Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Today's Challenge:
Abilities from graveyard

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
netn10 38 (+2)
Riria 32
void_nothing 28 (+2)
JovialJovian 28 (+2)
dyd 26 (+3)
bravelion83 24 (+2)
haywire 19 (+3)
TheAmericanSpirit 11
MonoRedMage 4
Legend 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Common gold Vehicle
dyd wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

One Horse Open Sleigh gw
Snow Artifact - Vehicle
Vigilance, trample
Crew 1
3/3

IIW: birthday
bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: haywire, void_nothing

Hand-Driven Plane 2WU
Artifact — Vehicle (C)
Flying
Human crew 1 (Tap any number of untapped Human creatures you control with total power 1 or greater: This Vehicle becomes an artifact creature until end of turn.)
Crew 3

IIW: three-colored Command
JovialJovian wrote:
3 years ago
votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Rakdos Bonecycle 1BR
Artifact - Vehicle (C)
Haste
Whenever a creature dealt combat damage by Rakdos Bonecycle this turn dies, put a +1/+1 counter on Rakdos Bonecycle.
Crew 3
The screams of freshly impaled passersby just add to the excitement when the cyclists hit the streets.
4/2

IIW: Mythic land
netn10 wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, bravelion83

Arrester's Caravan WU
Artifact - Vehicle (Common)
Whenever Arrester's Caravan attacks, detain target nonland permanent. (Until your next turn, that permanent can't attack or block and its activated abilities can't be activated.)
Crew 1
3/3

IIW: White flash matter card.
Riria wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, haywire

Bio-Chromatic Carriage 1UG
Artifact - Vehicle (R)
Trample
Whenever a creature crews Bio-Chromatic Carriage, it gets base power and toughness 0/1 and loses all abilities until your next turn.
Crew 2
6/6

IIW: An opponent chooses
void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Votes: dyd, netn10

Silent Barge WB
Artifact - Vehicle (C)
When Silent Barge enters the battlefield, put a +1/+1 counter on another target creature or Vehicle and you lose 1 life.
Whenever Silent Barge deals combat damage to a player, you may sacrifice it. When you do, destroy target creature with power 4 or greater.
Crew 1
2/3

IIW: True love
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
3 years ago
haywire jovialjovian
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by dyd » 3 years ago

Votes: JovialJovian, netn10

Foreknow 1u
Sorcery
Look at target player's hand and the top card of their library.
Hindsight 1uubb (You may cast both halves of this card together from your graveyard for their hindsight cost. Then exile it.)
//
Forego 4b
Sorcery
Choose a card name other than a land card name. Search target opponent's graveyard, hand, and library for up to four cards with that name and exile them. That player shuffles their library, then creates a Treasure token for each card exiled from their hand this way.
Hindsight 1uubb (You may cast both halves of this card together from your graveyard for their hindsight cost. Then exile it.)

IIW: broken stuff
Last edited by dyd 3 years ago, edited 4 times in total.

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Tormentor of the Sands 2BB
Creature — Horror (U)
Menace
Embalm 4BB (4BB, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Horror with no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery.)
3/3

IIW: party (ZNR)
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

Riria

Post by Riria » 3 years ago

Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Fact of the Matter 1BB
Sorcery (R)
Destroy target creature.
B, Exile Fact of the Matter from your graveyard: The next time a creature would enter the battlefield from a graveyard this turn, exile it instead.
"Last breath is not a metaphor. It's a factual statement."

IIW: Rules

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, JovialJovian

Abzan Ever-Father WBG
Creature - Elephant Spirit (Rare)
Indestructible
Sacrifice a Plains, a Swamp and a Forest: Return Abzan Ever-Father from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
3/3

IIW: Uncommon build around me vehicle.

haywire

Post by haywire » 3 years ago

votes: jovialjovian, voidnothing

Grave Mulch
Enchantment - Aura {R}
Enchant land
Whenever enchanted land is tapped for mana, you may exile a land or enchantment card from your graveyard. If you do, put a soil counter on Grave Mulch, then add X mana of any one color, where X is the number of soil counters on Grave Mulch. If no card is exiled this way, sacrifice enchanted land, mill 3 cards and you lose 3 life.
Whenever Grave Mulch is exiled from your graveyard, double the number of each type of counter on target permanent or player. Then, if a permanent named Grave Mulch was targeted this way, you gain life equal to the number of counters on it.

IIW: facedown permanents

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 3 years ago

votes: dyd, netn10

Shaal, Life's Flame 2RW
Legendary Creature - Phoenix (T)
Flying
4RW: Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand, then put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature gains haste until end of turn, sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step. Activate this ability only if Shaal is in your graveyard.
4/3

IIW: negative power and/or toughness

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Votes: dyd, JovialJovian

Breaker of Vithians 4UR
Creature - Zombie Wizard (M)
Prowess
T: You gain control of target nonland permanent for as long as you control Breaker of Vithians.
Unearth 1UR
3/2

IIW: Armies
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 3 years ago

jovialjovian netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”