yes, the combo still works, the cards simply are exiled instead of put in the graveyard. Changing the cards' destination doesn't affect whether Grindstone can determine if the two cards share a color.
Go to full post

WiseWarriorQc
Answers: 13

Post by WiseWarriorQc » 4 years ago

The Leyline won't affect your opponent anyway if they're the Leyline's controller. But let's say you control all 3 permanents and you are targeting your opponent with Grindstone. Then yes, the combo still works, the cards simply are exiled instead of put in the graveyard. Changing the cards' destination doesn't affect whether Grindstone can determine if the two cards share a color.
I'm a former judge (lapsed), who keeps up to date on rules and policy. Keep in mind that judges' answers aren't necessarily more valid than those of people who aren't judges; what matters is we can quote the rules to back up our answers. When in doubt, ask for such quotes.

The Desacrator

Post by The Desacrator » 4 years ago

Thank you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”