TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 4 months ago

Cash rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the money
Dollar, dollar bill, y'all

- Method Man, C.R.E.A.M.

Treasures have taken over the format. Tacking a Lotus Petal or two onto spells of any size, as it turns out, is pretty good. I've seen many instances where people have more treasure than they know what to do with.

I don't have that problem.

This deck started as a Myra the Magnificent deck that focused on using Rise and Shine effects to kill people with Attractions and called it "Fatal Attraction." It was terrible. However, it was fun, and I killed more people with random mana rocks and treasures more often than anything else, so why not lean into that? Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator is a very powerful commander that opens up lots of interesting possibilities. I tried with Kediss, Emberclaw Familiar and it drew too much heat. The interaction is obvious and strong and worst of all, easily disrupted. I then tried Galazeth Prismari and even Bilbo, Retired Burglar but nothing compared to the power of Malcolm.

It was only when someone played Smothering Tithe that I remembered ol' Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, and that eventually led to this decklist.

Beauty and the Beast
Approximate Total Cost:

What?

It's pretty simple. Cast Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator on turn 3, start generating treasures, then start churning through your deck to find even more treasures. Eventually you'll cast Rise and Shine or Cyberdrive Awakener, or use Tezzeret the Seeker's ultimate to turn our treasures and mana rocks and equipment into lethal. Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder helps us generate more treasures with Malcolm and sustain our life total since we're not running a plethora of creatures or removal. That's it. Shout out to Dance of the Manse for being an awful card that is too fun to not run.

38 Lands?

I know, I preach running lots of lands now, but this deck has a very low curve and Malcolm, Keen-Eyed Navigator does ramp us, which can theoretically help reduce the potential of missing our fourth land drop. 38 isn't that low, anyway; that's an ~80% chance to have 3 lands in hand after a single mulligan, and two lands with a mana rock can be keepable, as well.

The rest of the deck is pretty self-evidently full of staples and synergistic spells. I've played it a few times and I don't know if it will remain in the stable but it's too memey to not play occasionally.

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”