Sisay, 5C Shrine Tribal

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit
Pronoun: he / him

Post by vandertroll » 3 years ago

With the release of the new Sanctums it was impossible for me not to brew (at last!) an Enchantment based deck, including all the shrines. This is the deck you didn't know you wanted :grin:

Decklist

Planeswalker (1)

Approximate Total Cost:

There are some cute interactions that I am not sure that should be in this type of deck:

Mirror Gallery and Copy Enchantment effects: This might be to slow to make an impact
Natural Affinity with Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Doomwake Giant : Unfortunately I can't splurge for a Living Plane so these are the second best options.

The plan is to progressively gain value with the shrines and various enchantment effects and once you've achieved a good boardstate, proceed to destroy lands/creatures and remain ahead. Sisay can tutor the white shrine and then slowly get the rest, although there are other ways to find the shrines as well. Note that I haven't properly playtested the deck yet! Perhaps I need to add more legends that matter, or double down on stax - hate effects to slow the game more? Any help cutting off redundant cards,optimizing and suggesting synergies is welcome!
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

Tags:

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

I played against three different Sisay Shrine decks in one day on Magic Online...definitely the flavor of the moment.

I agree with you, the Mirror Gallery and copy enchantment plan is too slow. I mean look at what you really want to be casting in a turn. No shortage of action. Taking a turn off to cast Mirror Gallery so that you can copy a Honden of Seeing Winds is actually pretty medium anyway.

Look to a few enchant lands for mana acceleration rather than land ramp as it goes better with the enchantment plan.
Wild Growth, Fertile Ground, Utopia Sprawl over Kodama's Reach, Spoils of Victory, Farseek.
Carpet of Flowers will be good most games, and in enchantress draw decks is basically a freebie even if it turns out there are no blue decks. Trust me on this one.

Setessan Champion is another "enchantress".

Dryad of the Ilysian Grove will probably go a long way as well with the additional draw you'll welcome being able to play additional lands, and the color fixing is pretty good as well.

Greater Auramancy for further protection.

Dismember is a strange one when you have access to Swords to Plowshares.

Heroic Intervention probably going to be easier to cast than Boros Charm and the hexproof protects against targeted exile removal.

I'm not sure that Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Avacyn, Angel of Hope really fit the deck. You don't have anyway to cheat them in that I can see, and the deck has plenty of ways to finish the game. Remember Sisay can only get 6 cmc or less even when you have 5 colors on board.

I personally think the Natural Affinity plan with Elesh or Doomwake Giant is pretty awkward. You have to have them stick for a turn cycle and they will be the #1 targets. Then for Doomwake you have to cast Natural Affinity and two enchantments spells, which is a lot of mana.

Conflux looks a little ambitious as well. As far as card draw you can go much leaner.
Mystic Remora and Phyrexian Arena
Attunement goes great with the Dance of the Manse, Replenish, Calix, Destiny's Hand plan.
Starfield of Nyx is also another option for graveyard antics.
Bounty of the Luxa is an underrated card.
Verity Circle is a surprising card for getting a lot of card draw out of it. Obviously its situational but in some games its just draw 3 each turn.

Energy Flux as another artifact hoser.

Noir

Post by Noir » 3 years ago

Sisay Shrines seems like it'd be really fun! I was considering turning my Sisay deck into it but I don't think I can... I just like my other legends too much haha. Glad to see more Sisay players though I absolutely love her as a character and both her cards.

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 3 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
I played against three different Sisay Shrine decks in one day on Magic Online...definitely the flavor of the moment.

I agree with you, the Mirror Gallery and copy enchantment plan is too slow. I mean look at what you really want to be casting in a turn. No shortage of action. Taking a turn off to cast Mirror Gallery so that you can copy a Honden of Seeing Winds is actually pretty medium anyway.

Look to a few enchant lands for mana acceleration rather than land ramp as it goes better with the enchantment plan.
Wild Growth, Fertile Ground, Utopia Sprawl over Kodama's Reach, Spoils of Victory, Farseek.
Carpet of Flowers will be good most games, and in enchantress draw decks is basically a freebie even if it turns out there are no blue decks. Trust me on this one.

Setessan Champion is another "enchantress".

Dryad of the Ilysian Grove will probably go a long way as well with the additional draw you'll welcome being able to play additional lands, and the color fixing is pretty good as well.

Greater Auramancy for further protection.

Dismember is a strange one when you have access to Swords to Plowshares.

Heroic Intervention probably going to be easier to cast than Boros Charm and the hexproof protects against targeted exile removal.

I'm not sure that Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite and Avacyn, Angel of Hope really fit the deck. You don't have anyway to cheat them in that I can see, and the deck has plenty of ways to finish the game. Remember Sisay can only get 6 cmc or less even when you have 5 colors on board.

I personally think the Natural Affinity plan with Elesh or Doomwake Giant is pretty awkward. You have to have them stick for a turn cycle and they will be the #1 targets. Then for Doomwake you have to cast Natural Affinity and two enchantments spells, which is a lot of mana.

Conflux looks a little ambitious as well. As far as card draw you can go much leaner.
Mystic Remora and Phyrexian Arena
Attunement goes great with the Dance of the Manse, Replenish, Calix, Destiny's Hand plan.
Starfield of Nyx is also another option for graveyard antics.
Bounty of the Luxa is an underrated card.
Verity Circle is a surprising card for getting a lot of card draw out of it. Obviously its situational but in some games its just draw 3 each turn.

Energy Flux as another artifact hoser.
Boros Charm / Dismember are placeholders for Heroic Intervention and StP. I am wondering if I am going too far on the draw a card effects from enchantments. How much is enough? Also, I was trying to find some legendary permanents (gods maybe?) that could work with sisay and the theme of the deck. Any Suggestions?
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

Noir

Post by Noir » 3 years ago

Maybe try to fit Hanna, Ship's Navigator in? She can get back lost shrines if they get destroyed.

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

vandertroll wrote:
3 years ago
Boros Charm / Dismember are placeholders for Heroic Intervention and StP. I am wondering if I am going too far on the draw a card effects from enchantments. How much is enough? Also, I was trying to find some legendary permanents (gods maybe?) that could work with sisay and the theme of the deck. Any Suggestions?
Rule Number #1 of Magic the Gathering: You can never have enough card draw. Rule #2, you can never have enough mana.

The Ixalan transform enchantments are totally an option;
Search for Azcanta is a really underrated card. I just love filtering away lands, or if land short filtering away non-land cards. Plus it goes nice with the graveyard recursion cards and then is land ramp later on with card advantage.

Journey to Eternity is nice insurance to put on Sisay and this is where an Elesh Norn is a more viable option as you can cheat it into play.

You could look at Hadana's Climb as well as a way to pump up Sisay so that you can search for higher cmc cards more easily and then is land ramp as well. However I doubt you'd ever use the stats bonus ability.

Tuvasa the Sunlit is a Legendary creature worth considering. Gives you 3 colors for Sisay +1/+1 bonuses as well.

Zur the Enchanter can get a lot of stuff...one would almost say broken.

Estrid, the Masked is an option, although the plus ability is not the best in your deck even when you do play Wild Growth, Fertile Ground, Utopia Sprawl. You can down tick however to give stuff totem armor, but this defeats the purpose of getting to the ult for the graveyard recursion. Calix, Destiny's Hand remains the better option, but its not inconceivably that you run both.

Of the Gods I like Keranos, God of Storms and Klothys, God of Destiny the best in your deck as it allows you to bounce back after mass land destruction better.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”