Vislor Turlough and The Twelfth Doctor: QED

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 6 months ago

QED
Approximate Total Cost:

I threw this together in about an hour and just wanted to get it out there.

If you're not familiar with Owling Mine, it's an ancient deck from the Before Times that used Ebony Owl Netsuke to kill you while filling your hand with Howling Mine. Simple, right? In 1v1 this is okay because you can semi-contain your opponent with bounce spells and countermagic, but this is harder in a multiplayer format.

Enter Vislor Turlough. An Owl in the command zone and a way to make a bunch of copies with The Twelfth Doctor? I couldn't resist. I added a bunch of stax effects to constrict mana while players choke on their hands, thus breaking parity. Can't take advantage of spells in hand if you can't cast them. Beyond that the rest of the deck is a pile of ramp, removal, and tutors. Pretty self-explanatory.

Tags:

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 6 months ago

Folio of Fancies for making sure no maximum hand sizes.

Trinisphere, Nether Void, Damping Sphere, Cursed Totem
Frozen Aether going to be necessary for Dockside Extortionist getting through the stax.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 6 months ago

You're kind of light on defense. I'd consider Propaganda and Collective Restraint to soft lock combat

EDIT: Koskun Falls is also withi your colors, though I'm not sure how good it is. Also Orcish Bowmasters.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”