"Image"

"Image"
Do you remember where we all came from?
Do you remember what it's all about?

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 3 years ago

I've never liked the pacts. While the concept of a spell you pay for later is cool
The fact that in execution they are often 0 mana you win the game spells. Makes them awful.

In that vein. Your blue and black ones reasonably fall into this category.

I like the alternate cost on the red one but its not actually interesting due to its small effect.

Green teeters on the edge of being a 0 mana you win the game spell. As a 0 mana haste trample spell it defintly has uses so its probably the second most interesting.

White is by far the most interesting. It plays into the question of what am I doing with my mana instead of casting a normal version of this card. Unfortunately the obvious best thing to do is some how make your own cards indestructible. Making this exile removes that trick forcing you to just build a board after the wrath in the normal way, just a turn earlier.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

Maybe a modern take on Pacts should create an effect that also temporarily puts you under "You can't win the game. Your opponents can't lose the game." until you pay the cost. Though that would have consequences for the mirror. :/

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”