Bronzephoros - Well, that's on fire now

cheonice
Death to Chronos.
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cheonice » 5 months ago

Bronzephoros - Well, that's on fire now

My inner Timmy needed to sling some big dumb creatures again. After finding @toctheyoungers Purphoros list, I fell deeply in love with a Sneak Attack in the command zone. And my inner Johnny joined the conversation. Over time this has become one of my favourite decks.

The deck does everything I had dreamt of:
  • Big dragons
  • Massive amounts of damage
  • Additional attack steps
  • Stealing my opponents best creature to make them hit themselves
  • Blowing up the board
  • Being sneaky with Sundial of the Infinite
  • Playing bad cards like Sandstone Needle
  • Cheating on mana costs big times!
Bronzephoros

///Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by cheonice 3 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 5 months ago

Deck looks great! I pulled Bronze apart* a little while ago, but it's really nice to see the Timmy runs strong still.

*That said I converted it into Delina. Its fairly similar, maybe a little more explosive, definitely more of a glass cannon. But it's just as fun as Purph was.

Have you thought about Fable of the Mirror-Breaker // Reflection of Kiki-Jiki here? I know it's much more prominent in other formats, but I've found it pretty valuable personally.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

toctheyounger wrote:
5 months ago
Deck looks great! I pulled Bronze apart* a little while ago, but it's really nice to see the Timmy runs strong still.

*That said I converted it into Delina. Its fairly similar, maybe a little more explosive, definitely more of a glass cannon. But it's just as fun as Purph was.

Have you thought about Fable of the Mirror-Breaker // Reflection of Kiki-Jiki here? I know it's much more prominent in other formats, but I've found it pretty valuable personally.
Thank you :)

Yep, Delina is a blast in Purphoros. Great to see that she pulls her weight as a commander, too.

I had great succuess with Fable of the Mirror-Breaker // Reflection of Kiki-Jiki, but sold it, when it spiked. I'm running the original Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker in this slot now. Lots of nostalgia and a pretty decent card.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 5 months ago

Oh yeah Kiki is for sure the better card from a game ending perspective. It'll go off or just give you enough value to get there. The saga is pretty amazing though. It does everything you want it to in the early game and really helps to accelerate and make your grip favorable. The backside is good, and there are specific cards that it goes off with, but it's more just great as a set and forget tempo engine.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Triple damage sounds better than double damage. So Gratuitous Violence is replaced by City on Fire. Tripling Purphys power makes him a one-hit commander, too! So yeah, Timmy is excited!

cheonice
Death to Chronos.

Post by cheonice » 3 months ago

Some new additions from the newest set:
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Krenko's Buzzcrusher looks like an amazing land hate that can be cheated out at instant speed. With high-value lands running rampart I'm really happy with this inclusion.

Incinerator of the Guilty is another neat wrath-on-a-stick. We'll see, how good it turns out.

On the other hand Feldon of the Third Path feels to slow for my current build. I really like his character, though, maybe I find a new home for him.

Even though Goldspan Dragon is a great card, this is not the deck for her.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”