The DCC - May 7th, 2024

Rithaniel
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rithaniel » 3 days ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name tothe render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

I am feeling the desire to cook coming on.

DCC Scoreboard

netn10 15 (+1)
Sagharri 15 (+2)
Rithaniel 12 (+2)
bravelion83 10 (+2)
archemediesx 8 (+2)
folding_music 6 (+5)
JovialJovian 4
void_nothing 1
Sagharri wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: Rithaniel, folding_music

Magus of the Dust 4CC
Creature - Human Wizard (R)
T, Sacrifice Magus of the Dust: Each player sacrifices all permanents they control that are one or more colors.
"Everything will end now. What do you feel? Fulfillment or regret?"
2/4
folding_music wrote:
4 days ago
votes: Sagharri, Rithaniel

Sorceror's Conference rrr
Sorcery
Roll a d20 and subtract the number of tapped lands you control. If the result is 0 or less, add rrr.
1-9: The next sorcery you cast this turn gains rebound.
10-19: Sorceries you cast this turn gain rebound.
20: Sorceries you cast this turn gain rebound. Add for each untapped mountain you control.
Rebound
bravelion83 wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: folding_music, archemediesx

Valdhar is another planeswalker from my big table. He's a half-dragon from a plane called Rodiragg, inspired by Norse and Nordic European environments and stories but explicitly NOT Norse mythology (that's Kaldheim, and that was also the Viking custom set that I and Ryder were working on privately and that was killed by the announcement of Kaldheim, a real Viking set). Valdhar's special planeswalker power is breathing and spitting fire, something that he's able to do thanks to his dragon half. He will be one of the protagonists of the story associated with the custom set taking place there, together with his human planebound best friend Brunn, who you have already unknowingly met months ago in another DCC submission of mine. This card is from BEFORE Valdhar's ignition, when he was just exploiting his natural powers as a simple ordinary pyromancer. His color identity is monored, and just like other monored characters, he has big problems with authority and people who want to tell him what to do. He wants to burn, and to have the freedom to burn whoever and whatever he wants, at any time he wants.

Spread the Fire 1R
Instant (U)
If RR was spent to cast this spell, it can't be countered.
Spread the Fire deals 3 damage to any target.
"I don't need any explanations! I already know what I'm doing! Just let me do it!"
—Valdhar, pyromancer
archemediesx wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: netn10, bravelion83

Celebratrix 2
Artifact Creature – Golem (U)
Barhome (This creature can't attack unless defending player controls a Bar. When you control no Bars, sacrifice this creature.)
They say the celebratix was created by a mad scientist and that it feeds off the energy of parties.

4/1
netn10 wrote:
4 days ago
Votes: bravelion83, archemedesx

Blade of Cherry Blossoms 3
Artifact - Equipment (Mythic)
In spring's gentle breeze - WU: Equipped creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Tap target permanent.
They bloom brightly - 1RG: Until end of turn, whenever Equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, discard that many cards, draw that many cards, then eturn that many land cards from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Falling petals dance - Equip B. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn.
Rithaniel wrote:
3 days ago
Votes: folding_music, Sagharri

Observance of Clear Skies
Enchantment C
Sacrifice Observance of Clear Skies: Remove target attacking creature from combat. Put a stun counter on it.
Reprise (You may cast this from your graveyard by exiling three enchantment, instant, and/or sorcery cards from your graveyard in addition to paying its other costs.)
"The Qyalanaan can postpone us all they wish, but the world belongs to the Hylrene."
—Kydrath of the Hylrene
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 days ago

votes: bravelion83, Sagharri

Reservation u
Enchantment
Reservation enters the battlefield with three +1/+1 counters on it. When it does, scry 2.
Whenever any number of +1/+1 counters would be put on another permanent, instead move that many +1/+1 counters from Reservation to that permanent. (If there aren't enough +1/+1 counters on Reservation, tough luck.)
"These artificial fences are a betrayal to the Bulvoxes, who live to eat and expand. Let's find out what happens when they fall!" - Vivien

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 3 days ago

Votes: Sagharri, folding_music

Jump the Gun U
Instant (Common)
Until end of turn, target equipment becomes a 4/4 artifact creature and gains flying.
"Honestly, I don't know what you expected from a spell like this."
- Linzi, the Joker

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 3 days ago

Votes: Rithaniel, Sagharri

Ghostify {W/U}
Instant (U)
Cleave 3B (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
Exile target creature. [Return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.]
"I thought my phasing powers were unique in the Multiverse. Apparently I was wrong."
—Kaya

Inspired by Sagharri's submission up for voting in the DCC on May 2nd 2024:
Sagharri's submission
Show
Hide
Rapid Reduction 2U
Instant (R)
Cleave 3B (You may cast this spell for its cleave cost. If you do, remove the words in square brackets.)
This spell costs 2 less to cast if it targets a creature with three or more creature types.
Exile target creature. [Its controller creates a 1/1 blue Frog token.]
"It's so easy to take one step too far." - Clark, polymorphist
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on May 2nd 2024, including Jun 2024 in advance)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 3 days ago

Votes: bravelion83, netn10

Glittercave Trilobite 2U
Creature - Trilobite (C)
When Glittercave Trilobite leaves the battlefield, create a Fossil token. (It's an artifact with "1, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Surveil 2.")
Unearth 3B
Xavis was amazed at the wonders of the Glittercave. Trilobites were also happy with their new meal.
2/2

archemediesx
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by archemediesx » 3 days ago

Votes: Sagharri , bravelion83

Unilateral Armistice 1W
Instant (U)
Will of the council — Choose target attacking creature. Starting with you, each player votes for peace or war. If war gets more votes, exile that creature. If peace gets more votes or the vote is tied, prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn and you draw a card.
Raindrops keep falling on my head, but that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red.
"Easy Dude. You're being very Un-Dude."

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 2 days ago

Votes: Sagharri, netn10

Rharmarr Magistrate
Creature - Insect R
Burrow (When this enters the battlefield, you may turn a land you control face down as a Den with ": Add ." If this would be destroy, you may instead remove all damage from it and turn a Den you control face-up.)
Whenever a creature you control dies, you may turn a land you control face down as a Den with ": Add ."
, Turn a face-down land you control face up: Each opponent loses 1 life.
3/3
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”