Breya, Etherium Shaper

NGW
Legacy/Commander
Pronoun: he / him

Post by NGW » 3 years ago

Currently my oldest deck, bits and pieces of this go all the way back to my very first EDH list back when it was a janky Grimgrin deck from around the time Innistrad first released, evolving into a Lazav voltron deck after RTR block and taking its final shape almost completely rebuilt as a fairly optimized but not quite cEDH Breya list.

I've intentionally avoided the usual Thoracle or Worldgorger style combos in favor of ones that were slightly less efficient and felt more on flavor for the deck, just a personal preference sort of thing. A lot of blood, sweat and tears have gone into this deck over essentially a decade or so. It's one I take a lot of pride in and it'll always hold a bit of a special place in my heart.
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 3 years ago

I fully support this list! I'm in the process of writing out a Primer for my own Breya list that is very much in spirit with what you have. A few questions for you:
  • How does Goblin Engineer perform for you? I forgot about it as a card, frankly, and I love the utility that he provides. Sac-ing a Thopter to pick up a dead mana rock or Skullclamp sounds great.
  • Arcum Dagsson - why the exclusion? Seems like an easy include with a ton of upside.
  • Bolas's Citadel is absolutely fantastic as a card and is an artifact as well. Does the triple b deter you from including it?

NGW
Legacy/Commander

Post by NGW » 3 years ago

benjameenbear wrote:
3 years ago
I fully support this list! I'm in the process of writing out a Primer for my own Breya list that is very much in spirit with what you have.
Awesome! Happy to see a like-minded Breya pilot :)
benjameenbear wrote:
3 years ago
How does Goblin Engineer perform for you? I forgot about it as a card, frankly, and I love the utility that he provides. Sac-ing a Thopter to pick up a dead mana rock or Skullclamp sounds great.
For the most part it's performed quite well. It works great for more utility purposes, as you already pointed out. There are several combo pieces that he can pick up, or being able to dump something bigger into the yard to either reanimate or grab with Academy Ruins or set up the Sharuum loop combo is quite handy.
benjameenbear wrote:
3 years ago
Arcum Dagsson - why the exclusion? Seems like an easy include with a ton of upside.
Just something I had never really considered for it honestly. Not a bad include at all, just one that hadn't come to mind.
benjameenbear wrote:
3 years ago
Bolas's Citadel is absolutely fantastic as a card and is an artifact as well. Does the triple deter you from including it?
I actually did used to run Citadel in here, it was a definite powerhouse. It got cut more for optimization than cost. If I was running the combo with it it probably would have stuck around, but as I wasn't wanting to run Reservoir it was snipped for more interaction.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”