Gumball Commander: Treasured Lulu

Hawk
Slayer of Threads
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Hawk » 1 year ago

My brothers have challenged me at our next family game night to build what they've termed "Gumball Commander": no individuals cards worth more than $0.25 American. A daunting challenge made easier by me drafting two boxes of Commander Legends: Battle for Baldur's Gate for my birthday last weekend!

Still figuring out what I want - torn between some sort of U/X Enigma Drake spellslinger (they've said they'd let Rielle, the Everwise slide since she's only started climbing out of the dregs recently and it'll be too soon for Balmor, Battlemage Captain to be available), GR Dragons with Ganax, Astral Hunter + Acolyte of Bahamut, or a dungeon manipulating deck. But my wife wants Lulu, Loyal Hollyphant and wants to use treasures as a cheap way to trigger her - so, Lulu's gonna paint some happy little clouds as a Guild Artisan.
Lulu, The Artist
Approximate Total Cost:

Deck is currently at 57 non-land cards, meaning it needs 6ish more cards plus land (leaning towards 37 land). Several cards I really want to run are off-limits: Abzan Battle Priest, Akki Battle Squad, and Signal Pest being the biggest losses although all the 2CMC rocks being just a little over budget hurts too. And so I turn to the wisdom of all of you for suggestions! I'm currently happy with the deck's removal suite minus wanting a boardwipe if one exists (I can't think of any). I also wouldn't mind more mass-token makers, more strong artifacts, and more ramp/draw/dig spells. And finally not sure if the current plan to win the game works or not - so maybe the deck just needs more fliers and anthems? It's a shame that, awkwardly, Intangible Virtue is terrible here.

Tags:

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 126

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

It is so thoroughly disappointing that Gonti's Aether Heart and Reckless Fireweaver are $0.50-$1.00 or so. Especially the latter.

Serum Tank might not be the worst draw option in the world and Dragonspark Reactor could save you in a pinch.

Speaking of anthems, Call for Unity squeaks in! Solemn Recruit is a downright cheapie.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Hawk
Slayer of Threads

Post by Hawk » 1 year ago

Realized that Iron Myr and Gold Myr are pretty good here (I've been looking for more ways to tap a creature without needing to go to combat). I might drop in Bronze Walrus as well. Shame that Plague Myr and Palladium Myr are over budget.

Also realized that Dusk // Dawn and Martial Coup have printings within budget!
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
It is so thoroughly disappointing that Gonti's Aether Heart and Reckless Fireweaver are $0.50-$1.00 or so. Especially the latter.

Serum Tank might not be the worst draw option in the world and Dragonspark Reactor could save you in a pinch.

Speaking of anthems, Call for Unity squeaks in! Solemn Recruit is a downright cheapie.
Serum Tank is just an Arcane Encyclopedia with extra steps so eh. It is fun and nostalgic though. Those are good finds though - definitely added! Finally Call for Unity being "so much worse than Cathar's Crusade" is a benefit not a drawback :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”