New Challenge Every Day - November 15th: Sagas

Locked Previous topicNext topic
slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

Today's Challenge: Sagas

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
slimytrout 46 (+3)
Ink-Treader 38 (+5)
JovialJovian 29 (+1)
bravelion83 27
dyd 22 (+4)
netn10 18 (+1)
void_nothing 14
Lorn Asbord Schutta 9
kwanyeegor-ii 5
MonoRedMage 5
Pygyzy 3
Venedrex 2 (+2)
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Sagas
dyd wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, slimytrout
HM: JovialJovian - very nice design, but q with no costs makes infinite combos too easy.

Ifnir Perforator 2b
Creature – Scorpion Demon
Cleave 3bbb (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
First strike
When Ifnir Perforator enters the battlefield, put four -1/-1 counters on target creature [ with the highest power among creatures you control ].
6/5

IIW: evoke
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Vote: dyd, slimytrout

Leaping Boulder 2RR
Creature - Elemental (U)
Cleave 4RR (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Haste
When Leaping Boulder enters the battlefield, it gains flying and trample [until end of turn].
4/4

Tempted to be cheekier and bracket out everything before flying and trample too.
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, slimytrout

Armored Sentinel 3G
Creature — Elf Warrior (U)
Cleave 1G (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
When Armored Sentinel enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on [each of up to three] target creature[s] you control.
"Here everybody, take these and fight!"
1/1

IIW: disturb
netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, dyd

Mirran Sculptor 4
Creature - Myr (Uncommon)
Cleave 1
When Mirran Sculptor enters the battlefield, create a [1/1] colorless artifact [creature] token named Darksteel Relic with indestructible.
1/1

IIW: New mechanic for the Mirrans in Mirrodin.
JovialJovian wrote:
2 years ago
votes: ink-treader, venedrex

Ghostway Guide 3W
Creature - Spirit (R)
Cleave 5UU
Flash
When Ghostway Guide enters the battlefield, exile another target creature [you control], then return that card to the battlefield under your control.
2/3

IIW: Reimagine a character who's real card was underwhelming
Pygyzy wrote:
2 years ago
Netn10, dyd

Batteries Not Included! 13
Artifact [Creature - Doll Villain] (Un-M)
Cleave 0
[When Batteries Not Included enters the battlefield, if you spent thirteen mana to cast it, spells you don't control always target opponents or their permanents, and creatures you don't control always attack opponents for as long as] you control Batteries Not Included!.
["The flavor is your opponents get turned into animatronic dolls with no batteries."]
[1/1]

Iiw: MaRo's worst nightmare
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: dyd, Ink-Treader

Instigator Alpha 3RR
Creature - Wolf (R)
Cleave 7RR
Trample, protection from Humans
When Instigator Alpha enters the battlefield, target creature other than Instigator Alpha [you control] fights another target creature.
4/4

IIW: Wolfir
slimytrout wrote:
2 years ago
Ink-Treader, Venedrex

Necromancer's Apprentice 2BB
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Cleave 4BB
Deathtouch
When Necromancer's Apprentice enters the battlefield, return target creature card [with mana value 2 or less] from your graveyard to the battlefield.
2/2

IIW: Planeswalkers with jobs

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 2 years ago

Netn10, slimytrout

Abomination's Agony 2UBR
Enchant player
[ I ] Enchanted player exchanges their hand and graveyard. You lose 1 life for each card that leaves a graveyard this way.
[ II ] Enchanted player reveals their hand. Each player puts a legendary permanent card revealed this way onto the battlefield under their control.
[ III ] Enchanted player loses 1 life for each legendary permanent on the battlefield, then sacrifices all legendary permanents they control.
Enchantment - Aura Curse Saga (R)

Iiw: The Ultimate Evil

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 2 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing
HM: Pygyzy - I want that card in the next Un- set!

Liliana's Rebellion WBB
Enchantment - Saga Aura (R)
Enchant creature or planeswalker
I - Put two +1/+1 counters or a loyalty counter on enchanted permanent. You gain 4 life.
II - Put an indestructible counter on enchanted permanent. Each player sacrifices a creature or planeswalker.
III - Exile target permanent.

IIW: a new Happy Holidays card

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now
Pronoun: he / him

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, slimytrout

The First Flora G
Enchantment — Saga (U)
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after V.)
I, II, III, IV, V — Choose a color that hasn't been chosen. Add one mana of that color. Until end of turn, you don't lose this mana as steps and phases end.

IIW: tribal lord for an obscure tribe
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 2. Judging deadline on the 18th.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

netn10

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: JoviaJovian, Pygyzy

Time and Time Again U
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever a Saga you control is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return it to the battlefield at the beginning of your upkeep.

IIW: Blue vigilance or black destroy enchantment

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Vote: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Assembling the Legacy 1RW
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I, II - Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a historic card. Put that card into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in random order. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.)
III - Assembling the Legacy deals damage equal to the number of historic permanents you control to any target. If a permanent dealt damage this way this turn would die, exile it instead.

IIW: Archons

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: dyd. JovialJovian

Anomalous Time Streams UU
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I - Each player returns a nonland, non-Saga permanent they control to its owner's hand.
II - Until the beginning of your next turn, you may cast spells as though they had flash.
III - The next time you cast a permanent spell this turn, copy that spell.

IIW: Sharks
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

dyd, JovialJovian (not sure if flash was necessary, but I do like that it's an Agent of Treachery that can't be flickered/cheated out)

The Elder Dragon War WUBRG
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I, II - You may put a Dragon creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.
III - Until end of turn, whenever you attack with a Dragon, it deals 3 damage to any target and you gain 3 life and draw a card.

IIW: Oops

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 2 years ago

votes: dyd, slimytrout

Whispers From the Abyss 1UB
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I, II, III, IV - Surveil 2.
V - Reveal the top card of your library. If it's named Whispers From the Abyss, create Marit Lage. Otherwise, cast it without paying its mana cost.

IIW: Card based on Australia

@slimytrout just a few seconds late, can I still get my entry in?

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”