CF Castoffs: Elders

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

The last Club Flamingo challenge to finish was Elders for creature types that have never gotten them before. Since I made a... few more than the prompt called for, I've collected the extras here.

The Ever-Honored 4WB
Legendary Creature - Elder Noble (M)
As The Ever-Honored enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Other creatures you control of the chosen type get +2/+2.
Creatures you don't control of the chosen type can't block.
T: Return target permanent card of the chosen type from your graveyard to the battlefield.
T: Destroy target permanent of the chosen type.
4/4

Nameless Soul-Spark 1
Creature - Elder Spirit (R)
Ward 1
1, T, Sacrifice Nameless Soul-Spark: You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
4, T, Sacrifice Nameless Soul-Spark: You may put an Elder, Spirit, or planeswalker card from your hand onto the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
1/1

Vannad, Who Is the Sun 4WWW
Legendary Creature - Elder Elemental (M)
Flying
Spells you cast during combat cost 3 less to cast.
Whenever an attacking or blocking creature you don't control becomes the target of a spell, exile that creature.
"In the first moment of the morning justice must be done. This is immutable law." - Safflower Scriptures
6/6

Skralk-Mabra 4RG
Legendary Creature - Elder Drake (M)
Flying, prowess, trample
Whenever Skralk-Mabra attacks, it deals damage equal to its power to each Dragon and each planeswalker.
No trespassing!
4/5

Great Dire Cave Bear 4GG
Creature - Elder Bear (M)
Trample
Indestructible by nonlegendary ("Destroy" effects from nonlegendary sources don't destroy this creature. Lethal damage doesn't destroy this creature unless damage from a legendary source is marked on it.)
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause you to discard Great Dire Cave Bear, instead put Great Dire Cave Bear on top of your library and untap a Forest you control.
5/4

Alabaster Reef, Natural Wonder 2WW
Legendary Creature - Elder Polyp (M)
T: Tap an untapped creature you control without a view counter on it. If you do, put a view counter on that creature. Activate only as a sorcery.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws a card for each creature you control with a view counter on it.
If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on an untapped creature with a view counter on it you control, three times that many are placed instead.
When Alabaster Reef leaves the battlefield, remove all view counters from creatures you control.
0/12
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
The last Club Flamingo challenge to finish was Elders for creature types that have never gotten them before. Since I made a... few more than the prompt called for, I've collected the extras here.

The Ever-Honored 4WB
Legendary Creature - Elder Noble (M)
As The Ever-Honored enters the battlefield, choose a creature type.
Other creatures you control of the chosen type get +2/+2.
Creatures you don't control of the chosen type can't block.
T: Return target permanent card of the chosen type from your graveyard to the battlefield.
T: Destroy target permanent of the chosen type.
4/4
Value! Huge fan of attrition commanders, this will not make you any friends with tribal players and will definitely make you a target but with the right political maneuvers I can see this sticking long enough to deal with those pesky elf/goblin/sliver players no one likes. :D
Nameless Soul-Spark 1
Creature - Elder Spirit (R)
Ward 1
1, T, Sacrifice Nameless Soul-Spark: You may put a land card from your hand onto the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
4, T, Sacrifice Nameless Soul-Spark: You may put an Elder, Spirit, or planeswalker card from your hand onto the battlefield. Activate only as a sorcery.
1/1
Fragile body but strong, low cost effects meant for recursion to pull ahead and stay ahead. Definetely a card that will be underestimated until you start doing nasty things then people will go out of their way to stop it. Doesn't necessarily win on it's own but is a great enabler and very tool-boxy. Would love to see what sorta nonsense this would brew.
Vannad, Who Is the Sun 4WWW
Legendary Creature - Elder Elemental (M)
Flying
Spells you cast during combat cost 3 less to cast.
Whenever an attacking or blocking creature you don't control becomes the target of a spell, exile that creature.
"In the first moment of the morning justice must be done. This is immutable law." - Safflower Scriptures
6/6
Great scorpion card, I feel like this would be a Archon rather than an elemental.
Skralk-Mabra 4RG
Legendary Creature - Elder Drake (M)
Flying, prowess, trample
Whenever Skralk-Mabra attacks, it deals damage equal to its power to each Dragon and each planeswalker.
No trespassing!
4/5
Interesting. There are a lot of pesky dragons this would be great against (I have a personal vendetta against quite a few.), but feels very niche. Needs blue imo to accommodate more drakes.
Great Dire Cave Bear 4GG
Creature - Elder Bear (M)
Trample
Indestructible by nonlegendary ("Destroy" effects from nonlegendary sources don't destroy this creature. Lethal damage doesn't destroy this creature unless damage from a legendary source is marked on it.)
If a spell or ability an opponent controls would cause you to discard Great Dire Cave Bear, instead put Great Dire Cave Bear on top of your library and untap a Forest you control.
5/4
Indestructible to nonlegendary maybe? Love discard hosers, this could be quite fun. I think 3gg seems ok.
Alabaster Reef, Natural Wonder 2WW
Legendary Creature - Elder Polyp (M)
T: Tap an untapped creature you control without a view counter on it. If you do, put a view counter on that creature. Activate only as a sorcery.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player draws a card for each creature you control with a view counter on it.
If one or more +1/+1 counters would be placed on an untapped creature with a view counter on it you control, three times that many are placed instead.
When Alabaster Reef leaves the battlefield, remove all view counters from creatures you control.
0/12
Very cool. Love these types of things. Just hanging with some polyps making counters.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you like!

Re: The Ever-Honored - That's what I was going for. I was concerned about the reanimation ability but as you say, at the EDH table it'll only get you targeted. Maybe the most secret tech is just to name Human all the time?

Re: Vannad - I get what you're saying about him feeling like an Archon mechanically, but, no, really, he is his plane's sun.

Re: Skralky-Baby - Do wish I had fit blue in there somehow. I could have just added blue to the cost given the prowess, but... hmm. Will have to think on it.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”