Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
The number 42

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
JovialJovian 76 (+2)
netn10 68 (+3)
dyd 61 (+4)
bravelion83 59 (+3)
Venedrex 52
void_nothing 49 (+0)
ahyangyi 23
haywire 16
dangerousdice 8
FoilSquared 5
wizyard 3
Riria 3
duducrash 2
MonoRedMage 1
Legend 1
kwanyeegor-ii 1
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Quandrix student meets Simic bioengineer
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, bravelion83

Revised Blueprints 2gu
Artifact (R)
Creatures you control are also Fractal Mutants and have graft 1.
"When Miss Vannifar showed me Mr. Vig's notes, I noticed that cytoplast anomalies could easily be compensated with an heptahedric convolution of the magenomic biofeedback. Quite trivial, actually. "
— Zimone Wola

// MDFC //
Learn from Past Mistakes
Sorcery (R)
Learn X times, where X is the number of different names among instant and sorcery cards your graveyard.
"I see so much potential in that girl"
— Vannifar

IIW: turquoise
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dýd, netn10

Evolution Scholar 2GU
Creature — Elf Shaman (R)
When Evolution Scholar enters the battlefield, create a 0/0 green and blue Fractal creature token and put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Fractal creatures you control have evolve. (Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, for each Fractal you control, if that creature has greater power or toughness than that Fractal, put a +1/+1 counter on that Fractal.)
2/3

IIW: rainbow
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, dyd

Numeodog XGGUU
Creature - Fractal Cat Dog (Mythic)
Graft - Double X
Whenever you cast a spell with even converted mana cost, double the number of counters on Numeodog. Otherwise, double the number of counters on each other creature you control.
0/0

IIW: Vehicle in Strixhaven.
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: bravelion83, dyd
HM: netn10, I get what you're going for, but I feel like skipping the end step breaks too many things.

Eager Test Subject GU
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
When Eager Test Subject becomes the target of a spell or ability, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
U: Change a target of target spell or ability to Eager Test Subject.
2GU, T: Eager Test Subject gains hexproof until end of turn.
"Goggles on, ready to begin the experiment!"
2/2

IIW: Peanuts
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Kianne and Trifon 4GU
Legendary Creature - Elf Troll Wizard (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, exile the top five cards of your library.
Whenever you exile a land card from your library, you may put that card onto the battlefield tapped.
Whenever a creature you control attacks or blocks, you may have it become a copy of an exiled creature card you own with equal or lesser power until end of turn.
Kasmina was pleased - the Arcavian and the Ravnican were doing splendid work.
5/5

IIW: Nonred Orcs
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
dyd netn10
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, bravelion83

Life, Universe and Everything wubrg
Enchantment (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose three at random –
- Create a Food token.
- Create a Treasure token.
- Draw a card, then discard a card.
- Exile the top card of each player's library.
- Return up to one target permanent to its owner's hand.
When the total number of permanents you control, cards in your graveyard and cards you own in exile is exactly 42, you win the game.

IIW: hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds
Last edited by dyd 3 years ago, edited 3 times in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, dyd

Thriving Future U
Sorcery (R)
Draw a card. If you have forty-two or more cards in your library, draw three cards instead.
"Our ancestors recalled and witnessed the past, but instead we look at the future, to make it as bright as it can be."

IIW: rainbow
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: void_nothing, bravelion83
Wow, those were all great, really hard choice!

Soul Flare 6RW
Sorcery (R)
If you have exactly 42 life, Soul Flare deals 10 damage to any target and you gain 10 life. Otherwise, your life total becomes 42 and Soul Flare deals damage to each creature and each planeswalker equal to the amount of life you gained or lost this way.

IIW: Peanuts
Last edited by JovialJovian 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: void_nothing, dyd (HM: Everyone)

The Answer 10
Creature - Eldrazi (Mythic)
When you cast The Answer, each opponent draw cards equal to the number of cards in their library, then put a card from their hand on top of their library.
42/42

IIW: Twist on the Eldrazi.

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

dyd bravelion83
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Charyu-Teben, From Whence All Life 4WWW
Legendary Creature - Avatar Wall (M)
Defender, flying
Charyu-Teben enters the battlefield tapped.
As long as Charyu-Teben is untapped, whenever another permanent is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, its controller returns that permanent to the battlefield. Put a number of -1/-1 counters on Charyu-Teben equal to that permanent's mana value plus 1.
6/42

IIW: Light sources
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”