Sidisi, Brood Tyrant - Zombie Horde and Shenanigans

KitsuLeif
Pronoun: he / him

Post by KitsuLeif » 2 years ago

Yeah, I found it, thank you for pointing that out^^

Why isn't Syr Konrad the Grim in the list? He looks like he'd still be a powerhouse, especially since Mesmeric Orb + Aphetto Alchemist are still in the deck and even with only Konrad out, milling an Eldrazi Titan would deal a huge amount of damage, because of all those creature cards leaving the graveyard.
I will put him in my list and see how he performs in it.
Also, why Urborg Elf and not Sylvan Caryatid?

With the cutting of Genesis, what are the three cards that you would choose with Intuition? Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, Filth and Life from the Loam?

Tags:

KitsuLeif

Finally played my first game with Sidisi again after almost 4 years and what a fun game that was. I lost to a Ghired, Conclave Exiled player who played Angel of Sanctions that attempted to exile my Angel of Suffering, and unfortunately I was 1 mana short of turning my Lazav, the Multifarious into a Turntimber Sower to sacrifice my Angel in reaction and then turning Lazav into said Angel (which was a dumb misplay, having played a tapped land the turn before and not one that cipt untapped). With just 1 life point left, I got slapped to death. But I was able to do fun shenanigans in the game, like Body Doubleing a Sidisi, Undead Vizier to find Cyclonic Rift and then use it to survive another turn, or turning Lazav into Razaketh, the Foulblooded and saccing Zombies to tutor for the Angel. Had a great time.

And it seems that it was just the right time to assemble Sidisi again, seeing Kagha, Shadow Archdruid getting spoiled today. Can't wait to run this card.

WWolfe

Post by WWolfe » 2 years ago

KitsuLeif wrote:
2 years ago
And it seems that it was just the right time to assemble Sidisi again, seeing Kagha, Shadow Archdruid getting spoiled today. Can't wait to run this card.
Definitely looking forward to this card.

KitsuLeif

Sidisi seems to be in for a treat with the upcoming set.
Sivriss, Nightmare Speaker looks pretty good as well. I just want to know if Sidisi is going to trigger for each creature that was milled with Sivriss, because I'm not sure if these mills are considered different instances or just one.

Zero_Origin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Zero_Origin » 2 years ago

Just as I was thinking of transitioning Sidisi into Yarok, here come some of the coolest additions in a long time in Kagha, Shadow Archdruid, Sivriss, Nightmare Speaker, and even Erinis, Gloom Stalker to a lesser extent. Looks like I'll be keeping Sidisi together for awhile longer...

On a personal side note: I'm excited to see WotC finally explore the design space around caring about cards that have been milled during a particular turn or from a particular ability. I hope we continue to get more cards like this going forward.

WWolfe

Three cards with great promise for this deck as you guys mention. The problem is the decklist is so tight now it's hard to find cuts. I think the ones I'll be making are the untappers (Kiora's Follower , etc) as I don't find myself using them too much since I took out the win-cons that used infinite mana. I'll keep Aphetto Alchemist because of it and Mesmeric Orb combo. But I think the other three I run can go bye-bye.

Zero_Origin

Yup, making cuts is almost always tough. I've been goldfishing my current decklist with the three new cards mentioned, and the cards I ended up cutting were: Overcharged Amalgam, Kiora's Follower, and Life from the Loam.
Last edited by Zero_Origin 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

KitsuLeif

We can get up to 3 Zombies out of 1 activation with Sidisi!

Zero_Origin

@KitsuLeif

Yeah, the card is a little ambiguously worded, so I wondering how it would work. It's great news that each opponent is a separate instance of mill; definitely makes this card an autoinclude. Thanks for sharing that!

WWolfe

That is awesome news! Makes me like the car all the more!

DementedKirby

Post by DementedKirby » 1 year ago

KitsuLeif wrote:
2 years ago
I've been considering coming back to Sidisi for a while now, but Angel of Suffering completely tipped me over the edge. I have to make cuts from like 5-6 other decks to build Sidisi once again (and since I only got one copy of Kozilek and Ulamog I'm considering putting only one in Sidisi and leaving the other in another deck), but I think it will be worth it.
You say you have cut Vannifar and her lines from your deck, but the current decklist still features her. I'd love to see an updated version of it.
Here's my current list in paper, card-by-card, for what I have in real life: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/UA1ZDs2E00augDnJE3TfEg
My YouTube Channel:
The Commander Tavern
- a channel I just started where I'll post content like deck techs and gameplays.
Please support by checking it out. Maybe you'll like its content and subscribe! Thanks!

KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif » 1 year ago

DementedKirby wrote:
1 year ago
Here's my current list in paper, card-by-card, for what I have in real life: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/UA1ZDs2E00augDnJE3TfEg
Yeah, I've already found it after WWolfe mentioned it earlier^^

DementedKirby

@KitsuLeif You make a good point about Sylvan Caryatid over Urborg Elf. I took out Mana Crypt to "lower the power" of my decks for a meta I had been playing in and that was what I had at hand. But definitely Sylvan Caryatid is better in terms of mana dork for the cost.

As for the goodies in the new set, I haven't had much time to scour over all of the cards yet. That being said, once they're all spoiled then I always look over them carefully to see what goodies are worth testing for all of my decks - not just this one. So I fully expect to be able to evaluate the set by next week.
My YouTube Channel:
The Commander Tavern
- a channel I just started where I'll post content like deck techs and gameplays.
Please support by checking it out. Maybe you'll like its content and subscribe! Thanks!

WWolfe

Post by WWolfe » 1 year ago

How has Circle of Dreams Druid worked out for you? I'm still torn about it with the triple G in the casting cost.

DementedKirby

WWolfe wrote:
1 year ago
How has Circle of Dreams Druid worked out for you? I'm still torn about it with the triple G in the casting cost.
It's actually not that bad. Keep in mind that I'm running a lot of lands that can tap for any color plus fetches for consistency. I can also reanimate it, too. So there're ways around the triple green. I haven't had many problems with it.
My YouTube Channel:
The Commander Tavern

KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif » 1 year ago

https://www.moxfield.com/decks/ZvjXMo2eeEG1wJVmo2aprQ
Played this list yesterday, and it felt very nostalgic to let Craterhoof Behemoth resolve three times (once on an empty board for the win) :D
I still adore the deck after all these years, even if I took a break from it for a while.

DementedKirby

KitsuLeif wrote:
1 year ago
Played this list yesterday, and it felt very nostalgic to let Craterhoof Behemoth resolve three times (once on an empty board for the win) :D
I still adore the deck after all these years, even if I took a break from it for a while.
Craterhoof Behemoth [/card]... Now there's a name I haven't heard in years...

Big same; it's been a while since I played mi Sidisi deck and I've made very few and subtle changes to it over the last couple of years - even amongst the incessant avalanche of product. I have to update my thread a bit, especially with the analyses of recent sets and products. But at least the moxfield link is up to date with each card as is in the deck.
My YouTube Channel:
The Commander Tavern

wyre6330

Post by wyre6330 » 1 year ago

I was wondering your thoughts on taking out Craterhoof for Titania were?

EldraziMimic

Post by EldraziMimic » 1 year ago

DementedKirby wrote:
1 year ago
KitsuLeif wrote:
1 year ago
Craterhoof Behemoth [/card]... Now there's a name I haven't heard in years...

Big same; it's been a while since I played mi Sidisi deck and I've made very few and subtle changes to it over the last couple of years - even amongst the incessant avalanche of product. I have to update my thread a bit, especially with the analyses of recent sets and products. But at least the moxfield link is up to date with each card as is in the deck.
I just wanted to say thank you for all of your hard work on this deck. This deck is how I first fell in love with commander, you've done such a good job. :)

KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif » 10 months ago

I'm interested in what you think of Palantír of Orthanc for Sidisi?

Artaud

Post by Artaud » 3 months ago

I wonder if new Ravnica set makes a jump of Sidisi popularity and builds. There is a lot of mill and using graveyard (collect evidence, leaving graveyard triggers) stuff to work with. Conspiracy Unraveler and Sludge Titan for example.

KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif » 3 months ago

I think, those two are traps. Having to exile cards for Conspiracy Unraveler is always meh, and we should have more than enough mana to cast our spells. Sludge Titan only returns the cards to our hand, which isn't much of a difference, as the graveyard is just an extension of our hand in this deck. The mill five for EtB or attacking isn't enough, I think.

But Snarling Gorehound can be a nice addition, if not a replacement for Path of Discovery. Aftermath Analyst will absolutely take Splendid Reclamation's place in my list. And Unshakable Tail sounds like a great card draw engine as well that even profits from the few Zombie lords, and will likely give us a new Zombie each upkeep. Oh yeah, also the Surveil Lands will replace the Snow Duals... Overall awesome new tools for Sidisi.

IAMAfortunecookieAMA

Post by IAMAfortunecookieAMA » 2 months ago

Artaud wrote:
3 months ago
I wonder if new Ravnica set makes a jump of Sidisi popularity and builds. There is a lot of mill and using graveyard (collect evidence, leaving graveyard triggers) stuff to work with. Conspiracy Unraveler and Sludge Titan for example.
Yup, I built Sidisi because of the new set, and here I am in this thread learning and reading :grin:

I specifically built it because of Aftermath Analyst and the Surveil lands, but also, Insidious Roots is a really powerful engine in a similar way to Tormod, the Desecrator [/card]. In fact, you can go really deep on that theme if you want because this set also included Chalk Outline and Soul Enervation, though my list is not running the latter two.

With this set of synergies in mind I'm deep on the Squee-type effects like Dogged Detective and Master of Death and I might even go deep enough to run Blood Operative ....

KitsuLeif

Post by KitsuLeif » 2 months ago

After testing around with my updated build, I can only say that you shouldn't sleep on Snarling Gorehound. Having that thing out before you drop Sidisi can quickly escalate your boardstate. For every new Zombie token you surveil again and if you hit a creature card, just mill it away, making a new Zombie with Sidisi which then triggers the doggo again. Absolutely nasty.
I've also included Dreadhound now, as a second Syr Konrad, the Grim-esque effect for more self-mill payoff.

IAMAfortunecookieAMA

Post by IAMAfortunecookieAMA » 2 months ago

Added the ol' hound to mine. Your list is cool!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”