11%
slimytrout
89%

Total votes: 9

Lorn Asbord Schutta
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

The March CCL is nearing its end. The final challange was:

Design five Nephilim creature cards, each having different four-colored mana cost and four color identity.

There a two contestants below, each with each submission. The poll will run for five days. Choose the submission you find the best in both overall quality and fullfillment of the challange.

As always, you can vote - and you are encouraged to - even if you did not participate in this month or any CCL. In the same vein, any written reviews are greately appreciated.

bravelion83 wrote:
3 years ago
Nephilim of the Clouds WUBR
Legendary Creature — Nephilim (R)
Flying
When Nephilim of the Clouds enters the battlefield, look at the top four cards of your library. You may put one of them into your hand and exile another one. Put the rest into your graveyard. You may cast the exiled card for as long as it remains exiled. (You still pay its costs.)
When it awoke, the sky trembled with unknown possibilities.
3/3

Nephilim of the Dark Roots UBRG
Flash
When Nephilim of the Dark Roots enters the battlefield, if it's your turn, search your library for two land cards, reveal them, put one onto the battlefield tapped and the other into your graveyard, then shuffle.
When it awoke, the earth shook.
3/3

Nephilim of the Blood Light BRGW
Haste
When Nephilim of the Blood Light enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to up to one target creature, 2 damage to up to one target planeswalker, and 2 damage to up to one target player. You gain 2 life.
When it awoke, blood and light fused in a single entity.
2/2

Nephilim of Rage RGWU
Trample
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on Nephilim of Rage.
Whenever you draw a card except for the first one you draw in each of your draw steps, put a +1/+1 counter on Nephilim of Rage.
Whenever a source you control deals noncombat damage to an opponent, put a +1/+1 counter on Nephilim of Rage.
When it awoke, an echo roared throughout the city.
2/2

Nephilim of Nature GWUB
When Nephilim of Nature enters the battlefield, choose two—
• Create a green 2/2 Elf creature token with trample.
• Create a white 2/2 Human creature token with vigilance.
• Create a blue 2/2 Merfolk creature token with "This creature can't be blocked."
• Create a tapped black 2/2 Zombie creature token.
When it awoke, all the citizens, alive or dead, did too.
1/1
###
slimytrout wrote:
3 years ago
Irx, Darkmind Nephilim WUBR
Legendary Creature - Nephilim (R)
5: Target player discards their hand, then draws that many cards minus one.
Its twisted thoughts conjure an edifice of madness.
4/4

Ast, Traitortongue Nephilim UBRG
Haste
Whenever Ast, Traitortongue Nephilim attacks, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it onto the battlefield under target opponent's control. Otherwise, you may cast it without paying its mana cost.
Its bewildering speech conjures total disorder.
4/4

Olv, Purehate Nephilim BRGW
When Olv, Purehate Nephilim enters the battlefield, destroy target creature, target artifact, target enchantment, and target land.
Its malevolent gaze conjures the end of all things.
4/4

Qux, Ragecaller Nephilim RGWU
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a token that's a copy of another random nontoken creature you control. It gains haste.
Its barbaric cries conjure violent upheaval.
4/4

Ewn, Allswallow Nephilim GWUB
Sacrifice a permanent: Choose one —
• Put a +1/+1 counter on Ewn.
• Exile target card from a graveyard.
• Tap target permanent.
• Each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
Its glistening teeth conjure descent into the abyss.
4/4

bravelion83
OTJ MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 3 years ago

As always, I assume there is no problem with one voting for oneself. I just did.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | The June MCC is ongoing. Theme is OTJ. Most recent thread: Round 2. Design deadline on the 15th.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 25th 2024 - Added TLL #5).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on June 4th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (31): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024 || Judge (59): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar Jun 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (4): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022, Apr 2024 || Host (16): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar Jun 2024

void_nothing
Undersea Emperor
Answers: 127

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

Congrats @slimytrout!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”