Nymris, I play cards during your turn

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 1 year ago

Nymris, low curve
Approximate Total Cost:

The point of the deck is to generate card advantage by Nymris, and the deck is low curve so I can play a card during everyone else's turn. What do you guys think? Any advice would be appreciated.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Tags:

silversnakes

Post by silversnakes » 1 year ago

Hello, I have a nymris deck as well for me the deck difficult to close out the game without using the cedh wincons like Demonic Consultation Thassa's Oracle. Also, could go for the Cabal Coffers route as well and use x spells to close it out. There is another combo that you could run if you see fit which is Naru Meha, Master Wizard type of combo lines with things like release to the wind these combo with things your already running like Slitherwisp and Faerie Tauntings I haven't tried this yet in my list I probably should though. I was thinking of running a few higher curve type cards to try and close out games once I've gotten control of the game things like Lochmere Serpent Oona, Queen of the Fae and Toxrill, the Corrosive I haven't bought these cards yet I'm still sort of tinkering with the list itself but, here it is in case you want to bounce ideas back and forth or maybe find something you can use as well. https://archidekt.com/decks/2096285#Nym ... _(Control)

NZB2323

silversnakes wrote:
1 year ago
Hello, I have a nymris deck as well for me the deck difficult to close out the game without using the cedh wincons like Demonic Consultation Thassa's Oracle. Also, could go for the Cabal Coffers route as well and use x spells to close it out. There is another combo that you could run if you see fit which is Naru Meha, Master Wizard type of combo lines with things like release to the wind these combo with things your already running like Slitherwisp and Faerie Tauntings I haven't tried this yet in my list I probably should though. I was thinking of running a few higher curve type cards to try and close out games once I've gotten control of the game things like Lochmere Serpent Oona, Queen of the Fae and Toxrill, the Corrosive I haven't bought these cards yet I'm still sort of tinkering with the list itself but, here it is in case you want to bounce ideas back and forth or maybe find something you can use as well. https://archidekt.com/decks/2096285#Nym ... _(Control)
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to stay away from infinite combos and cedh wincons, the deck isn't for a playgroup that strong. After playtesting it, I definitely want more threats. I'm making this change to my list:

In:
Out:
I especially like how I can use Lochmere Serpeant and Ebondeath from my GY after putting them in there with my commander. Raise the Draugr often times I don't have 2+ Faeries I want to return from my GY. Narset's Reserval I don't really have any super powerful spells like extra turns that I want to copy, and I just want to play 1 card a turn usually. Pact of negation is a lot of mana to sink and I don't have any combos to protect it with.

For your list, I'd definitely recommend moving Spellstutter Sprite from the maybeboard to the mainboard. I countered a Mana Vault with it, but there are so many cards it can hit, even if it's just for 1 mana:
And, aside from your commander you're running other faeries.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

silversnakes

Post by silversnakes » 1 year ago

Yeah, I like Sprite I thought I owned one but, after checking and ordering the cards I actually didn't and put it in the mayboard I probably should just grab one now tbh. Let me know how Ebondeath, Dracolich works for you. The card seems solid enough to run an casting it from the yard seems really good imo.

NZB2323

silversnakes wrote:
1 year ago
Yeah, I like Sprite I thought I owned one but, after checking and ordering the cards I actually didn't and put it in the mayboard I probably should just grab one now tbh. Let me know how Ebondeath, Dracolich works for you. The card seems solid enough to run an casting it from the yard seems really good imo.
Ebondeath, Dracolich was really good for me in a game yesterday. The deck doesn't have a lot of threats but a 5/2 flyer that can be recurred was helping me close out the game, but I ended up losing.
Current Decks

Retired Decks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”