The Shattered Realm: simple commons/uncommons

dangerousdice
Pronoun: he / him

Post by dangerousdice » 3 years ago

I believe that we should try to make some simple commons/uncommons to try to get a feeling for the set.

as @folding_music said:

"I'm not sure of the necessity of formal wedges or anything, I liked each society being main in one color with secondary presence in another and I think we're just assembling patterns instead of cards at this point! let's test designing some and see what happens naturally."

I agree with this, but i want everyone else's opinion first. any thoughts?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Sure - I've been so busy but I've missed this project and I'd love to get it back on track.

Zo-Pekti Glider 1W
Creature - Soltari Rogue (C)
Flying
When Zo-Pekti Glider enters the battlefield, you gain 2 life.
The city of Pekti has laws against its citizens visiting its own outlying driftrock islets. However, religious zeal compels a few to overlook those laws.
1/1
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dangerousdice

Post by dangerousdice » 3 years ago

i've been distracted recently, but here's 2 uncommons! for the mechanics, the only one i'm pretty sure is happening is reweave, so i'm just going to use any mechanics I think work well. (we'll need to narrow mechanics down eventually.)

leylines gift
instant -
cascade, cascade, cascade.

leylines gift is pretty simple. not sure if cascade works for the set though. opinions?

granter of accursed fortunes
creature - elder demon
spend only mana spent by treasures to cast granter of accursed fortunes.
menace; first strike
6/6

I believe that the dauthi should have a treasure theme.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Thanks for keeping things going dangerous. Sorry for being absent lately, I recently started working and have been busy, but I have been thinking a lot about the set and dreaming up ideas for cards.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

dangerousdice wrote:
3 years ago
i've been distracted recently, but here's 2 uncommons! for the mechanics, the only one i'm pretty sure is happening is reweave, so i'm just going to use any mechanics I think work well. (we'll need to narrow mechanics down eventually.)

leylines gift
instant -
cascade, cascade, cascade.

leylines gift is pretty simple. not sure if cascade works for the set though. opinions?
I'm not big on using either cascade or even necessarily hybrid mana, but also a) this card could never be uncommon and b) it's unprintably broken. Maybe not for Standard and it'd be useless in Limited but in eternal formats it's "Turn 1, land, Ancestral Vision, Ancestral Vision, Hypergenesis, GG." Bottom line you shouldn't even get one cascade for one mana since that is an all but guaranteed cheat-out for similar cards, of which more are still being made in Modern Horizons sets.
granter of accursed fortunes
creature - elder demon
spend only mana spent by treasures to cast granter of accursed fortunes.
menace; first strike
6/6

I believe that the dauthi should have a treasure theme.
Even this looks more rare than uncommon - being an Elder, being that size, being uncastable except in a narrow way. However, it's still printable, and in fact would be a pretty nice Treasure payoff. Just, it would have to be rare, I think.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”