Golden Saint Aurmok 3W
Creature - Spirit Soldier (U)
Vigilance
Madness - Have an opponent gain 9 life.
"I protect Brellach from all who should not be here. Especially you, scum."
3/3

Sinderion, Nirnroot Scholar 2U
Legendary Creature - Elf Wizard (R)
Whenever one or more creatures you control becomes tapped, scry 1, then you may reveal the top card of your library. If it's an artifact or Plant card, put it into your hand and add G.
When Sinderion dies, if you don't control a permanent named Sinderion's Field Journal, create Sinderion's Field Journal, a legendary colorless artifact token with "1U, Discard a card: Venture into Alftand."
A life literally given over for alchemical mastery.
1/3

Blight-Mage Sleeper 3BB
Creature - Horror Warlock (U)
Flying
When Blight-Mage Sleeper enters the battlefield, put a corprus +1/+1 counter on another target creature. (At the beginning of that creature's controller's upkeep, put another on it, then it deals damage to its controller equal to the number of corprus +1/+1 counters on it.)
"Come to the Sharmat Dagoth Ur as a friend!"
3/4

Quest for Malacath's Favor 1R
Legendary Enchantment (R)
Whenever one or more Orcs you control deal combat damage to a player, put a quest counter on Quest for Malacath's Favor if it has fewer than three quest counters on it.
Orcs you control get +1/+0 for each quest counter on Quest for Malacath's Favor.
2R, Remove three quest counters from Quest for Malacath's Favor: Transform Quest for Malacath's Favor.
///
Volendrung, Mighthammer
Legendary Artifact - Equipment (R)
Equipped creature gets +6/+0 and has trample, reach, and haste.
Equip 3

Kynareth's Altar-Keeper 3GG
Creature - Spirit Dryad (U)
Haste
When Kynareth's Altar-Keeper enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 green Wolf creature token.
When Kynareth's Altar-Keeper dies with fewer than two death counters on it, return it to the battlefield with one more death counter on it than it had.
2/3

Kemel-Ze Ballista 4
Artifact Creature - Drone (C)
Ward 2
T: Kemel-Ze Ballista deals 1 damage to target creature. If you're within or have completed a Dwemer dungeon, it deals 4 damage to that creature instead.
2/1

Alftand
Dungeon - Dwemer (S)
You can't enter this dungeon unless you "venture into Alftand."
Entry Gate - Look at target opponent's hand. (Leads to: Ruined Tower, Glacial Ruins)
Ruined Tower - Sacrifice an artifact. When you do, scry 3, then draw a card, then target player mills three cards. (Leads to: Dwarven Spider Corridor)
Glacial Ruins - Draw two cards. An opponent creates a 2/2 colorless Drone artifact creature token with vigilance. (Leads to: Animunculory)
Animunculory - Target player mills nine cards. (Leads to: Cathedral)
Dwarven Spider Corridor - Flip a coin. If you win, create three 1/1 colorless Spider Drone artifact creature tokens with reach. Otherwise, an opponent does. (Exit)
Cathedral - Create a token that's a copy of target nonlegendary artifact. If you do, draw a card. (Leads to: Blackreach Descent)
Blackreach Descent - After exiting, you may enter Blackreach. (Exit)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

When I saw the title of this post I almost fell out of my chair before clicking and realizing this was custom cards and not a thread talking about a new official crossover. 10/10 would troll myself again.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
When I saw the title of this post I almost fell out of my chair before clicking and realizing this was custom cards and not a thread talking about a new official crossover. 10/10 would troll myself again.
If I could, I'd do anything to make it so.

This is proving to be a rich vein, by the way.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

i love elder scrolls so much <3
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Ajira's Apprentice Class 1gw
Enchantment - Class
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, add .
2w: Level 2 -
The first time each turn you're dealt damage, prevent 2 of that damage.
3gg: Level 3 -
When you become Level 3, create three Clue tokens and add ggggggggg.

cos she deputizes you then feeds you healing and mana potions <3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Added more for a more representative sample. Creature typing is... hard in some cases.

(Aedric and daedric beings are one thing - Spirit seems pretty much like what they are despite taking physical form when on Nirn - but the heck am I supposed to do with Sixth House ash creatures? I made Ascended Sleepers generic Horrors as you can see, but Ash Zombies aren't actually undead and Ash Vampires aren't actually vampiric, and also they're much more clearly former Elves than most of the corprus beings are.)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

I'm sure you've considered some/all of these, but FWIW, you've got a lot of angles of creative leeway to come at this from:
  • Some creatures are represented by combinations of types: Rakshasa are Cat Demons (unless you're in the Forgotten Realms in which case they're Cat Devils). Maybe these are Elf Demons?
  • Lots of vampires aren't really vampires: Zendikar's Vampire are an eldrazi mutation, but they're the closest thing that plane has to the concept. Skaab are more of a Frankenstein thing than a traditional Zombie thing, though they definitely fit the bill, being a reanimated corpse.
  • Sometimes you can call something what it mostly is but isn't really: e.g. the Dragonborn in Forgotten Realms sets are just Dragons, even though they're not really dragons, because they're at least dragon enough.
  • You can definitely create new creature types when nothing else fits quite right. AFR gave us Tieflings, even if there were already Devils. You could create Ashspawn? (I don't know if the game calls them that but we can.)
You could also just avoid them completely to not have to deal with this mess lol

In my view, the Ash Zombies (may whatever gods are in Morrowind have mercy on them) are definitely Zombie enough to be called Zombies. (Or like, Ashspawn Zombies.) If you have your entire skull carved out and emptied and you're still somehow magically alive, and someone tells me you're a zombie, I'll believe them without further questions.

But Ash Vampires don't appear to be vampires in any sense in which case I'd be tempted to call them Elf Demons or just Ashspawn.
Last edited by spacemonaut 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

That was a big help. The major question that remains is whether Orsimer need to be Orc Elves on the typeline (they are of course still mer), and less pressingly whether any cards for Dwemer characters - not sure if I'd even design one other than maybe Yagrum Bagarn at this stage - need to say Dwarf Elf. (And Radac Stungnthumz from the Tribunal expansion... Legendary Creature - Dwarf Elf Spirit Artificer???)

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 1 year ago

This is pretty awesome, actually.

One note to if and when you design the protagonist from the games, make sure they don't have a race. After all, they can be any of the playable races. Personally, I'm playing a Snow Elf when I play Skyrim (no, not one of the degenerate falmer, one of the original snow elves, it's modded in. And honestly, if you are playing an Elder Scrolls game, and haven't modded it at least a little, why?)
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”