Najeela, the Blade-Blossom - GLORIOUS MELEE COMBAT

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

My first iteration of the new warrior tribal general, Najeela, the Blade-Blossom. Currently, I'm trying to maintain a balance between fun cards I wouldn't be able to run in Lovisa Coldeyes, and her combo aspect so that the deck is different enough from Lovisa.
Najeela, the Blade-Blossom

Commander (1)

Sorcery (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

BRG "Toolbox" |B Xiahou Dun | UB Tegwyll | RG Hans | WB Astarion

Tags:

Shabbaman
crying casual
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Shabbaman » 4 years ago

I'm trying to build this as elf tribal. That should work, there are a lot of elf warriors that are good enough to run to begin with (the real problem is that I don't know how to make a good elf tribal deck in EDH). But I had this deck as every Joe's Najeela deck, and from that point I have three points for you to consider:
1. One drops are very good.
2. I'd run more draw at the expense of the creature count and combo pieces: how many different combo's do you need?
3. I feel the deck is more interesting with an additional theme, but I guess that is very personal.

Besides that, great deck. The battlebond warriors are all excellent and deserve a deck.
“Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Airi
Queen of Salt

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

Shabbaman wrote:
4 years ago
I'm trying to build this as elf tribal. That should work, there are a lot of elf warriors that are good enough to run to begin with (the real problem is that I don't know how to make a good elf tribal deck in EDH). But I had this deck as every Joe's Najeela deck, and from that point I have three points for you to consider:
1. One drops are very good.
2. I'd run more draw at the expense of the creature count and combo pieces: how many different combo's do you need?
3. I feel the deck is more interesting with an additional theme, but I guess that is very personal.

Besides that, great deck. The battlebond warriors are all excellent and deserve a deck.
So, I'm going to kind of address points 1 and 3 together, but to me, this deck is a chance to run all of the warrior tribal cards I absolutely adore, but never had the chance to use in my Lovisa Coldeyes deck, so a lot of the theme is going to revolve around that. So I ended up traiding a lot of consistancy on getting out Najeela's ability early in favor of pet cards of mine such as Ruric Thar, the Unbowed or Surrak Dragonclaw. ^.^ Which, is perhaps not the most interesting direction I could have gone, but I've been waiting to run this kind of multi-colored warrior tribal since I started playing EDH!

As for the card draw, I do see the allure. The biggest reason I have a lot of different combo enablers, especially ones that work in multiple set ups, is because my group tends to kill those kinds of cards on site. I don't run a lot of control really ever, so I like having multiple back up plans as my group tends to be very answer heavy. I will concede that I should be running more card draw, but I also am not really aiming for efficiency here, if that makes sense. I don't necessarily want to be a fast combo machine, I just want to be a warrior tribal list with the option to win outside of just beat down due to the larger games I tend to play in. It is absolutely something I will consider though!

Shabbaman
crying casual
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Shabbaman » 4 years ago

I think you mean you want a fun tribal deck instead of a streamlined deck. I get that, that is why I am looking for an additional theme. More flavor! Don't take that as criticism on your deck though. Personal preference.
“Our words are backed with OBLIVION STONE!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Airi
Queen of Salt

Post by Airi » 3 years ago

Minor update:

Out
Orochi Leafcaller
Bear Umbra
Diabolic Intent
Enlightened Tutor

In
Radha, Heart of Keld
Marisi, Breaker of the Coil
Neyith of the Dire Hunt
Moraug, Fury of Akoum

It probably seems like a weird set of cut cards, but to make room for some of the cute warriors we've had printed I decided to cut down on how consistent some of my combos are. This is meant to be warrior tribal first, with combo as a nice secondary game plan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”