Kozilek 1.0 - How to Lose Friends and Annihilate People

East Side
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by East Side » 4 years ago

Any opinion on the new Bonders' Enclave? Pay 3 and tap to draw a card if you control a creature with power 4 or greater. This is definitely better than Arch of Orazca. I'm looking to include one more land and cut Mind's Eye, I want something with card draw though.

Tags:

Runnin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Runnin » 4 years ago

My take on Swords is that I have A LOT of players in my meta that plays black. And that Swords can be nice when Geode Golem gets outclassed, or small creatuers like Palladium Myr, Metalworker, Karn, Silver Golem and Forgemaster gets outclassed/bricked. Plus you can slap it on a manland. But I dunno if I'm gonna keep it. I need to remove something for my Karn, the Great Creator when it eventually arrives and Swords is up there on the list.

Otherwise, people have mentioned that Warping Wail is not all that. But it kinda is, then again I need something to remove for Mystic Forge whenever I can get my hands on one haha. What do you think rasputin? Otherwise I really love Warping Wail.

East Side

Runnin are you going to include the Mycosynth Lattice combo once you include Karn, the Great Creator? Why do you run Karn, Silver Golemn?

Runnin

East Side wrote:
4 years ago
Runnin are you going to include the Mycosynth Lattice combo once you include Karn, the Great Creator? Why do you run Karn, Silver Golemn?
Karn, Silver Golem is quite nostalgic for me, but he obv does have upsides, he can create an army when he comes into play. Animating all of those artifacts you've got laying around and swing or even block. I've gotten him to add like 30+ damage to my swing with artifacts I had on the board. He can remove manarocks thats 0 mana, killing Mana Crypts (and artifacts lands!). He can unequip equipments by animating them. If there's a creature wipe, he can animate artifacts so they'll die with the wrath. He's also a pretty good blocker, obv.

I don't think I will run Mycosynth Lattice, atleast for a while. I got kinda burned after I sold a OG FOILED Mycosynth or way too cheap before the latest Karn got spoiled. Like damn. But I will if I'm allowed have a extra sideboard as a wishboard. Otherwise I will mostly use Karns negative ability to get artfacts back from exile and what not.

Runnin

Ok boys and girls, I finally got a foil Mystic Forge. Aaaand now I'm gonna start to think about what its gonna replace. Even if I was positive about Feast and Famine, its been sort of a placeholder so far. But I don't know... I'll soon enough get my Karn, the Creator.

EDIT: replaced Grafdigger's Cage and Feast and Famine for Scrap Trawler and Mystic Forge.

EDIT: I added Karn, the Great Creator and removed Deserted Temple for now. I mean it has its uses,obv, but it doesn't happen very often. Besides I need to go over the landbase again. Btw, I got to test Karn today and he was bomb both game he featured in.

East Side

Any updates on the decks? Runnin is Karn still doing well?

Runnin

East Side wrote:
4 years ago
Any updates on the decks? Runnin is Karn still doing well?
I haven't really gotten to test it much besides those two games. But yeah, Karn the Great Creator was buff, I still like Karn, Silver Golem as well. I also moved Winter Orb for the sideboard for now since people don't tend to like facing my Kozilek, the Great Distortion deck hehe. Replaced Winter Orb with a Mana Rock for now. But otherwise I've gotten a few games in with my Nekusar deck that I've obsessed over, revamped it a lot strategy wise and such. But getting some EDH games in today is really difficult.

Runnin

Btw what do you guys and gals think about Bonder's Ornament?
I think its pretty good. And my guess is that you won't face that many players with it, so its often just you drawing a card. Obviously if you got the funds, there are better, but its still pretty good.

Runnin

Post by Runnin » 3 years ago

When we finally get a mythic artifact and its just made for like, mainly Sen Triplets.

Rasputin101

Post by Rasputin101 » 3 years ago

Runnin wrote:
3 years ago
When we finally get a mythic artifact and its just made for like, mainly Sen Triplets.

So close to being amazing!
That bottom ability just tips it too not being worth it with it being a seven drop.
Im not running Painter's Servant to draw a card

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 3 years ago

And it's not worth running Scrapbasket to draw 5.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Rasputin101

lyonhaert wrote:
3 years ago
And it's not worth running Scrapbasket to draw 5.
Its frustrating that this is probably gonna be the best artifact in the set and its not quite there!

I suppose this is the problem. With colourless' super limited card pool.
We just get less toys than everyone else!

Runnin

"Cryptic Masterpiece"
Artifact
T, Put a page counter on Cryptic Masterpiece: Scry 1.

2, T, Put a page counter on Cryptic Masterpiece: draw a card.

Whenever Cryptic Masterpiece has 4 or more page counters on it, exile it. When you do, gain 4 life.

Rasputin101

Runnin wrote:
3 years ago

"Cryptic Masterpiece"
Artifact

Whenever Cryptic Masterpiece has 4 or more page counters on it, exile it. When you do, gain 4 life.
I'm so on the fence about this one.
Its good in a durdley kind of way but if I'm gonna be fiddling around with artifacts in this way I think I'd rather be doing it with oracle's vault.
Maybe it needs testing

Runnin

Rasputin101 wrote:
3 years ago
Runnin wrote:
3 years ago

"Cryptic Masterpiece"
Artifact

I'm so on the fence about this one.
Its good in a durdley kind of way but if I'm gonna be fiddling around with artifacts in this way I think I'd rather be doing it with oracle's vault.
Maybe it needs testing
I'm with you, its even just cheap enough to be reconsidered .The Scrying could be good to have. Plus I guess its basicly a free scry with Krark-Clan Ironworks out, but I dunno. I don't think I would play it, even if I play the Great Distortion.

Bigsasha

Post by Bigsasha » 3 years ago

Nice! had to register when I stumbled across this- I basically have the same deck +/- 10%

Maybe others have mentioned this already, but this rarity might be a nice addition to the awesome deck you've already built.

Su-Chi

also, why no?
Not of This World

Runnin

Bigsasha wrote:
3 years ago
Nice! had to register when I stumbled across this- I basically have the same deck +/- 10%

Maybe others have mentioned this already, but this rarity might be a nice addition to the awesome deck you've already built.

Su-Chi

also, why no?
Not of This World
For me, I'd rather play another card since I play Kozilek, the Great Distortion (yes, I hand around in this primer haha. I used to play the butcher.). He can already protect the whole board and himself with his ability if I got the right CMC in my hand for the problem. Su-Chi is nice I guess? That plus Ashnod's altar is 6 mana, which is pretty nice. But I think its not really worth it. I'd rather have a rock that can survive a wrath. But I can see how Su-Chi is a good card for the deck, but it seems slow and imo not worth it :/

Bigsasha

Post by Bigsasha » 3 years ago

Runnin wrote:
3 years ago
Bigsasha wrote:
3 years ago

Su-Chi

also, why no?
Not of This World
For me, I'd rather play another card since I play Kozilek, the Great Distortion (yes, I hand around in this primer haha. I used to play the butcher.). He can already protect the whole board and himself with his ability if I got the right CMC in my hand for the problem. Su-Chi is nice I guess? That plus Ashnod's altar is 6 mana, which is pretty nice. But I think its not really worth it. I'd rather have a rock that can survive a wrath. But I can see how Su-Chi is a good card for the deck, but it seems slow and imo not worth it :/
True! But @Rasputin101 is already running Cathodion so why not Su-Chi?
also, nothing satisfies like the look on the face of a Breya, Etherium Shaper player when their Snap fizzles due to a well timed (and FREE!) Not of This World

Rasputin101

Bigsasha wrote:
3 years ago

Su-Chi

also, why no?
Not of This World
Hey! Welcome to the forum and thanks for dropping in a post.

I've tested out Su-Chi waaaaay back and although great in theory, it only ever generated me the when I didn't need it.
Unless you've already played out either Krark-Clan Ironworks, Ashnod's Altar or High Market (which itself kind of costs you as you have to tap it) you end up with the mana in the combat phase which can't go toward the spaghetti monster.
I just never found it realiable enough to net the mana at the right time over say another four drop rock or a tutor.
Cathodion hasn't been tested for the same reason but I prefer it as a three drop over the four drop.

Not of This World is awesome when played out at the right time but nothing puts a smile on my face more than when opponents remove Kozilek. I get four more cards and get that much closer to my wincon!
Where Not of this World is really worth it's weight is against theft. However, the little theft that I personally play against verses straight removal is very low and in my experience if they're playing a dedicated theft strategy you only really delay them by one move and a sac outlet is always the safer move.
As for saving other pieces and paying the ... I loath to pay that kind of mana for something I can't use and abuse over and over. Same reason I cut Scour from Existence!
Don't get me wrong it's a great card, just doesn't do it for me in this list where I struggle for weeks to find space for a single new card!

Runnin

Btw, Basalt Monolith got a reprint in doublemasters, so now if one wants to, you can get the modern frame one in foil!

Rasputin101

Runnin wrote:
3 years ago
Btw, Basalt Monolith got a reprint in doublemasters, so now if one wants to, you can get the modern frame one in foil!
I yelled out loud when I saw it!
Disrupted my daughter's Zoom ballet lesson lol.

I've been waiting for a foil Basalt for about six years!

Runnin

Rasputin101 wrote:
3 years ago
Runnin wrote:
3 years ago
I yelled out loud when I saw it!
Disrupted my daughter's Zoom ballet lesson lol.

I've been waiting for a foil Basalt for about six years!
Haha! I got an Alpha one atm, but I'm gonna see what happens with the price of this foil one!

Runnin

So now with the new mecha godzila hangarback walker that I happned to get for free. I think its a card one could play. Can sacc to Ironworks/altar and get a bunch of mana and blockers.

Runnin

THIS SHOULD GET YOU BACK TO THIS PRIMER! AAAAAAAAH, we have OUR OWN Miraris WAKE!

Runnin

AND THIS Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”