Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

That Tar Pit Regisaur was adorable and I'm psyched it won. :D

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

"And coming up in sports this week, it seems that the Tah Crop skirmishers are going to face off against the Nef Crop Entanglers..."
Sorry, had to get it out of the way.
Returned Caracal 2WB
Creature - Zombie Cat (uncommon)
When returned Caracal enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black and white zombie cat creature token with lifelink.
Other cats you control get +1/+0 and have lifelink.
Other zombies you control get +0/+1 and have deathtouch.
In life or in death, they are always hungry.
2/3
IIW: Uncommon walkers from WotS upshifted to Rare. Show me the new designs!

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

New Reign of Hazoret 3r
Legendary Enchantment (m)
All creatures have +2/+0.
Whenever a player casts a spell, if it's not that player's turn, that spell deals damage to its controller equal to its conveeted mana cost.

IIW: A 7/7 for three mana.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Well since avatarz seems to have edited in a fitting card for the last challenge I will quickly judge it.

Frozen Atoll is cute and uses the mechanic in a surprising way. However, a mana rock plus 4/4 beater plus one-shot very potent removal (gets around indestructible and can force an opponent to keep a drawback creature without the creature part) is possibly too much for 1U as the base cost.

The right card won imo
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 4 years ago

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

God-Pharaoh Hapatra BGW
Legendary Creature- Human Cleric (M)
Wither
If you control five or more Cleric creatures, God-Pharaoh Hapatra is a God in addition to other types, and has indestructible.
Whenever one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, create a 1/1 black, green, and white Snake Cleric creature token with wither and lifelink.
Whenever one or more -1/-1 counters are placed on a creature, you may pay 1 life to draw a card.
3/3

IIW: Common/Uncommon enchantment support

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Well since avatarz seems to have edited in a fitting card for the last challenge I will quickly judge it.

Frozen Atoll is cute and uses the mechanic in a surprising way. However, a mana rock plus 4/4 beater plus one-shot very potent removal (gets around indestructible and can force an opponent to keep a drawback creature without the creature part) is possibly too much for 1U as the base cost.

The right card won imo
Well, it's a 4/4 only when you spend 3UUU on it, I don't think it's too cheap! Probably at the upper limit of being pushed.
I also think it needs to be judged as in a hypothethical enviroment in which Slumbering is present: mana rocks are not so uncommon and ramping in every colour is normality.

Shaminn, Spear of Naktamun 1WWW
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior (R)
Double strike
Other creatures you control get +1/+1.

Reincarnate 3WW (Return this to the battlefield as an Aura enchantment attached to target creature. If this would leave the battlefield, exile it instead.)
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control and have double strike.
3/3

IIW: MtG from another dimension

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Silence of the Sands 2WB
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, that player sacrifices a creature. When they do, create a 2/2 Zombie creature token. If they can't, they lose 3 life and you gain 3 life.
"I feel like I've forgetten something." - Jace

IIW: bad endings

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Mourner of the Glorified 4B
Creature — Minotaur Cleric (U)
Deathtouch
When Mourner of the Glorified enters the battlefield, create a 2/2 white Zombie creature token.
B, Tap X untapped creatures you control: Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn.
"May we remember all that she taught us."
1/3

IIW: News from Tarkir, where the ancient ways of the clans are being revived.
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 5 times in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Khopra Redeemed 3WB
Legendary Creature - God (M)
Vigilance
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 2/2 white Zombie creature token, then you gain X life, where X is the number of Zombies you control.
When Khopra Redeemed dies, you may sacrifice two Zombie creatures. If you do, return it and up to one target creature card in your graveyard to the battlefield at the beginning of your next upkeep.
4/4

Fiddling with the number of creatures to sacrifice and when to return it was difficult. I opted on this configuration because returning every 3 turns on its own felt correct (you'll miss the trigger the turn it returns itself) and the timing gives the opponent some reward for killing it in combat on your turn by being able to swing in.

IIW: Demons
Alternate IIW: What if Liliana's contract was with beebles instead of demons?

EDIT: Bonus card for flavor.

Khopra's Consecration 1WB
Instant (U)
Exile target card from a graveyard. Create a 2/2 white Zombie creature token, then you gain 2 life.
"My purpose and will were warped but not ruined. The Blessing of Wandering can still be saved."
-Khopra, god of redemption
Last edited by Cythare 4 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Amonkhetamine UR
Sorcery (U)
Exert target creature you control. It gets +3/+3, and gains flying and haste until end of turn.

IIW: Fortifications
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

:omg:
Again?!
:mad:
Around 24 hours till judging.

Is something like "IIW: Use one of HM'ed players challenge and they will judge entries." acceptable? :thinking:

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Djeru's Enrollment 1WW
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a creature card with power 1 or less, put it onto the battlefield. If it's a creature card with power 2 or 3, put it into your hand. Otherwise, put it on the bottom of your library.
Conscripts, volunteers, the lost undead - the plenary reconstruction of Amonkhet needs many hands.

IIW: Ancient Kaladesh
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
:omg:
Again?!
:mad:
Around 24 hours till judging.

Is something like "IIW: Use one of HM'ed players challenge and they will judge entries." acceptable? :thinking:
Yeah, Sagharri. Stop posting such fun and enjoyable cards. Jeez.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

How dare you continue growing into one of the best Flamingo designers, smh

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Imaba the Hopeful 2W
Legendary Creature - God (Mythic)
Flying, indestructible
Imaba the Hopeful can't attack or block unless another enchanted creature you control is attacking or blocking.
2W: Return target Aura card from your graveyard to your hand.
"Teach us kindness."
-Samut's Prayer

4/4

IIW: nonblack Reanimation

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

just git bad lmao

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Hazoret, the God-Survivor
2R
Legendary Creature - God
Indestructible

At the beginning of your upkeep, put any cards exiled with Hazoret into their owner's graveyard and exile the top card of your library.

You may play cards exiled with Hazoret.

Hazoret can't attack or block if there are any cards exiled with it.
4/4

IIW: ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ Hobo Magic ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

As a side note: I can no longer find the old MTGS thread on the Hobo Magic format, does anyone still have that link?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Cardz5000 wrote:
4 years ago
Could you explain here what that means? It looks like MTG Salvation requires me to sign up to read its forums and I'm not going to do that, so I wouldn't be able to read the old thread on there anyway.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

The short answer is it's Magic without mana.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Cardz5000 wrote:
4 years ago
As a side note: I can no longer find the old MTGS thread on the Hobo Magic format, does anyone still have that link?
The thread owner was likely hit by the EU compliance where said users' posts had to be deleted if they didn't opt-in during a specified window.
spacemonaut wrote:
4 years ago
Cardz5000 wrote:
4 years ago
Could you explain here what that means? It looks like MTG Salvation requires me to sign up to read its forums and I'm not going to do that, so I wouldn't be able to read the old thread on there anyway.
Basically, you can't use mana to pay for a spell's actual mana cost. If a spell has an alternate casting cost (with or without a mana payment) or you can reduce that spell's cost to 0 such as with affinity, then you can cast a spell.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Lord some serious Hobo tech has been made since I last thought about that format.

Like I think it's now well accepted that Hogaak is too good in Modern. I think he's much, much better than THAT in Hobo.

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Correct, GDPR led to the deletion of five and a half thousand of my posts, sabotaging the CF post count and deleting the Hobo thread.

I began work on a site to house content for the format which is still in progress. I'm looking to put some time into it on my month off. The easiest way to develop discussion and post lists at this point though would probably be through means of a Discord server, rather than thread-based discussion.

we also gave it a new name in case more people actually look at it.
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

A couple of days have passed, commence moaning that there are no judgments yet

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”