[Question] Can MTGNexus handle custom Tokens?

SPYROHAWK
Pronoun: he / him

Post by SPYROHAWK » 2 years ago

Simply put, I'm making a custom set, and I'd like to add tokens. However, there's no token frame for the cards. I figured that's fine, I could just use a different frame and that's that.

But then I ran into the issue that unless otherwise stated, creature tokens are named after their creature type. So if you have, say, a 2/2 black zombie token and a 4/4 black zombie token with menace, both are just called "Zombie". But since MTGNexus doesn't seem to register them as tokens, it just sees two cards in the same set with the same name, and doesn't allow that.

So, I guess my question is, how does everyone else handle tokens in their custom sets?

I'm very new to this website, so I apologize if this is a stupid question, or if I posted it in the wrong place.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Tagging in @Feyd_Ruin, who's the best person to ask technical questions.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 2 years ago

SPYROHAWK wrote:
2 years ago
But since MTGNexus doesn't seem to register them as tokens, it just sees two cards in the same set with the same name, and doesn't allow that.
We should absolutely allow two cards with the same name.

Token frame, as well as the newer frames, and border, etc, are all on the list to add. It'll be some time though, as I'm focusing on other things.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”