Lord Windgrace - League Deck

raddleman
Pronoun: he / him

Post by raddleman » 4 years ago

So this list definitely needs some context because it's not your normal Lord Windgrace deck, at least I don't think it is. A few months ago me and some friends wanted to get back into Commander and invited some newcomers to join us. We wanted to create as even a playing field as possible with veterans and newcomers alike so we decided to create some rules to deckbuilding. We all started with a precon deck of our choice, no limit was set on this, and each time we meet a month we are allowed to get up to ten booster packs of our choice from any set. The first thing we do each time we meet is open our packs and trade with each other. We are not allowed to use cards not pulled within the league and we aren't allowed to buy singles. Any sealed product is fine though such as Commander precons, Brawl precons, and Planeswalker decks.

So you will find plenty of suboptimal cards in here and some obvious missed staples but please take that into consideration when making comments or suggesting cards. While I'm able to buy a lot of older packs there are cards that just aren't going to be available for me to require such as really old cards or cards only reprinted in things like Eternal Masters that are just out of my price range. I'm open to any suggestions or comments but my primary reason for posting this here is for documentation of the list and changes going forward.

We also track our stats and will be doing "seasons" going forward coinciding with set releases (my buddy drew inspiration for this from his love of Apex) if anyone is interested in learning more.

Lord Windgrace

Commander

Artifacts

Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

OCPunisher

Post by OCPunisher » 4 years ago

I really like the idea of only adding sealed products/trades into your decks as a mechanism for curbing changes. Like many others, my local group tried to do a league with this exact set of precons, and it wasn't great because the Lord was super strong and we all had pretty much everything we needed already. But the randomness of sealed product plus the randomness of each person buying their own assortment of packs adds a nice little layer of creativity to the mix. Bravo!
A deck for every color: Rakdos | Lord | Heliod | Yeva | Tetsuko | Scarab | Kykar | Kozz | Athreos | Haldan/Pako

raddleman

We're definitely running into that issue a bit as my win rate is substantially higher than anyone else's currently. That's actually why I've decided to get a second precon so I can swap decks with Tuvasa the Sunlit. It's also not that exact set of precons, there's seven of us so we kind of got ones from different years. Two from 2019, three from 2018, one from 2017, and one from 2014. There was a little bit of a balance issue at the beginning but we do a good job of using politics and trading to keep people in check for the most part. We try to keep it as casual as possible.

Side note; Did you use to be active on MTG Salvation? The name and avatar look very familiar to when I was really active in Commander 6-7 years ago on Salvation.

OCPunisher

Post by OCPunisher » 4 years ago

I did, same handle and everything.
A deck for every color: Rakdos | Lord | Heliod | Yeva | Tetsuko | Scarab | Kykar | Kozz | Athreos | Haldan/Pako

raddleman

Nice! Glad to see you still around. I was Dm225 on there, used to run the Commander Decklist Database for a spell.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”