Lawful Rebuttal

SmashPortal
Pronoun: he / him

Post by SmashPortal » 5 years ago

I've changed the mana cost since receiving feedback from reddit. As I said in a comment on that post, the original version was basically Narset's Reversal (pre-War of the Spark).

Lawful Rebuttal WU
Instant (U)
Return target spell to its owner's hand.
Addendum -- If you cast this spell during your main phase, exile that spell instead.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Edit 1: Updated mana cost to reflect feedback (from {W/U}U to WU)
Last edited by SmashPortal 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 5 years ago

Nothing wrong with that effect for two mana - the addendum here is pretty marginal but good as a counterspell hoser - but that mana cost is aesthetically jarring. Something about hybrid mana next to one of the mana symbols the hybrid symbol contains is out-of-balance and ugly. A lot of people don't even think costs like Thopter Foundry's look good. If you're going to include white this card should cost WU.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SmashPortal

Post by SmashPortal » 5 years ago

I agree with your analysis and have updated the card's mana cost. I think I was mentally stuck on the effect hybrid mana has on the card frame, making it multicolored instead of gold.
ImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”