Thoughts on Balance?

MonoRayJak
Bad Idea Engine
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MonoRayJak » 3 years ago

Ok, so, I'm making a custom set because I'm me... and I wanted to give black a single discard spell at instant speed, which is something that can be manipulated to a degree...
I'm basically just asking if this card seems balanced or evil.

Thoughtrend 1B
Instant (U)
Target player discards a card and mills two cards.

Does that seem fine for a single unccomon?
I don't know what this is for.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

Seems fine to me. Possibly a little underpowered - compare Funeral Charm, Esper Charm, and Kolaghan's Command.

Instant-speed discard can lead to poor gameplay - it's essentially a Time Walk when your opponent is empty-handed, since it blanks a draw step. However, that doesn't mean it's inherently oppressive or overpowered.

MonoRayJak
Bad Idea Engine

Post by MonoRayJak » 3 years ago

Thank you. I may power it up a small bit by amping the mill up to 3 or 4 cards or maybe adding a small amount of life loss in addition. Thank you for the feedback though, I really needed it.
I don't know what this is for.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Yeah, this is underpowered if anything. Milling more cards would be reasonable, adding (1?) life loss to it would frankly clutter the design a little which is not something you want unless the point of the design is to do a bunch of very very small things in the first place, like Vicious Rumors.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”