NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Lorn Asbord Schutta
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

Brainbleed
Sorcery (R)
Target player sacrifices half of the nonland permanents they control, rounded up. That player loses life equal to twice the number of permanents sacrificed this way. Then that player mills X, where X is three times the amount of life they lost this way.
The suffering of others is just a prelude to yours.

IIW: That mine at the edge of the town.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 3 years ago

Live 2WW
Art depicts a scene on Amonkhet, showing the zombies working in the city, reminiscent of Anointed Procession and Those Who Serve, except drawn out, to show a full street.
Sorcery
For each token you control, create a token that's a copy of that token.
//
Die 4BB
Art depicts the same street scene as before, but this time, half of the zombies in the street are on the ground, while the rest blindly go about their duties around the fallen.
Sorcery
Aftermath
Each player loses half their life, then discards half the cards in their hand, then sacrifices half the creatures they control. Round up each time.

note: aftermath split cards are read as ___ to ___

Next: High p/t, low CMC
Last edited by chetoos 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Potent Ritual {B/R}
Enchantment (R)
Instant and sorcery spells cost 1 less to cast and have "This spell deals 1 damage to you."
1{B/R}, Sacrifice Potent Ritual: If target spell would cause its controller to add mana, that player adds three times that much mana instead. Potent Ritual deals damage to that player equal to the amount of mana added in this way.

IIW: A light to pierce the darkness.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Judge?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

Phenax's Assailant 1UB
Creature — Lamia Warlock (U)
Phenax's Assailant can't be blocked.
Whenever Phenax's Assailant deals combat damage to a player, that player mills three times that many cards.
2/2

IIW: Overload on permanents

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

If meg isn't here in... say... 12 hours I'll drop and judge
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TacticalCelebrant
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 3 years ago

Demon of Decay 2BB
Creature - demon (M)
Flying, trample
Demon of Decay enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, double the number of -1/-1 counters on Demon of Decay.
2B, Pay 2 life: remove a -1/-1 counter from Demon of Decay.
8/8

IIW: This is who you call when you need a _____

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The void is Judge Game ☆ Mod Powers Mean Nothing

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Lorn Asbord Schutta - This might be a "kill multiple people at the table including you" too much of the time but I love this super-Pox variant and how you incorporate a half, a double, AND a triple. Great stuff, super black and super mean.

chetoos - Live is fun but Die is just Fraying Omnipotence - like that card exists, you just made it an aftermath for 1 more. The halves do play interesting together, but at the same time, any tokens you'd have in large numbers would be relatively low-value anyway.

spacemonaut - Is this too much mill? I know mill needs all the help it can get these days but base six cards milled is a heck of a lot. Nemesis of Reason is comparable, I know, but there's a big difference between three and five mana.

TacticalCelebrant - This seems like an interesting minigame at first glance but I'm pretty sure the best play with this card is just treating it like it has an echo cost. And with that in mind, I think it might be too much for Limited especially.

Winner: @Lorn Asbord Schutta
Next: That mine at the edge of the town.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Pssst... It is not a Pox variant. I thought of it actually, but in the end it became targeted. I do not know if this somehow changes the judgement, but better be safe.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Nah, that actually makes it more acceptable to me. If it only hits one player then it's less of an issue in EDH, which seems like the primary format for it.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
spacemonaut - Is this too much mill? I know mill needs all the help it can get these days but and base six cards milled is a heck of a lot.
little edit and i think now the question answers itself from my point of view, lol

chetoos

Mishra's Mine
Land - Mishra's Mine
T: Add
, : Target artifact creature you control gets +2/+1 and gains trample until end of turn. Activate this ability only if you control a Mishra's Power Plant
, : Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand. Activate this ability only if you control a Mishra's Tower

IIW: High p/t, low CMC

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 3 years ago

oh no
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

the main difference between 2013 and 2020 is that i didn't get twenty notifications that i was late to judging.
MEG

Incredium

Post by Incredium » 3 years ago

Deepmine Haunt 2rb
Creature - Spirit Berserker

Haste, Deathtouch

Deepmine Haunt attacks each combat if able.

Whenever Deepmine Haunt attacks, create a Gold token. Then, if you control 3 or more gold tokens, Deepmine Haunt gets doublestrike until end of turn.

Greed had killed his humanity long before the mines killed his body. Yet it was greed that kept him here, forever doomed to scrounge the dirt for a fortune he could no longer use.

3/3

IIW: O C T O P U S

TacticalCelebrant

Post by TacticalCelebrant » 3 years ago

Monster of the Mine 2bb
Creature - Horror Illusion (R)
Menace
When Monster of the Mine attacks, create a Treasure token.
When three or more creatures attack you, transform Monster of the Mines.
5/5
//
Old Man Jenkins
Creature - Human
Old Man Jenkins can't attack.
When this creature transforms into Old Man Jenkins, sacrifice all Treasure tokens you control.
And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.
0/1

IIW: This is who you call when you need a ______

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Megiddo wrote:
3 years ago
oh no
in hindsight we should probably make a point of pinging the judge when we ask for the judge. i've done ... not-that before

Megiddo
MEG

Firemine Excavation 3R
Enchantment {R}
Skip your draw step.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a dig counter on Firemine Excavation, then exile the top X cards from the top of your library, where X is the number of dig counters on Firemine Excavation. You may play those cards this turn.

Firemine Excavation 3R
Enchantment {R}
Skip your draw step.
0: Exile the top card if your library. You may play that card this turn. If this is the third time this ability has resolved this turn, sacrifice Firemine Excavation and it deals 10 damage to you and to each creature and planeswalker you control. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.

IIW: A card that would be annoying to play in paper or digital, but not both.
MEG

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 3 years ago

Fool's Expedition 2BB
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant land
Enchanted land has "B, Sacrifice a creature: Scry 1. Put a depletion counter on this card."
Remove all depletion counters from enchanted land: Until end of turn, enchanted land becomes an X/X black Zombie Horror land creature with menace and trample, where X is the number of depletion counters removed this way.
The gold had run dry years ago, but the bodies kept piling up. All the mine could provide was the unending agony of those who died trapped within it.

IIW: An artifact made of lodestone

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Salt Excavation
Land - Mine (U)
Salt Excavation enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add W.
Tap two other untapped Mines you control: Add CCC.

Sand Canal
Land - Mine (U)
Sand Canal enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add U.

Coal Delving
Land - Mine (U)
Coal Delving enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add B.

Iron Hollow
Land - Mine (U)
Iron Hollow enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add R.

Copper Pit
Land - Mine (U)
Copper Pit enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add G.

IIW: Trap tribal

MonoRedMage
Pronoun: they / them

Post by MonoRedMage » 3 years ago

Karplusan Miner 1RR
Snow Creature - Orc {U}
Whenever you tap a snow land for mana, you may sacrifice it. If you do, add mana equal to the type and amount of mana produced.
T: Target Mountain you control becomes snow. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
2/2

IIW: Decent reading material

Megiddo
MEG

is it time to @Lorn Asbord Schutta?
MEG

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Judging has begun.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

This is a very Germanic Italian lunch

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”