void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Subject16 is just lucky we don't have :mob:

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Someone call for a mob?

EDIT: Angry Mob.gif :modsmack: :sweat: .

Eh, I should have gone old school, anyway.
Last edited by Sojourner Dusk 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Once upon a time we infracted just for use of that emote! Isn't Nexus truly a paradise?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Okay for real where are the judgments
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

I saved a draft of this, then came back to some fresh entries 😭😭 still too late, so apologies all! I also couldn't figure out how to submit drafts from the control panel, so a copy/paste will do.

Henlock: A nice design, but I think "can't be blocked by creatures with reach" is a little off, I'd much prefer something along the lines of Welkin Tern's text, like "can only be blocked by creatures with flying."

Sojourner Dusk: This is a very powerful card and easily breakable in the right deck. 2 mana 2/2 is a good body for such a creature as well. I find it odd however that the first ability cares about other creatures dying, and yet the second ability lets it sacrifice itself. I'd rather they both care about the same thing.

Avatarz: Phasing is one of those mechanics that's much more difficult to design than we think. Take this card for instance: Unlike the phasing mechanic this doesn't have phase in and out every other turn which is already super helpful, but the condition for this to phase out isn't beneficial. Because it phases out to any spell or ability your opponents have no incentive for actually targeting it other than removing it for one turn. It's essentially hexproof with a few extra steps, and so this card will 90% of the time be stuck as a 2 mana 1/1. Now of course you can force it to phase out with your own spells/abilities, but spells you want to cast on your own creatures are usually beneficial to them, and in this case you lose your spell by having a non-existent target. I appreciate trying to get phasing to work in a better way, but I just don't think this is a particularly good card.

Ninjacaterpie: I like this card but I think it's too easy to abuse because of how "next end step" works for the game. (For example if you tap a creature with Frost Titan and then cast Crippling Chill on that same creature it becomes tapped for the next two upkeeps. With your card you or any player can potentially stall out the game to a standstill as long as they can produce artifacts to sacrifice. I think this will be much messier a card than it should be.

Spacemonaut: Brushwagg is always a welcome creature type, and it's fitting to put them on a plane with life-imatating constructs. The energy mechanic isn't overpowered but the fact you can share it among any creature can be powerful. Nice design.

Sagharri: Nice design but a small wording issue. I don't think this is strong enough to be considered a rare, its probably better at uncommon or even common in some sets.

Cythare: Robo-Kithkins seem super weird to me. It's interesting that it reanimates and interacts with nonartifacts, and I like the scaling effect with the +1/+1 counters.

ForestsCarl: Hybrid artifacts help settle the type a little better, and I like that it ramps you and gets bigger. I think it's worth noting that it counts itself towards the end step ability, and even then a 1/2 for 2 or 3 mana is still balanced.

Cardz5000: Its like a more balanced Arcbound Ravager: an artifacts sac outlet that can't sacrifice creatures makes it more challenging to build around for sure. I like that it undergoes it's own mitosis and therefore hard to kill, but a 1/1 for 4 that gets more dangerous left unchecked is fine by my book.

Mergatroid_Jones: Does what Liquimetal Coating does but permanently, plus some Artifact tapping shenanigans that harkens back to affinity and the original Mirrodin block. I feel like this could be uncommon if the metal counter mechanic was more present in a set.

void_nothing: This is a really nice proliferate generator, especially as it rewards you even more than proliferation already does. I'm not sure if it needs that much of a push as it's already a really powerful and popular mechanic, but Mycosynth as a fungus mechanically and etymologically makes sense, and the token sacrifice adds a layer of setback to its power.

Ink-Treader: Nice design, but nothing about this screams artifact creature either. I feel like there could have been something more flavorful.

Superbajt: Morphing is a cool mechanic and equipment creatures are always something I tried to explore a bit. I think it's too similar to Morph in name and that it should be Sorcery speed, but otherwise a 4 mana 2/2 trample that turns into an equipment seems very nice to me. Not super sold on the name.

TheRavenManIsSquee: Golem is definitely an artifact creature type so this doesn't fit the challenge, but I like the design a lot!

Again apologies for delays, the winner is Cardz5000, making the next challenge Eyes!

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 4 years ago

Eye Collector U
Creature- Human Rogue (U)
When a creature you control dies, put two eyeball counters on Eye Collector
When Eye Collector dies, look at the to X cards of your library, where X is the number of eyeball counters it had. You may reveal a card with converted mana cost X or less from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest into your graveyard.
1/1

IIW: A new class subtype.

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

@Subject16: Abilities don't have to be synergistic. Everyone loves Sad Robot, and those abilities have naught to do with one another.

Macular Degeneration 3www
Enchantment [R]
When Macular Degeneration enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 Eye creature token with flying for each non-Eye creature on the battlefield.
Non-Eye creatures can't attack or block.

IIW: Non-Eldrazi spells with in the casting cost.
Last edited by Sojourner Dusk 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

who do you think you are coming here giving us real judgements with actual constructive criticism

does this look like a winnner is judge thread to you?

The Xanathar 1UBR
Legendary Creature - Eye (R)
Flying, deathtouch
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery that targets one or more creatures, copy that spell with targets chosen at random.
You can't cast spells as long as it's not your turn.
2/5

IIW: Create a card inspired by a D&D spell
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

barbecube

Post by barbecube » 4 years ago

Corrective Lenses 1U
Artifact (U)
Spells you cast that target creatures cost 1 less to cast. (This only reduces the generic mana cost you pay.)

IIW: DFC creatures that turn into noncreatures
formerly willows

TheRavenManIsSquee
the Grinch of club flamingo

Post by TheRavenManIsSquee » 4 years ago

Eye of Sauron 1UUB
Legendary creature- Eye (M)
Defender, Reach
Each opponent plays with their hand and the top card of his or her library revealed.
1/7
IIW: Eldrazi
My MTGA username is TheOneTrueMouse. My username for this site is nothing if not factual.

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

Not Eyes again :pensive:

Evil Eye of Rath 3B
Creature - Eye (U)
Menace
Non-Eye creatures you control can't attack.
B, Sacrifice a non-Eye creature: Create two 1/1 black Eye creature tokens with menace.
3/3

IIW: Mtg from another dimension

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Orms-By-Gore Lookout 3BB
Creature - Eye (R)
Whenever a non-Eye creature you control attacks, destroy it at end of combat.
Whenever a non-Eye creature dies, you may draw a card and lose 1 life.
5/4

IIW: Uncommon red creatures
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Scopophobia 2BB
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of each end step, for each 1 life you have lost this turn, create a 1/1 black Eye creature token with flying. (Damage causes loss of life.)

IIW: Colored artifacts. (Your card must have a colored mana symbol in its mana cost.)

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

String of Eyes 1
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, fateseal 2. (To fateseal 2, look at the top two cards of an opponent's library, then put any number of them on the bottom of that player's library and the rest on top in any order.)
Equip 2

IIW: Ninja vs Samurai.

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

Ashiok's Gazer BB
Creature - Eye Shade (U)
Flying
5B: Look at the top four cards of target opponent's library, then exile one of them face down, put the rest back in the same order. Ashiok's Gazer gets +1/+1 until end of turn. This ability costs 1 less for each card exiled this turn.
2/2

iiw:
FAT keywords only TOKENS

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Mergatroid_Jones - Eye Collector: Get this Bi-ocular normalization propaganda out of here.
Sojourner Dusk - Macular Degeneration: Not knowing someone's eye color is a deal breaker for me.
NinjaCaterpie - The Xanathar: Grixis now has three "i"s
barbecube - Corrective Lenses: Magic is a non-contact game.
TheRavenManIsSquee - Eye of Sauron: Their hand and his or her library. Pronouns are hard for the Dark One.
avatarz - Evil Eye of Rath: :eyeroll:
Cythare - Orms-By-Gore Lookout: A Sith deals in absolutes.
spacemonaut - Scopophobia: (Staring causes damage.)
Sagharri - String of Eyes: Chemtrails once told me a story about visiting their dying grandmother at the hospital and how she beckoned them closer to rasp into their ear "Legendary nonpermanents are trash". I don't know the lady, but I like to think that she felt the same way about fateseal.
ForestsCarl - Ashiok's Gazer: It's funny because Ashiok doesn't have eyes.

Cythare wins, HM to avatarz and NinjaCaterpie

Next up: Uncommon Red Creatures

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Horde Caller 2R
Creature - Goblin Shaman (U)
Spell you control have "As additional cost to cast this spell, you may sacrifice a Mountain. If you do, create 1/1 red Goblin creature token with haste."
2/1

IIW: Goblins of course!

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Magma Boil
RR
Creature - Elemental
When Magma Boil dies it deals 1 damage to everything that isn't an Elemental (Everything includes creatures, players, and planeswalkers.)
2/1

IIW: A card from a new land cycle.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 4 years ago

Mudslide Rider 1R
Creature- Goblin Shaman (U)
Haste
When Mudslide Rider enters the battlefield, target land doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
"This is a good plan." -Gyballd Mudslinger
2/1

IIW: Uncommon legendary cards.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Magmatic Mentor 2r
Creature - Human Wizard (u)
Prowess.
When Magmatic Mentor enters the battlefield, you may put a red instant or sorcwry card you own from exile on top of yoir library.
3/2

IIW: A one mana global enchantment.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Red Praetor's Informant Guy 1RR
Artifact Creature - Myr (U)
When Red Praetor's Informant Guy enters the battlefield, target player reveals their hand. Red Praetor's Informant Guy deals damage to them equal to the number of artifact cards revealed this way.
3/1

IIW: Three of a kind

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 4 years ago

Sulfuric Ward-Rex 2RR
Creature — Dinosaur {U}
Players can't gain life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, each enchantment deals 1 damage to its controller.
4/3

IIW: draft chaff that would make a constructed deck. hard mode: can't be mythic or rare
MEG

mellifluoresce
the winner is tibalt

Post by mellifluoresce » 4 years ago

Smorgasborgg 3RR
Creature - Orgg (U)
Devour 1
Trample
At the beginning of combat on your turn, any player may sacrifice a permanent. If a player does, tap Smorgasborgg and double the number of +1+1 counters on it.
Smorgasborgg can't attack unless it has the greatest power among creatures.
7/7

IIW: Rare red creatures
Club Flamingo Alumnus

Disappointing Signet + co-founder

talk to me about the Black Market format! Now ready for your Hogaaks
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mirrorentity wrote: Judging.
Ogre of the Gray Ogre: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogre of the Pit: No IIW. Disqualified.
Toll Troll: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
My Hair Caught Fire!: Not an Ogre. Disqualified.
Ogre Under: No IIW. Disqualified.
Ogrenacle at Pendrell Vale: Overcosted.
Ogreforge Mystic: Judge. Disqualified.

Winner: Gerrard's Mom becomes a Tier I spammer!

Next spamellenge: Make the Ogre philosopher Gnerdel.

Next spamellenge:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

Flamestoker Adept 1RR
Creature - Wizard (U)
T: Flamestoker Adept deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
Legacy 3RR (3RR, Exile Flamestoker Adept from your graveyard: Target creature you control gains this cards abilities. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)
From fighting wars to lighting streetlights, the ancient Flamestoker order was integral to the Empire's success.
1/1

IIW: Sagas

wonderful

Post by wonderful » 4 years ago

Goblin Martyrer RR
Creature - Goblin Shaman (U)
If damage would be dealt to Goblin Martyrer, instead you may have that damage be dealt to another Goblin creature you control. If you do, Goblin Martyrer deals that much damage to target player or planeswalker.
He is willing to let others die for what he stands for.
2/2

iiw: goblins

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”