NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Cardz5000
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

NinjaCaterpie » Loru, Dimir Messenger - Turn based hexproof is interesting as is the psudo cipher granting. I'm sure there are a hundred and a half ways to break this in commander, but what else doesn't already do that. Nice bit that you can just cast a cipher spell encoded on this twice on hit.

Ink-Treader » Sabotage Progress - Personal preference: I'm not a fan of removing poison counters.
It's a hate card that does its job well, probably not as well as Hex Parasite, but that's a pretty high standard.

Flatline » Spreading Sickness - I don't think that ciphered Innocent Blood warrants a bump.

Sagharri » Whispering Messenger - This is a really cool, albeit parasitic design.

barbecube » Dream of Falling - I think this would be an appropriate mana cost for the card without cipher, I would probably bump this up by at least .

mellifluoresce » Cythare, Allure's Wren - :mob:

KoolKoal » Pyromancer's Trick - Not a fan of the name, but the card is a really cool use of cipher and a cool effect to boot.

Sojourner Dusk » Cypher Proficiency - This feels more like a donate target than anything else.

TheRavenManIsSquee » Wicked Insight - Last Thoughts? (Granted I think this would be fine at the same CMC as Last Thoughts)

Superbajt » Blow the Cover - I would opt for "Put any number of target sorcery cards encoded on creatures into their owners' graveyards. For each card put into a graveyard this way, you may copy it, and you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. Exile Blow the Cover." the forced cast if able seemed odd. Feels reminiscent of Mizzix's Mastery but much more limited, and definitely different enough to be its own thing.

avatarz » Time Shred - If an opponent resolves this, you have most likely lost. Any lifelinker or Pristine Talisman type card means you won't kill yourself with it. But things that cost 7 mana are typically supposed to do those kinds of things.

Cythare » Scattering Sweep - Granting a boon to the creature is space I've played around with for cipher before and I was really disappointed WOTC didn't explore (I went for "If CARDNAME is encoded on a creature, that creature has _____") The card is reminiscent of Shenanigans to me, but that might just because it is fresh in my mind as an off color guild mechanic card that destroys artifacts.

ForestsCarl » Conclave Specter - I REALLY love the the story the mechanics of this card tell, but the mana cost and name are trying to tell a different, and in my opinion, less compelling, story. I would have probably reigned it in and streamlined it to:
Unhallowed Specter
3BB
Creature - Specter
Flying
Whenever Unhallowed Specter deals combat damage to a player choose one —
• That player reveals their hand. You choose a creature card from it and exile it.
• Create a token that's a copy of a creature card exiled with Unhallowed Specter.
3/3

Subject16 » Rite of Bone - I really like that this solves the issue of having a spell encoded on a sup par creature from earlier in the game.

spacemonaut » Overt Rescue - Instants with cipher need to have a really good reason to be instants (did doesn't from what I can tell.) Additionally this is just a much stronger Midnight Recovery 9 times out of 10.

I'm going to give this one to Subject16, HMs to KoolKoal, Sagharri, and ForestsCarl for some really inspiring designs.

Next Challenge: Artifact creatures with types not normally given to them.

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Brass Sprite
Artifact Creature - Faerie Construct (u)
Flying
Brass Sprite cannot be blocked by creatures with reach.
Brass Sprites were first created for fun, but they proved themselves very useful for removing spiderwebs from the highest corners of the workshop.
1/1

IIW a 7/7 for three mana

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

Cardz5000 wrote:
4 years ago
Sojourner Dusk » Cypher Proficiency - This feels more like a donate target than anything else.
Ah. I thought you had wanted something based around the definition of 'cypher', which is the British spelling of the word 'cipher', which means "zero" according to Merriam-Webster. The card was designed to work with cipher, flashback, suspend, rebound, etc.

Phyrexian Cultivator
Artifact Creature — Druid (U)
Whenever another creature dies, add one mana of any color.
, Sacrifice a creature: Draw a card.
2/2

IIW: Non-Eldrazi spells with in the casting cost.
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Sojourner Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Cardz5000 wrote:
4 years ago
Ah. I thought you had wanted something based around the definition of 'cypher', which is the British spelling of the word 'cipher', which means "zero" according to Merriam-Webster.
But... Cardz5000's iiw said "cipher", not "cypher"...
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Juancu wrote:
4 years ago

HMS: Mergatroid_Jones, mellifluoresce
Winner: Cardz5000
Next: Cypher
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Then I blame Juancu. It is entirely their fault I didn't win. Cardz's personal preference and judgment is irrelevant. I was misled by the prior judge.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)

Cardz5000

Sojourner Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Juancu wrote:
4 years ago

HMS: Mergatroid_Jones, mellifluoresce
Winner: Cardz5000
Next: Cypher
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Then I blame Juancu. It is entirely their fault I didn't win. Cardz's personal preference and judgment is irrelevant. I was misled by the prior judge.
I think that means that Juancu gets an additional Flamingotm Point.

I'm going to be honest: I saw the misspelling and assumed I was the one who had screwed it up in the first place. Never went back and actually checked until now.

Post by avatarz » 4 years ago

IIW: MtG from another dimension
Last edited by avatarz 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 4 years ago

I was using a different encoding

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 4 years ago

Ah yes, my favourite cipher - ROT16 but only on the letter i.

Platinum Fiend 7
Artifact Creature - Demon (R)
Flying
Sacrifice an artifact: Target player can't lose the game and their opponents can't win the game until the beginning of their next end step. Any player may activate this ability. (If you should lose after that, you still do.)
Seven tons of platinum and just as many of malice.
6/6

IIW: Darksteel
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 4 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Warden Automaton 2GW
Artifact Creature — Brushwagg Construct (U)
Whenever Warden Automaton blocks or becomes blocked, you get E (an energy counter).
Pay EE: Target creature gets -2/+2 until end of turn.
"We embedded discoveries from a unique fossil into a unit capable of accompanying Consulate patrols."
3/3

IIW: Colored artifacts
Last edited by spacemonaut 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Cardz5000 wrote:
4 years ago
I think that means that Juancu gets an additional Flamingotm Point.
Did Flamingo Points migrate, or did they reset with Nexus? If the latter, it would be rather unseemly for Juancu to have more FP than Megiddo Praise His Name .

UBR Nekusar (EDH)

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

No, they migrated, like a glorious flock
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Scrap-Pack Raptor 4
Artifact Creature - Dinosaur (R)
Whenever Scrap-Pack Raptor attacks, it gets +1/+1 for each other attacking Scrap-Pack Raptor until end of turn.
4, Sacrifice an artifact: Create a token that's copy of Scrap-Pack Raptor.
2/2

IIW: Kamigawa

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 4 years ago

Burrenton Soul-Tender 2
Artifact Creature - Kithkin Cleric (R)
Whenever a nonartifact Kithkin enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Burrenton Soul-Tender.
q: Return target nonartifact Kithkin creature card with converted mana cost less Burrenton Soul-Tender's power from your graveyard to the battlefield. Remove all counters from Burrenton Soul-Tender.
1/1

IIW: Overload
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

ForestsCarl

Post by ForestsCarl » 4 years ago

Filigree Grass 1(2/G)
Artifact Creature - Plant (U)
When Filigree Grass enters the battlefield, search your library for a basic land card and add it to your hand. Shuffle your library.
At the beginning of each end step, put a +1/+1 counter on Filigree Grass if you cast a green spell this turn.
Metallic grass, cut them often lest they grow rampant to dull your blade
0/1

iiw:
Cards that can reccur ALL (as in all) cards of a chosen type from your graveyard

Cardz5000

Mycosynth Sludge
Artifact Creature - Ooze
Modular 1 (This enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it. When it dies, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.)
Sacrifice a noncreature artifact: Put a +1/+1 counter on Mycosynth Sludge.
: Create two tokens that are a copy of Mycosynth Sludge. Sacrifice Mycosynth Sludge.
0/0

IIW: Eyes

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 4 years ago

Liquimetal Elemental 3
Artifact Creature- Elemental (R)
When Liquimetal Elemental enters or leaves the battlefield, put a metal counter on target nonartifact permanent. That permanent is an artifact in addition to other types as long as it has a metal counter on it.
T: Tap or untap another target artifact.
1/3

IIW: Utility artifacts.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Purest Mycosynth 3
Artifact Creature - Fungus (R)
When Purest Mycosynth enters the battlefield, put a charge counter on each of any number of target artifacts.
Whenever you proliferate, if you place two or more counters, you gain 4 life. If you place four or more counters, up to one target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of counters you placed. If you place six or more counters, draw two cards.
3, Sacrifice Purest Mycosynth or a token: Proliferate.
1/4

IIW: Nonartifact creatures with types that usually only artifact creatures get

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Eleven entries in the first 22 hours, and none in the following 22. Someone go poke Subject16 and tell them to grab a powdered wig and black robes. Or a black wig and powdered robes, whichever they prefer.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 4 years ago

Sojourner Dusk wrote:
4 years ago
Eleven entries in the first 22 hours, and none in the following 22. Someone go poke Subject16 and tell them to grab a powdered wig and black robes. Or a black wig and powdered robes, whichever they prefer.
Consider myself poked. I'll have judgments in by tomorrow morning.

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 4 years ago

Allechian Punisher 4
Artifact Creature - Devil (U)
Menace
When Allechian Punisher attacks, you may pay {2/r}. If you do, Allechian Punisher deals 2 damage to that player.
"You've been a wicked child, haven't you?"
3/1

Superbajt

Post by Superbajt » 4 years ago

Elephzord 4
Artifact Creature - Equipment Elephant(U)
Trample
Equipped creature gets +2/+2 and has trample.
Morphing 4 (4: attach Elephzord to target creature you control. Elephzord is not a creature as long as it is attached to a creature.)
2/2

(Imagine hound-sized Power Rangers zord transforming into a hammer)

IIW: top-down IT device/concept

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Superbajt wrote:
4 years ago
Elephzord 4
Artifact Creature - Equipment Elephant(U)
2/2
So it's a Segovian Elephant then. :P

TheRavenManIsSquee
the Grinch of club flamingo

Post by TheRavenManIsSquee » 4 years ago

Memnarch the Magnificent 6
Legendary artifact creature- golem magician (M)
Flash
When Memnarch the Magnificent enters the battlefield, exile any number of creatures you control, then return them to the battlefield under your control.
3/4
"And for my next trick...

I couldn't resist.
IIW: Eldrazi as chipmunks
My MTGA username is TheOneTrueMouse. My username for this site is nothing if not factual.

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor

Subject16 is just lucky we don't have :mob:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”