Rasputin Dreamweaver nonsense

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

Smooshed much of the blue-white portion of Gavi's precon in with a deck idea for Rasputin I had been maintaining and ended up with... this:
Dice collector

// Commander

// Other Fast Effects (2)

// Planeswalkers (2)

// Other Sorceries (3)

Approximate Total Cost:

It's a proliferate-flavoured cycling deck, where the idea with the Slide effects is always to flicker Rasputin himself; getting seven mana in this deck lets you cycle several times or cast a big secondary mana battery or something else greedy. There's lots of charge permanents for the proliferate effects in addition to Rasputin (and make sure you remove a counter to play the proliferate effects - he can't carry more than seven no matter who puts the counters on!) It's really fun to build up slow, inevitable momentum but it doesn't have anywhere near the amount of power to survive an archenemy situation. Mirror Entity and Oketra and Abandoned Sarcophagus all provide varieties of mana outlet for when you've got numerous dream and charge counters to burn. Deadeye Navigator + Rasputin is a desperation gambit only to be used when yr about to die and not to oppress new players! Pairing the Navigator with Cloud of Faeries is also questionable behaviour!

stuff that is not really performing:
The Grim Poppet would really love to be a Contagion Engine but for some reason that's a thirteen dollar card they won't reprint. :| I'd love to kick out the Vivid lands and replace with pain and/or filter lands but again, those things cost money. Hampering Snare is currently the worst cycling card in the deck - all the other instant cyclers either draw cards, remove permanents or protect yours. The Snare is just a bad fog. I kinda want the Impulse to be a Medomai's Prophecy cos of the corner case of being able to play it and then bring it back later with Dance of the Manse.

Thanks for reading! No-one ever responds to my deck threads, please tell me what I'm doing wrong lol
Last edited by folding_music 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 3 years ago

bump, updated the deck list substantially.

would love to add:
Venser, the Sojourner
Hangarback Walker
Walking Ballista
except for price!

the storage land probably look absolutely precious but I see this as my only actual chance to use those cards in a deck that at all supports them. Plus Sand Silos, Icatian Store, Saprazzan Cove and Fountain of Cho ALL have absolutely incredible art and I adore them!

edit: Lay Claim is a beautiful bad card but Dance of the Manse can't put it into play so it is quickly losing its lustre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”