Omenkeel, LOL I'm a Boat

Tevesh
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Tevesh » 2 years ago

I've been trying to make Vehicle decks since the new card type was introduced. Either a critical mass was made or the appropriate Commander was printed for me to make this worthwhile.
It's Boating Time

Commander - 1

Planeswalker - 1

Basic Lands - 12

Approximate Total Cost:

Changes
Show
Hide
Changes 10/15/22
Show
Hide
Changes 10/15/22
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 09/22/22
Show
Hide
Changes 09/22/22
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 06/16/22
Show
Hide
Changes 03/03/22
Show
Hide
Show
Hide
Changes 11/21/21
Show
Hide
Changes 11/21/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 09/27/21
Show
Hide
Changes 09/27/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 09/16/21
Show
Hide
Changes 09/16/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 09/03/21
Show
Hide
Changes 09/0321
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 08/12/21
Show
Hide
Changes 08/12/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 08/11/21
Show
Hide
Changes 08/11/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 07/02/21
Show
Hide
Changes 07/02/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 06/28/21
Show
Hide
Changes 06/28/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 06/17/21
Show
Hide
Changes 06/17/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Changes 06/13/21
Show
Hide
Last edited by Tevesh 1 year ago, edited 26 times in total.

Tevesh

First revision:
Captain's Claws are, I believe the technical term is, horseshit. I wanted to poop out bodies but considering the mana cost of slapping Equipment on my Vehicles, it wasn't worth it, especially with the Kor token usually dying in the attack. Artificer's Assistant blocks Flyers, smooths my draws with Scry and is a small body to Crew my various vehicles.

I realized that I am not going with the front facing Legend in the throne, so I'm going to start culling my land bounce shenanigans. Meloku is the first such casualty of his decision which is a shame, I had fun with the bud back in Kamigawa. Looks like he's never going to make it into a modern EDH deck. One of the things the deck needs is early bodies and Etherium Sculptor provides while also being a source of acceleration as a cost reducer.

One look at my curve indicates that Trophy is the wrong Mage in the deck, so Tribute Mage goes in.

Explorer's Scope had the same problem as Captain's Claws - not worth it for something I need to keep re-equipping every turn. Especially since Raiders' Karve exists and the Scope isn't a body to Gas Pedal the Vehicles nor a Vehicle to be in-theme. Master Transmuter goes in as a way to cheat in Artifacts as well as protect my Commander, plus she can get in a car to make it go Vroom Vroom.

Shark Typhoon costs too much for what I want. I also realized I didn't have any Counterspells which explains why I couldn't find one in the games I ran this in. Considering how much colourless exists in this deck, I think Mana Drain will find a good home here.

Mystic Sanctuary is a low opportunity cost way of getting a spell back and ups my individual names for Field of the Dead. I've swapped out half of the Basics for Snow Lands to increase the odds of Field hitting.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 2 years ago

More manlands!

Blinkmoth Nexus
Faceless Haven
Frostwalk Bastion
Inkmoth Nexus
Mutavault

Dermotaxi is conspicuously absent. If you plan on never casting Cosima you could cut some more stuff like Trade Routes and Oblivion Sower for more meat and potato cards like card draw.

Really cool deck.

kraus911
Pronoun: he / him

Post by kraus911 » 2 years ago

Maybe Roil Elemental to take advantage of those consistent land drops. Not sure about your budget or cards you have, but Bribery on the green player for their Azusa, or Oracle of Mul Daya, or sim. Or a clone or two for when they play one of those.

I agree on some manlands, they can chain smaller vehicles into bigger ones post wipe.

I dig the Ixidron tech.

Tevesh

TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 years ago
More manlands!

Blinkmoth Nexus
Faceless Haven
Frostwalk Bastion
Inkmoth Nexus
Mutavault

Dermotaxi is conspicuously absent. If you plan on never casting Cosima you could cut some more stuff like Trade Routes and Oblivion Sower for more meat and potato cards like card draw.

Really cool deck.
A lot of these Manlands are expensive. I'll take some time to start putting them in the deck.

Trade Routes lets me discard the lands in my hand for draw, that way I can play my opponent's Lands and fuel my draw. I'll have to see if Oblivion Sower needs to go. So far Exiling a crapload of cards and then putting all of the Lands into play seems like a good time, though I'll readily admit the 6 Cost is a little tough to swallow.

Dermotaxi is definitely on my list but Modern Horizons 2 isn't out yet.

And thanks!
kraus911 wrote:
2 years ago
Maybe Roil Elemental to take advantage of those consistent land drops. Not sure about your budget or cards you have, but Bribery on the green player for their Azusa, or Oracle of Mul Daya, or sim. Or a clone or two for when they play one of those.

I agree on some manlands, they can chain smaller vehicles into bigger ones post wipe.

I dig the Ixidron tech.
I'll have to see if I do have a Roil Elemental but damn that's gotten expensive in the year I took off from Magic due to Covid. I do have some spare Briberys from back when it was a junk rare. The idea of using it to hunt extra Land Drops is a good one!

Yeah, Ixidron makes people cry it's so funny. In fact, it's the only spell that got Countered in a game I played because of how much it would muck up my opponent.

Tevesh

Second refinement:
I'm not doing Land Bounce shenanigans, so Trade Routes goes. What I need is a lot of early bodies to help the Omenkeel and its Vehicle brethen out of port. In its place I have Ghostly Pilferer who will help me draw cards with its two triggered abilities.

Thada Adel is solid at nabbing Sol Rings from opponents but that is not what the deck is quite looking to do. I need the Omenkeel to swing on Turn 3 and onwards, meaning that Adel's not going to do her job. In her place is Daring Thief, who will help me toss away crappy Nonland Permanents for my opponent's good ones.

Nadir Kraken is a 3 Drop that will immediately get to Crewing Omenkeel and friends, but then also spew tokens out to help Crew the other Vehicles. Faerie Artisans could do something like this, but to get this deck on an even keel I am looking to lower my floors instead of look at ceilings.

Metamorph can Clone any Artifact or Creature. Great, I'm not sure if it will help me Crew then which is why it is going away. Arbiter of the Ideal can finish things in the air and its Inspire will mean a lot of extra permanents are going to hit play. I don't know if the Arbiter is going to be good enough to keep in the deck but I'll give it a try.

Psychosis Crawler is fine, it gives me a lot of reach but I'm looking for more synergistic pieces. Sharding Sphinx will let all of my Vehicles more Thopters for Blockers, attacks or additional Crew. The 6 drop might be too much but again, testing.

Swiftfoot Boots isn't a Crewmate or Vehicle, so out it goes for something on theme - Sky Skiff's flying will let me in for more Land Drops.

I am a dumb greedy idiot and so I have to engineer against my own idiocy. I kept holding back Oblivion Sower because I was looking for bigger and bigger Exile amounts for me to get all of those Lands. Ghirapur Orrery is another way for the deck to Ramp even if it helps my opponents.

I think I might need a little more protection, so I sought out the Asymmetrical Wrath of Spectral Deluge. It's Foretell will make it deceptively cheaper. With how this deck hoovers up other deck's lands, Caged Sun does a lot less work than I initially thought.

Coral Atoll leaves with the removal of the Land Bouncing shenanigans and Access Tunnel will let the Omenkeel get in there.

Blinkmoth Nexus and Frostwalk Bastion are more Manlands to aid in the Crewing. I had them get rid of Basics, though in the future I might keep more Snow-Covered Islands to make sure the Bastion can grow legs.

I frequently see Temple of the False God as a really crappy spell that Ramps you, something like 'Use your Land Drop to play Skyshroud Claim'. This is a way to cheat by having a Land Drop Slot also be Ramp which I think is important to succeed in making an EDH deck. I normally play with 37 to 38 Lands because there's nothing more annoying than being Land Screwed in a game that might last an hour and you patriciate as a witness 'cause you're certainly not a player. With the Omenkeel letting me rob Lands out of my opponent's decks, I don't need to run as many. This has the consequence that I can't run Lands that have hangups, like Coral Atoll requiring an untapped Island to be bounced or Temple requiring a Land Drop with 4 other Lands out. War Room seemed like an obvious choice - I'm mono-coloured, paying 1 Life to Draw on demand is a bargain.

Tevesh

Raising floors:
Changes 06/17/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Emry is pretty amazing draw and shenanigans, so she was an obvious inclusion. I didn't know what to give the axe to but did think of how a lot of the Master Transmuter's power would be nullified if she went ahead and Crewed. Emry lets me bring those Artifacts back or goes ahead to Crew. It's not like I have Artifacts I can Flash in.

Sharding Sphinx is a wincon but I decided to look for ways to smooth things oveer. Fallowsage comes in for the extra draw power.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

Did you have a recorded game recebtly? I Just watched a game with a very similar deck on youtube

Tevesh

duducrash wrote:
2 years ago
Did you have a recorded game recebtly? I Just watched a game with a very similar deck on youtube
Nope though that does make me sad. I try to make original decks but I guess everything under the sun has been done before.

duducrash
Still Learning

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

Here it is, maybe if gives you ideias

Tevesh

duducrash wrote:
2 years ago

Here it is, maybe if gives you ideias
Ah, I stopped watching Muddstah's videos because they had too many simple errors in them. I know the guy banks half a dozen games at a time. If you're using media you can do it again or toss it.

Looking at the decklist, I see a few things that make our decks incompatible. He's using Eldrazi as finishers which I guess is a boring way to do things. I am going more "all in" on Vehicles. I find the lack of Ramp to be a problem as the only way to keep up in a Battlecruiser Meta is to continually be able to make absurd plays which means you need access to more and more mana. His deck also has a lot of Creatures in it, way more than mine, which means my Bounce suite would be ineffective. I want to be able to clear the board but leave my Vehicles on it; I can take advantage of Summoning Sickness because Crew is a Cost but if they want to retaliate they need Haste.

Surgespanner is a card I didn't know existed as I wasn't playing during Lorwyn. That is something I'll keep an eye out for as it is impactful without being too high on my Curve. I am waffling on Archetype of Imagination, it is a high cost end game card, but I like focusing on my deck's floors over ceilings during the 'revision' phase. I am still trying to find my feet. Ditto with Scourge of Fleets - great but expensive.

I did think of adding Whir of Invention into the deck but I don't have a singular Artifact that makes the deck pop. That's good for consistency, not so much for finishing out the game. Once the deck starts taking shape, it is a card I'm probably going to look to get.

I find the Eldrazi processors to be a strange choice. They're more expensive versions of better cards, that's two strikes right there and I'm not quite seeing enough Eldrazi to justify a theme. Maybe if he used All Is Dust or another way to break parity on Wraths.

Tevesh

Dermotaxi rides!:
Changes 06/28/21
Approximate Total Cost:

I'm always casting my Commander on two so Sky Diamond doesn't do anything. Later in the game, it comes down tapped. I'll try the Dermotaxi.

Academy Ruins is a good land.

Tevesh

Dermotaxi was a bust:
Changes 07/02/21
Approximate Total Cost:

The Arbiter just costs too much for what it does, so I'm going with a smaller curve option with the Artisans which will spew bodies out for me to Crew my Vehicles. It's going to be fun to give away these tokens with Daring Thief and then see my Donations go away whenever the next Creature comes into play.

There's either no good targets or someone Exiles 'yards before Dermotaxi can eat a target. That's a real shame as it is such a fun looking card with a slam dunk for theme. I am feeling a little lacklustre on draw so I'm trying out Pull to refill my hand.

I've grabbed utility lands and then had to grab another land of theirs before I could start using them. Exotic Orchard will help shortcut that process. If I want to use a Blighted Woodland, I don't really want to jump through hoops to get it up and running.

Tevesh

Better curving?:
Changes 08/11/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Artificer's Assistant did nothing wrong. It was just the first thing I saw that made me go "Yeah, I can cut that" so that Grazilaxx may enter the deck. It comes down Turn 3 which means it can Crew Omenkeel on the turn it wants to attack. Graz adds some needed draw to the deck but more importantly, he keeps my fleet alive. With Vehicles being so damned important, it's painful whenever one of them trades in combat. I want to Exile for Land Drops, so frequently the team has to swing, even into unfavourable odds. Hopefully Grazilaxx will make that a less painful choice.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

Have you considered March of the Machines and Rise and Shine?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Tevesh

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Have you considered March of the Machines and Rise and Shine?
March, no but I have contemplated Rise and Shine. I like Rise because it gives a Vehicle +4/+4, so that the Skysovereign, Consul Flagship gets in for 10 or other big hits once Crewed. The reason why I'm not currently adding it or hadn't considered March is because of my asymmetrical Wraths. I have lots of ways of bouncing Creatures, all Creatures, but my Vehicles dodge that and Ixidron. That's what lets me tempo out other combat-based decks; my guys dodge most of the removal and so there's only a small window where they can be Swords to Plowshares and the like. So, between giving a big buff versus semi-invulnerability, I'll take the shield over the sword.

Changes:
Changes 08/12/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Wonder requires a lot of hoops to get rolling, something that I may not have, but the Floor on Shackles is incredibly low and the the sky's the limit when it comes to its' Ceiling. Grab a critter to power out my Vehicles, all the way to hijack a Commander and beat someone to death with it.

Tevesh

A round of strict upgrades?:
Changes 09/0321
Approximate Total Cost:

Thopter Spy Network is okay. It's fine, doesn't really do that much for me as a way to make bodies for my Vehicles and smooth my draws. Ugin, in comparison, does all of that and is a cost reducer. He's more expensive, his bodies don't have flying but I like the idea of Ramp attached to the rest of this. I think it'll be good but I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a short lived change.

Mutavault is another Manland to Crew my 'Copter and friends. Sea Gate is either a land or a big bad spell if I need it. Basic Islands come out for these easy changes; Snow stay in to help Frostwalk Bastion grow legs.

Tevesh

Garbage for game winning?:
Changes 09/16/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Dreamscape Artist hasn't impressed me, he asks for too much. I thought it would be easy to spend the mana, Sac a Land that isn't mine and Discard a card but all of these requirements together are simply too costly. While yes, he is a body to help Crew, his 1 Power isn't impressive. In his stead comes Forsaken Monument, which will Ramp my Colourless production in addition to buffing many of my Boats and help stabilize my life total. Life gain is needed in EDH as your health is your board state but the amount of time remaining in the game for you is your life total. The shocks of life will help pad me up, plus stop the sharks from smelling blood in the water as we transition out of the midgame. Lastly, this will help me close out games. While my Commander is Blue, most of my heavy hitters are Colourless, meaning that they've reached a substantial growth to help end games. A lot of the 4ish power I have is not enough to end games, 5 or 6 is how you deal meaningful damage.

Tevesh

Less impressed for something that looks good:
Changes 09/27/21
Approximate Total Cost:

Surgespanner looks ridiculously good and I've seen it in many lists, so I'm going to give it a shot. I keep wish-washing back-and-forth on whether the Whirler Rogue is decent and that is why it is getting the axe.

Soldevi Excavations should've been axed with the same update for when I removed Temple of the False God. Basic Island goes in, it would be Snow if I could find another.

Tevesh

This deck is too terrible to give out freebies:
Changes 11/21/21
Approximate Total Cost:

My deck's wincon is to jump through all of the hoops and then win by turning Commons and Uncommons sideways, as I can't rely on my Fleet being made of Rare-plus. Ghirapur Orrery gives my opponents Land Drops and this deck can't keep up. Urza is coming in as a way to convert some of my Artifacts into Rocks. He also makes another body to help Crew or get in there. If all else fails, he can also poop out random cards. I'm not too sure if he'll be a good Ramp piece but I think his busted ass warrants testing.

Tevesh

The Kamigawa precons have been announced and one is Vehicle-based. I hope there isn't too much non-Blue crap, as I can easily see Red and White get the Vehicle love; hell, Red seems to have the most support for Vehicles.

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 2 years ago

I have been trying your list and I have lots of fun, so thank you for that. :)

The main problem I found with the deck was that I found myself with few options in the later game to finish my opponents, which is surprising, considering the amount of CA and ramp the deck produces.
I didnt want to spend money (or time. I know he is busted af) on Urza and I also consider playing Eldrazi kinda cheap (Oblivion Sower the only exception). So I decided to put some different, but fun, wincons in the deck.
Mechanized Production has been extremely powerful and I have used both modes of Mirrodin Besieged with success. Also, the fact that the deck already included cards like Thespian Stage and Mirrage Mirror, allowed me to add Dark Depths. You haven't lived until you've seen Marit Lage driving a Smuggler's Copter (yes, that happened). Even without the synergies, it is a great mana sink for the later game. But a card that I added and is secretly an all star, is Liquimetal Torque. Use it to turn Padeem into an artifact in response to a removal, turning anything into an artifact so that I can put Mechanized Production on it, using it on my opponent's best creature so that I can exchange it for a treasure with Daring Thief, etc. Lots of small interactions that also make the game more fun.
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Teneb, the Harvester AntiBlack Pestilence
Dakkon Blackblade Control
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain
Minsc, Beloved Ranger Win(nie)s
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis Dredge/Reanimator
Hans Eriksson Smash

Tevesh

Sefir wrote:
2 years ago
I have been trying your list and I have lots of fun, so thank you for that. :)

The main problem I found with the deck was that I found myself with few options in the later game to finish my opponents, which is surprising, considering the amount of CA and ramp the deck produces.
I didnt want to spend money (or time. I know he is busted af) on Urza and I also consider playing Eldrazi kinda cheap (Oblivion Sower the only exception). So I decided to put some different, but fun, wincons in the deck.
Mechanized Production has been extremely powerful and I have used both modes of Mirrodin Besieged with success. Also, the fact that the deck already included cards like Thespian Stage and Mirrage Mirror, allowed me to add Dark Depths. You haven't lived until you've seen Marit Lage driving a Smuggler's Copter (yes, that happened). Even without the synergies, it is a great mana sink for the later game. But a card that I added and is secretly an all star, is Liquimetal Torque. Use it to turn Padeem into an artifact in response to a removal, turning anything into an artifact so that I can put Mechanized Production on it, using it on my opponent's best creature so that I can exchange it for a treasure with Daring Thief, etc. Lots of small interactions that also make the game more fun.
Yeah, closing out the game is the big problem with the deck. I am killing my opponents by turning Commons with Strings Sideways, so not much of a surprise there. I am hoping that the Kamigawa Vehicle precon fixes this but I am doubtful due to the only Vehicle being spoiled so far being Black.

I don't think I run enough Artifacts that I can afford to bin to run Mirrodin Besieged. Not sure what to axe for Dark Depths because while it says Land, that's a filthy lie, and I don't think I make that many tokens to really abuse Mechanized Production. I like all of these solutions but I have doubts with my current decklist.

You definitely have a point with Liquimetal Torque. That's a card I hear a lot of buzz about but I haven't played in a month or so, and my regular group hasn't updated their cards from the new sets because play is infrequent.

Do you have a decklist? I want to see what you've dropped for these changes, you certainly have piqued my interest.

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 2 years ago

Tevesh wrote:
2 years ago
Do you have a decklist? I want to see what you've dropped for these changes, you certainly have piqued my interest.
Sure!
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4545293#paper

As you can see, it is just a slight variation of yours. Notable mentions:

1) 3 Counters. Mainly against mass artifact destruction spells. Perhaps the deck needs more, but I dont want to go for the controlly route. It is not fun.
2) Urza's Saga . This single busted card changed A LOT. More cmc1 artifacts in the deck (also, a Trinket Mage ), Thespian's Stage Schenanigans (if you dont know how this works, check it out) and, most of all, the deck's best play pattern.....
3) .....which is to bring Expedition Map (through any tutor, even Saga itself) → Academy Ruins → Take the Map back again → Go for either Dark Depths/Thespian's Stage line or Treasure Vault loops.
4) Treasure Vault is another card that deserves its own section. Artifact land (easily tutorable with everything), recurrable with Academy Ruins, wincon with Mechanized Production (you can even enchant it with it).
5) I try to avoid using the usual EDH Staples like Rhystic Study (the deck has enough CA as it is), Cyclonic Rift (4 mass bounce are enough) and Mystic Remora (Apart from all the rest, I find no use for it, since I cant play it t1 and then pay the Cummulative upkeep, when this makes the "play Omenkeel t2 ->equip and attack t3" line impossible)
6) Perhaps its my local meta, but I ALMOST always find use for Dermotaxi. I have skinned many creatures, from my own Padeem, to Elesh Norn and Kozilek.
7) I have a soft spot for Retreat to Coralhelm since my constructed days with Knight of the Reliquary . It is quite nutty with Walking Atlas and even more with Scaretiller (best creature in the deck?).
8) I recently cut Roil Elemental from my list. Makes the deck too much a target and it is very easy to answer.
9) You may notice that I run many fetchlands in a mono-U deck. It is not because of the Mystic Sanctuary! It is because I like the option to, whenever I want to, ESPECIALLY after I have already accumulated a large number of lands in exile from my opponents, go the other route. The Cosima one! By using cards like Surgespanner or Crystal Shard , I can bounce the Omenkeel and play Cosima to fill my hand even more. It doesnt always works, but I like the option and I find it very fun to be able to (somewhat) change the playstyle of my deck at will.
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Teneb, the Harvester AntiBlack Pestilence
Dakkon Blackblade Control
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain
Minsc, Beloved Ranger Win(nie)s
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis Dredge/Reanimator
Hans Eriksson Smash

Tevesh

Sefir wrote:
2 years ago
Tevesh wrote:
2 years ago
Sure!
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/4545293#paper

As you can see, it is just a slight variation of yours. Notable mentions:

1) 3 Counters. Mainly against mass artifact destruction spells. Perhaps the deck needs more, but I dont want to go for the controlly route. It is not fun.
2) Urza's Saga . This single busted card changed A LOT. More cmc1 artifacts in the deck (also, a Trinket Mage ), Thespian's Stage Schenanigans (if you dont know how this works, check it out) and, most of all, the deck's best play pattern.....
3) .....which is to bring Expedition Map (through any tutor, even Saga itself) → Academy Ruins → Take the Map back again → Go for either Dark Depths/Thespian's Stage line or Treasure Vault loops.
4) Treasure Vault is another card that deserves its own section. Artifact land (easily tutorable with everything), recurrable with Academy Ruins, wincon with Mechanized Production (you can even enchant it with it).
5) I try to avoid using the usual EDH Staples like Rhystic Study (the deck has enough CA as it is), Cyclonic Rift (4 mass bounce are enough) and Mystic Remora (Apart from all the rest, I find no use for it, since I cant play it t1 and then pay the Cummulative upkeep, when this makes the "play Omenkeel t2 ->equip and attack t3" line impossible)
6) Perhaps its my local meta, but I ALMOST always find use for Dermotaxi. I have skinned many creatures, from my own Padeem, to Elesh Norn and Kozilek.
7) I have a soft spot for Retreat to Coralhelm since my constructed days with Knight of the Reliquary . It is quite nutty with Walking Atlas and even more with Scaretiller (best creature in the deck?).
8) I recently cut Roil Elemental from my list. Makes the deck too much a target and it is very easy to answer.
9) You may notice that I run many fetchlands in a mono-U deck. It is not because of the Mystic Sanctuary! It is because I like the option to, whenever I want to, ESPECIALLY after I have already accumulated a large number of lands in exile from my opponents, go the other route. The Cosima one! By using cards like Surgespanner or Crystal Shard , I can bounce the Omenkeel and play Cosima to fill my hand even more. It doesnt always works, but I like the option and I find it very fun to be able to (somewhat) change the playstyle of my deck at will.
Wow, Expedition Map adds a %$#% to this deck. That definitely adds a way to close out the game and it's not like I'm doing really busted %$#% as this is one of my more casual decks. You've made an incredibly strong case to hunt down a copy of Urza's Saga.

Yeah, I am lowkey thinking that Scaretiller is much better than it looks if you have a meta where you don't get punished for "pointless pokes". It's why I'm trying him in my Dalakos, Crafter of Wonders deck; it's a way to Ramp and due to Dalakos giving Flying I can turn this turd sideways for serious value.

You're probably right about Mystic Remora. It and Rhystic are cards I have in bulk because I've been in the game for a long time; while I've gotten used to seeing Rhystic as being very expensive, it boggles my mind how much Remora has climbed in the last year.

I have been looking into getting more beef into the deck, how yieldly is Consulate Dreadnought? I see that it's the magic 1 CMC between all of your search engines, but how easy is it Crew and get in? Commander's Plate is also pretty ingenious, as it gives a lot of protection, turns Omenkeel into an actual clock and exile tons of cards. I'm pretty desperate, looking for ways to actually close out the game out in the mean time. Front runner is Aradara Express and that just hurts to consider.

What do you use Muddle the Mixture to tutor for?

I'm surprised you're running Wonder, it had too many hoops for me to jump through to get Flying, so I dropped that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”