NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

I'm tired, and I have an errand to run, so I'm letting Momir handle the judging for me.

Subject 16: Your Hydradile is a color hoser that might emerge unscathed when a fight is triggered due to the protection.

mellifluoresce: Your submission was dead on arrival.

chetoos: Grounded Faeires never made much sense to me, even if they've received noble, Elven blood.

wonderful: Goblins breeding with Angels?! Even Kraj would swipe left on that hideousness. Additionally, since the abomination has lifelink, it would gain you 4 life from the sacrifice.

Cythare: While the variety of life on Tarkir deserves study, this encourages me to not visit. Interesting self-mill, and the neo-dredge has some curious potential.

Henlock: Go sleep it off.

Mergatroid_Jones: There should be a penalty if it doesn't attack or block, since it is going into a Berserk rage.

Cardz5000: Selesnyans need to stay in their lane. As this is presumably a Captain of one of their divisions, I'm sure there was a heavy price to pay to the Orzhov for the breeding fees. Seems they may have been overcharged.

Sagharri: I wonder if it is capable of satire. Reminds me of a woman I once heard a story about named Brigid. Capable woman, but people were stunned to inaction if she managed to get hold of a collar.

void_nothing: I don't want to think about the breeding process for this monstrosity. Such a shame it dies if it isn't challenged. Might want to check for a sundial to see if that keeps happening.

NinjaCaterpie: A Dragodile? Wouldn't this merely be a Drake? Most Dragons aren't going to consort with something so mindless as a crocodile. The only thing Legendary about One Thousand Teeth might be its noxious breath.

Winner: Sagharri.
Your punishment challenge: Randomness. No idea what that entails.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 4 years ago

Rakdos Shell Game 4RR
Art depicts a Rakdos acrobat as the controller of a shell game, lifting one of the shells up to reveal an explosive.
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever you cast a spell, choose up to one target creature or planeswalker and reveal the top X cards of your library, where X is that spell's converted mana cost. Rakdos Shell Game deals damage to the chosen target equal to the highest converted mana cost revealed this way. Put the revealed cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.
"Sure you don't wanna play again? Double or nothing!"
IIW: Upshift an uncommon walker from WotS to rare or mythic.
Last edited by chetoos 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 4 years ago

River Funkh 3U
Creature- Hippo Rogue (U)
U: River Funkh can't be blocked this turn
When River Funkh deals combat damage to a player, that player reveals a card at random from their hand. You may inscribe that card's name (Uninscribe any other card names inscribed with this card, and note that card's name.)
River Funkh has protection from cards with a name inscribed to it.
3/3

IIW: Uncommon enchantment support
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Nescient Lottery BR
Sorcery (C)
Choose a creature at random, then destroy that creature.
Rebound (If you cast this spell from your hand, exile it as it resolves. At the beginning of your next upkeep, you may cast this card from exile without paying its mana cost.)
The game where first prize is dead last.

IIW: Two color Hybrid (no 2-brid).

UBR Nekusar (EDH)

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Electrostatic Purge 1R
Sorcery (R)
Electrostatic Purge deals 3 damage to any target. If Electrostatic Purge was cast from a zone other than your hand, Electrostatic Purge deals 10 damage to a target chosen at random instead.

IIW: Tibalt in Vintage
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Scjor, Loyalty Unbound RWB
Legendary Creature - Incarnation (M)
All creatures have vigilance and must block each turn if able.
Whenever a creature blocks, flip a coin. If it comes up heads, exchange control of it and the creature it's blocking. (They're removed from combat.)
1/5

IIW: One Tarkir clan borrowing slightly from another.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

ApocalypseChive
Answers: 1

Post by ApocalypseChive » 4 years ago

In the Thick of It RG
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each combat damage step, each player flips a coin. Each creature controlled by a player whose coin came up tails assigns combat damage this turn equal to its toughness rather than its power.
"We attempted to flank the Gruul war band on two fronts. This tactic rapidly backfired when the goblins started riding the centaurs facing backwards."
-Boros field report

IIW: 90s grunge

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Mass Trasmogrification 5RRR
Sorcery (Rare)
Exile all nonland permanents. For each creature a player controls exiled this way, that player reveals cards from the top of their library until they reveal that many creatures, then puts them onto the battlefield and shuffles their library. Repeat this process for artifacts, planeswalkers and enchantments. Each player shuffles all cards exiled this way into their library. Exile Mass Transmogrification.
Bulfo awoke a changed man. It was a new experience for a snail.

IIW: Level Up

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Engulfing Lightning 1RR
Sorcery (R)
Until end of turn, whenever Engulfing Lightning deals damage to a target, it deals twice that much damage to any target that hasn't been dealt damage by Engulfing Lightning this turn, chosen at random.
Engulfing Lightning deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

IIW: They're 2, they're 4, they're 6, they're 8.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Rolling Lightning XXRRR
Sorcery (M)
Roll X six-sided die, then Rolling Lightning deals damage equal to the total of the result distributed among up to X target creatures or planeswalkers you don't control. If any die rolled a six, copy Rolling Lightning, and you may choose new targets for the copy.

Among the rulings: if there are no more eligible targets, you can't copy Rolling Lighting.

IIW: Colored artifacts
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

TheRavenManIsSquee
the Grinch of club flamingo

Post by TheRavenManIsSquee » 4 years ago

(The spirit of the challenge is randomness, so I used google's word Recommender to make my card. Recommends based on recent words typed.)
Magic mana Minecraft wizard 2UUGG
Creature- clash Royale unban Stoneforge mystic.
When Magic mana Minecraft wizard enters the battlefield, the nexus is the top card game it has to have an amazing way for the game to create the new design.
2/3
Does Bramblestar have Rabies?

What have I created?

IIW: Eldrazi
My MTGA username is TheOneTrueMouse. My username for this site is nothing if not factual.

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Vizrat, the Searing Laugh
{b/r}
Legendary Creature - Devil Advisor
At the beginning of your upkeep, Vizrat deals damage equal to its power to you, and you exile that many cards from the top of your library. Until end of turn, you may play a card exiled this way.
: Vizrat gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: Slumbering N (This enters tapped with N slumber counters on it. As long as it has a slumber counter on it, it's a land.)

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Judging time.

chetoos - Rakdos Shell Game - I'm not sure if it's enough Rakdos :thinking: Would expect more blood, less explosives :P

Mergatroid_Jones - River Funkh - Hippo Rogue is enough random choice for me :laugh:

Sojourner Dusk - Nescient Lottery - Double chance to win! Wait, what?

mellifluoresce - Electrostatic Purge - Unfortunately doesn't work with copies.

Cythare - Scjor, Loyalty Unbound - Maybe it's me, but I think that I don't like to see such long name for Incarnation .

ApocalypseChive - In the Thick of It - .... and then comes Doran and it ruins all fun.

Subject16 - Mass Trasmogrification - It is definitely random. Just don't know why I think about Worldfire while I read it. And that little voice in my mind - this game is too LONG.

NinjaCaterpie - Engulfing Lightning - First thought? Stuffy Doll and few (>10) tokens :halo:

spacemonaut - Rolling Lightning - Let me roll my dice. Damn... Three times '1'.

TheRavenManIsSquee - Magic mana Minecraft wizard - Hmm... Let's check at Random Card at Gatherer. It's opinion is: Plains, Plains and
Underground River.

Cardz5000 - Vizrat, the Searing Laugh - Question who will laugh? :grin:

Winner:
Cardz5000

Next Challenge:
Slumbering N (This enters tapped with N slumber counters on it. As long as it has a slumber counter on it, it's a land.)

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 4 years ago

Jindaowi, Spirit of Mt. Jinduru 2R
Legendary Creature- God Spirit (M)
Slumbering 3 (This enters tapped with 3 slumber counters on it. As long as it has a slumber counter on it, it's a land.)

When Jindaowi dies, return it to the battlefield if it is a creature.

T: Add R. You may sacrifice another land. If you do, remove a slumber counter from Jindaowi and add an additional RR.

When Jindaowi attacks, you may exile any number of land cards from your graveyard. If you do, Jindaowi deals that much damage to each opponent and each creature and planeswalker those players control.
7/7

IIW: A card that they should have printed by now.

NinjaCaterpie

Raganai, the Thundercaller 1RR
Legendary Creature - Elemental (M)
Trample, Slumbering 3 (This enters tapped with N slumber counters on it. As long as it has a slumber counter on it, it's a land.)
Whenever Raganai, the Thundercaller becomes the target of a spell or ability, remove a slumber counter from it. If it has no slumber counters on it, it deals 8 damage to any target.
T: Add R.
8/8

IIW: "Here's something to believe in!"
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

[mention]NinjaCaterpie[/mention]: How does Raganai get onto the battlefield?

Mu Gevt, Living Caldera UR
Legendary Creature — Leviathan (M)
Islandwalk, slumbering 6
Whenever you are dealt noncombat damage, remove a slumber counter from Mu Gevt, Living Caldera.
: Add UR. Mu Gevt deals 1 damage to you.
6/10

IIW: Legends you want in Eldraine.
Last edited by Sojourner Dusk 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)

NinjaCaterpie

ah geez I was thinking of it like a land

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

This challenge is a lot harder than it looks...

Demiurge of the Dawn 1WW
Artifact Creature — God (M)
Slumbering 10 (This enters tapped with ten slumber counters on it. As long as it has a slumber counter on it, it's a land.)
T: Add W.
Whenever your devotion to white increases, remove a slumber counter from Demiurge of the Dawn.
When you remove the last slumber counter from Demiurge of the Dawn, destroy all other creatures with power 3 or greater.
5/5

IIW: Colored artifacts
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

Cardz5000

[mention]spacemonaut[/mention] power/toughness

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Cardz5000 wrote:
4 years ago
spacemonaut power/toughness
Whoops, thank you. And rarity!

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Tar Pit Regisaur 1B
Creature - Dinosaur Skeleton (U)
Slumbering 3 (This enters tapped with 3 slumber counters on it. As long as it has a slumber counter on it, it's a land.)
T, Remove slumber counter from Tar Pit Regisaur: Add B.
1B, Sacrifice a Swamp: Put Tar Pit Regisaur from your graveyard into play.
6/4

IIW: News from Amonkhet after defeating Bolas.

Cardz5000

I guess I'll judge in about 5 hours.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Forgotten Soldier 2WW
Creature - Spirit Soldier (R)
Vigilance
t: Add W, then remove a slumber counter from Forgotten Soldier.
Whenever Forgotten Soldier becomes tapped, target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Rakshasa
Last edited by Cythare 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

Throne of Durrak
Legendary Enchantment (M)
Each creature must attack if able.
Each creature must be blocked if able.
During each player's turn, that player controls each other player. (They see all cards that other players could see and make all decisions for the players.)

edit: oh, wrong challenge

Frozen Atoll 1U
Creature — Elemental (U)
Slumbering 1 (This enters tapped with 1 slumber counters on it. As long as it has a slumber counter on it, it's a land.)
T: Add U to your mana pool. If this mana was spent to cast a creature spell, that creature enters the battlefield tapped.
2UU, T, Remove a slumber counter from ~: Put a slumber counter on another target creature. If it doesn't have slumbering, it gains slumbering.
4/4

IIW: MtG from another dimension

Cardz5000

Mergatroid_Jones » Jindaowi, Spirit of Mt. Jinduru: This feels like it may be from the Plane of Mountains and Seas. Getting rid of slumber counters on this is a bit rough, but you also get a nice little ritual for it as well. I think I would have prefered the attack trigger to not exile lands but just ping a single creature or planeswalker for each land in the grave.

NinjaCaterpie » Raganai, the Thundercaller: Turning a gutshot into 8 damage with this guy is savage! This feels like it gives way too much value! I'm also unsure if the 8 damage trigger is supposed to go off when it is targeted for the 3rd time, or just for the 4th time and beyond.

Sojourner Dusk » Mu Gevt, Living Caldera: I personally am not a fan of landwalk, so that is a bit of a strike for me on this card. I think this needs to cost a little bit more considering how well it ramps you, it could have also been neat to see the pain from tapping for mana transfer into a Pyrohemia (+planeswalkers) activation when it becomes a creature.

spacemonaut » Demiurge of the Dawn: Triggering off an increase in devotion is really interesting territory. As a Demiurge, it's really weird to have them be an artifact (who created the things that created the universe plane?, actually point taken that might be an interesting plot development...) I wish this did something more than just be a 5/5 mana dork after the wrath.

Sagharri » Tar Pit Regisau: This is a sold card that I honestly think would see some play in modern without being too overbearing for most standard environments. Really nailed this one.

Cythare » Forgotten Soldier: I imagine the art on this being an armored spirit over a dilapidated gravestone. This guy has a surprising amount going on with really wanting you to spend their mana on combat spells or abilities so you can get the most out of it. Solid work.

avatarz » Throne of Durrak: This is for you.

Winner: Sagharri
HM goes to Cythare.

Next up: News from Amonkhet after defeating Bolas.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”