Prosper: Turbo Tryhard

pzbw7z
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pzbw7z » 10 months ago

I've seen one cEDH list that's trying Hoarding Broodlord! I don't see it.

Other cards I've seen in lists recently include; Only Bowmasters is new, Wrenn's Resolve is a functional reprint.

Bowmasters seems okay, mainly as an anti-combo piece. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Saw can combo and provide value. Welder is good utility.

I don't plan to use any of these.

Tags:

pzbw7z

pzbw7z wrote:
10 months ago
I've seen one cEDH list that's trying Hoarding Broodlord! I don't see it.

Other cards I've seen in lists recently include; Only Bowmasters is new, Wrenn's Resolve is a functional reprint.

Bowmasters seems okay, mainly as an anti-combo piece. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Saw can combo and provide value. Welder is good utility.

I don't plan to use any of these.
Okay, the thing I missed is this; Broodlord tutors for Saw in Half, then helps to convoke the Saw. The two Broodlord tokens get something like Ad Nauseam and maybe Culling the Weak. The goal is to turbo a win.

pzbw7z

yeti1069 wrote:
10 months ago
You want Burnt Offering or Sacrifice to make 8 mana, but sacrificing one of the Broodlords (the tokens have full mana value).
That makes sense, but the list I saw doesn't run either. They work well with Broodlord, but not so well with any other creature in the list. Culling the Weak outperforms them with one to three drops.

Obviously, the copies can tutor for whatever they want, so maybe it's better to run Burnt Offering or Sacrifice just because of Broodlord.

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 9 months ago

Finally, after something like two years, I was able to get the Dockside Extortionist - Cloudstone Curio - Magda, Brazen Outlaw combo off. I've been wondering if it's worth keeping. It may not be, some of the cool kids run it, some don't. I'd probably have to do some thinking about it.

Madga and especially Dockside are probably fine, but Cloudstone only has a few other uses. Stitcher's Supplier and Dockside is pretty cool with Underworld Breach, I suppose.

Okay, that's enough thinking. It can stay.

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 8 months ago

Tonight I drew a starting hand including Simian Spirit Guide Gemstone Mine, Swamp, Marsh Flats, Chrome Mox and Ad Nauseam. Magda, Brazen Outlaw was the seventh card. It was an unusual way to play Prosper on turn one.

To make it even sillier, Prosper flipped up Mox Amber, which - along with the treasure it generated - allowed me to cast Ad Nauseam prior to my turn three. I hit both Twinflame and Dualcaster Mage off of Ad Nauseam.

It's definitely better to be lucky than good! :)

Moxnix

Post by Moxnix » 8 months ago

I've loved Bowmasters in just about every deck I've jammed it in even without support its just really high power card. I do feel like most CEDH games are decided by mulls / turn order assuming everyone is at least a bit experienced goign first drawing the best cards everyone is running seems more important than understanding which does help just doesn't move as many % points as dropping 5 mana and a mystic remora turn 1 on the play. I made something like this to test on mtgo and it was really fun though I went back to dimir after a few plays missed stealing games back with free counters. the magda tech is great I built an entire magda deck for my buddy we were able to get off a turn 3 lattice dockside vandalblast the first day we tested it and it felt really good XD. How have you liked face breaker? I'm trying to get some of these treasure cards to work in some of my non cedh but strong decks and haven't had great luck with that one but I see it used alot.

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 8 months ago

Professional Face-Breaker is gas. Being able to use Imperial Seal or Vampiric Tutor and play that card immediately is awesome. Sometimes Facebreaker gets goes through multiple cards, digging deep.

Some Many (most?, all?) guys are running Orcish Bowmasters in cEDH Prosper, but I don't see it as a staple here. It seems popular in decks that have B.

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 4 months ago

At least a couple of new things have been going around for cEDH Prosper; Hoarding Broodlord and Orcish Bowmasters.

Broodlord, of course, combos with Saw in Half, and Bowmasters provides anti-combo and anti-draw utility. Bowmasters can provide useful removal capability.

Anything else anyone is seeing that is getting wide-spread play?
Last edited by pzbw7z 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 1 month ago

Prosper. . . has left the building!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”