Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Unusual lands

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 43 (+2)
dyd 42 (+2)
netn10 34 (+2)
bravelion83 33 (+2)
Venedrex 32 (+2)
void_nothing 31 (+4)
ahyangyi 22
haywire 16
dangerousdice 5
FoilSquared 5 (+2)
wizyard 3
Riria 3
duducrash 1
.::Note of the Day::.

As this is going up so late tomorrow's thread will be up in 21-22 hours and not 24.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Kicker matters
dangerousdice wrote:
3 years ago
Venedrex, void_nothing
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes bravelion83 JovialJovian

Magnifilens 3
Artifact
t: Add one mana of any color. If that mana is spent on a kicked instant or sorcery spell, that spell gains rebound.
Whenever you cast your first kicked spell each turn, scry 1.

IIW: aftermath
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

Syphoner of Life 2B
Creature — Vampire (R)
Kicker B
When Syphoner of Life enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, target opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Whenever you cast a kicked instant or sorcery spell, you may have target opponent lose life equal to that spell's mana value. If you do, you gain that much life.
1/3

IIW: party
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, void_nothing

Mana Overload 1UR
Enchantment (Rare)
Replace all instances of 'kicker' with 'multikicker' of cards in your hand.
Whenever you kick a spell, discard a card, then draw a card.

IIW: Allied color pair from Strixhaven.
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: FoilSquared, netn10

Tyravolver 1
Creature - Volver (R)
Kicker B, 1R and/or 1G
If Tyravolver was kicked with B, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter and a Deathtouch counter on it.
If Tyravolver was kicked with 1R, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter and a First Strike counter on it.
If Tyravolver was kicked with 1G, it enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters and a Trample counter on it.
Whenever a player kicks a spell, put a +1/+1 counter on Tyravolver for each time that spell was kicked.
1/1

IIW: Peanuts
Venedrex wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: void_nothing, bravelion83

Regathering Ring
Enchantment (R)
Whenever you cast a kicked spell, add X mana in any combination of colors, where X is equal to that spell's mana value.
Sacrifice Regathering Ring: Return target card with a kicker ability from your graveyard to your hand.
Do not let overabundance turn to waste.

IIW: Insects.
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
netn10 foilsquared
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, JovialJovian

Hallar's Barrage 2G
Sorcery (U)
Hallar's Barrage deals 2 damage to each creature with flying, each player, and each planeswalker, plus 2 damage for each time you've kicked a spell this turn.

IIW: Nonblack Nightmares
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing Venedrex

Paradox Nexus
Legendary Land (R)
You can't activate mana abilities.
Whenever an opponent adds mana, you add the same mana. You don't lose that mana as steps and phases end.
(wp)(up)(bp)(rp)(gp) or (2/w)(2/u)(2/b)(2/r)(2/g): Exile Paradox Nexus. Its controller searches their library for a basic land card, puts it onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffles. Any player may activate this ability.

IIW: legendary basic land

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: Venedrex, void_nothing

Rocky Madhouse
Land (R)
You can't play Rocky Madhouse during your turn.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, you may put Rocky Madhouse onto the battlefield. When you do, you can't play lands or put land cards onto the battlefield until the end of your next turn.
T: Add C.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 2. Design deadline on the 15th.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, dyd

Under Cover B
Sorcery (Uncommon)
Target creature becomes a Swamp until end of turn.
Draw a card.
"Disgusting spell, yikes! Now do it again.

IIW: Blue red creature new keyword

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: dyd, Venedrex

Narcotic Plantation
Land - Plains (R)
(T: Add W)
Narcotic Plantation enters the battlefield tapped.
When Narcotic Plantation enters the battlefield, you may pay BB and 2 life. If you do, draw two cards.

IIW: Peanuts

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dyd venedrex
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Underspire Scrapyard
Land (R)
Underspire Scrapyard enters the battlefield tapped.
, : Mill a card.
: Add . Activate this ability only if there are seven or more artifacts in your graveyard.
: Add . Activate this ability only if there are fourteen or more artifacts in your graveyard.

IIW: Dragons
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Jewelmarch, the Healed Kingdom
Legendary Land (M)
At the beginning of each end step, you gain life equal to the amount of life you paid to activate abilities of lands this turn.
T: Add C.
7, T: Counter target spell that targets a player.

IIW: Locks and keys
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”