Mirrans in the furnace layer able to escape or not?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

Hi, some years ago.. not sure anymore which wiki I saw it.. when Elesh Noran attacked the furnace layer, the mirrans sheltered by Urabrask were all slaughtered.

Today, have seen in the wiki that mirrans were actually able to escape to the mountain shelters. https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Urabrask

so which one is canon? The mirrans in the furnace wiped out, or were they able to escape?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 2 years ago

this may or may not help (I guess none of this is canon)

well first thing where is the book that talks about the Elesh norn business cause I guess I want to read it.

but I think as long as Melira, Sylvok Outcast is alive there will always be a mirran presence. additionally we know Koth of the Hammer is still fighting. I will state that the compleation of tamiyo puts a wrench in this because it can easily be noted that if Koth gets compleated the mirrans are really really really in a bad spot.

but it really starts talking about the shape of mirrodin and its size. its understood that the interior "core" of mirroring is hallow with "tubes" of which each sun "ejected" from the center that connects to the surface. it can therefore be implied (by me) that each individual praetor has its own "tube" that it build its "layers". if I can recall there is not a equal variation where the suns are. the suns being the strongest concentration of their respective mana. like im pretty sure the blue sun and the black? sun are pretty close together but I could be wrong. im trying to reference the mirrodin story and its been a while.

so In conclusion I would say that there are probably indeed pockets of mirrans or at least a pocket. I would say at least the trolls and melira have a "base". its probably in a area very weak or the most farthest away from any specific sun.

a little speculation is that the center would generate the 6th sun. the most important sun of all for mirrodin. but this wouldn't have anything to do with turning any specific tide of war cause I think its pretty clear that mirrodin will not turn back into mirrodin.

now since the understanding of halo and its affects on phyrexian oil could indeed cause the boundary to be more specific. even push the line back. there honestly is a lot going on via new Phyrexia without being there for many many years. its not really clear what halo would do on new Phyrexia cause its not a mirran trying to obtain it. its also unclear why a phyrexian would want to use a weapon on its peers that would also destroy itself.

anyway like I said this may not help but I like "talking" about this topic and the phyrexian threat in general.

The N82O Molecule

I've learned since then that the suns don't stay in one place. so there is no real safe place from the suns. nor should I guess there needs to be.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

yeah, I guess as long as Melira is not compleated or killed, there's hope.

Urabrask wanting "halo" is probably so he could have a weapon against Norn. or maybe he knows someone who can use it effectively? it's fun to speculate.

where did you get the info about the 6th sun?

sorry for late reply. Was a busy week for me, including taking care of my sick cat.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The N82O Molecule

there is no 6th sun, that's just my own speculation. it just makes sense to me because the plane is for artifacts lol

is the "battle" between Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Sheoldred, Whispering One in the search for Karn or where? Im wondering if I need to reread something or I missed something

The N82O Molecule

my apologies, I guess its safe to say that I don't know what im talking about.

Ive learned that after some research that mirrodin is indeed sized and the "moons" move around in the sky. additionally the legunas that the "moons" came from aren't associated with the phyrexian layers at all..

I've just been interested because its one of my favorite if not THE favorite plane.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

i get info only from what wikis say, so my knowledge is limited as well.

no need to apologize, it's fun to theorycraft.

Mirrodin is my favorite plane as well. Ravager Affinity is my fav modern deck too.. but had to give it a rest after they banned opal.

MaritLage
Catholic Nun
Pronoun: she / her

Post by MaritLage » 2 years ago

Honestly , i don·t even like calling the "New Phyrexians" Phyrexians . They·re Mirrans with Phthisis and it·s eating them alive just like it·s supposed to .

Remember that the Glistening Oil was not a gift . Urza sacrificed Xantcha and then tore out her heart and used it to power his time machine . (Specifically , the golem he needed to make it work .) The Dominarian Time Machine got up and wandered away and tried to fuse with an inherently Phyrexian heartstone , then went and bled infectious oil all over a brand-new plane . And now they all have Phthisis . The end .

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 1 year ago

the one thing that really peeves me about this whole thing. . .is that the one thing that held back the "oil" is that it couldn't travers the blind eternities. and now here we are its getting everywhere because tezeret has a armpit planar portal.

I don't like the idea that one of the praetors takes the thrown. Phyrexia is all about hierarchy. I would assume the lord of machines, that will be generated in part of the process that is happening on mirrodin, would have concept of all colors of mana. if I must say so I shalt that I don't want Elesh fusing with jin either I want a separate praetor or some other character in the hierarchy to be the phyrexian essence of those colors respectively.

I have been doing some research on the business and it seems that ol yawg is a little over hyped. I look forward to the NEXT Lord of Machines

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 1 year ago

I just need to point out that Yawgmoth is not the origin of the glistening oil. It was already there when he got to Phyrexia.

My pet theory is that it is what was once the creator of the original Phyrexia, or rather what he created. Speaking in modern terms. The Glistening Oil is nano-machines with an inherent drive to transmute everything they come in contact with. And until recently, having a spark made you immune to the effect. The original creator of Phyrexia created the glistening oil, but was consumed by it.

Of course, I have no evidence for my pet theory, but it does explain why the oil does what it does.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”