Niv-Mizzet, Parun - "Controlled Burn" - No creatures!

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 4 months ago

@benjameenbear yeah, im none too pleased with the direction of MTGs story or the product itself. And the story actually appears be fading away into endless universes beyond products. I for one really enjoyed MTGs original worlds and characters as I'm sure most older commander folks do. I'm definitely a colllector as well as a player and i hate seeing my value tank. Makes me a lot less likely to buy product I know will depreciate instead of appreciate. But maybe it's just change and we can adapt. Not sure. For me at least the gameplay hasn't really suffered. There's powercreep for sure, but at the end of the day I'm still having fun playing with my friends and thats what matters most to me personally.

As for fatherhood, yeah... i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy and yet I feel very lucky. It's weird!
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Tags:

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 3 months ago

CHANGELOG - 1/17/24

City of Brass ==> Urza's Saga - So, now that I have Jeweled Lotus, the saga is going back in. Just forgot to add it previously.

Desperate Ritual ==> Copy Artifact - So, copy artifact has been in here before. I think I just wanted to try something different, however I do think this is the next best piece of ramp next to what is already in the deck. It has the low possibility of doing nothing, however someone at the table is bound to have a Sol Ring sooner or later, but it has the high ceiling of copying something like a Blightsteel Colossus or Bolas's Citadel which is something other mana rocks can't do. Being useful both early and late game. If we are lucky maybe someone has an Aetherflux Reservoir!

I've also updated the budget decklist a bit since many solid cards have come down to budget price points. Added the following:

Mystic Remora
Vandalblast
Counterspell
Chaos Warp
Spiteful Banditry
Gamble
Solve the Equation
Mystical Tutor
Press the Enemy
Consider
Bolt Bend
Decaying Time Loop
Into the Fire
Wild Magic Surge
Great Hall of the Citadel

The budget list is important since most people looking to get into EDH don't have 500$+ to burn right away. Building a powerful deck on a budget is a noble task! Also, there are fun cards to use that just don't make the cut in the main primer that you may want to run anway.

The budget list is a dedicated wheel deck. Without the infinite mana combos, it relies on dealing damage with Niv. There are lots of directions to take this deck but I like wheels, so that's what we have.

The real challenge would be to build a 50$ budget deck! I may actually do that in paper just to see if it's possible.

Here's the full 100$ decklist:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Decklist

COMMANDER

LANDS (35)

Basics

16 Island
Approximate Total Cost:

EDIT: Hmm, according to TCGplayer there is almost a 50$ discrepency. I will need to ivestigate.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic