Help me improve my deck! It has an SSBU theme, and I want it to be good.

Tman03
the aeons shmorn
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Tman03 » 4 years ago

Hey, I built a janky deck themed around Smash once, with legends and walkers representing each main protagonist in Smash, with Sisay at the helm for mechanical reasons. I want it to be decent, so I could use some replacements.
Mario is Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder because of the resemblance to Lou Albano.
DK is Grunn, the Lonely King, as he is the only legendary ape, minus changelings.
Link is Golos, Tireless Pilgrim because he's a must for Sisay, and a Scout that ramps, which seems like Link.
Samus is Chandra, Torch of Defiance, because #leadingladies.
Yoshi is Ghalta, Primal Hunger, for obvious reasons.
Kirby is Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, because I wanted to play into his darker god of death and hunger side.
Fox is Eight-and-a-Half-Tails because he's an anthro fox.
Ness is Jace, Vryn's Prodigy because he's a 12-year-old psychic powerhouse.
Captain Falcon is Kamahl, Pit Fighter, because he's a flashy competitor in a deadly sport that lives for glory.
Ice Climbers are The Royal Scions because they're twins, and Will at least has ice magic.
Marth is Darien, King of Kjeldor because he's a hero-king and a tactician of dozens of Soldiers.
Mr. Game & Watch is Ihsan's Shade because he's black, flat, and amorphous, like a shadow.
Pit is Shalai, Voice of Plenty because she's an Angel and a must in Sisay.
Wario is Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin because he seems like an MTG goblin.
Snake is Edric, Spymaster of Trest because he's a spy.
Red is Jiang Yanggu, Wildcrafter because he collects woodland creatures to summon in combat.
Sonic is Samut, Tyrant Smasher because she's all about speed.
R.O.B. is Karn, Scion of Urza because he's a colorless robot, an antique from a forgotten era.
Villager is Kethis, the Hidden Hand because he's an Advisor, and he's evil.
Mega Man is Memnarch because he's a blue robot.
Miis are Kozilek, Butcher of Truth because they are incomprehensible to other game characters.
Wii Fit Trainer is Narset, Enlightened Master because she just feels right, with the yoga and the martial arts and the meditation.
Little Mac is Surrak Dragonclaw because he likes to punch stuff.
Pac-Man is Kaya, Ghost Assassin for obvious reasons.
Shulk is Kytheon, Hero of Akros because he's a likable kid with great friends who ascends into a higher state of being with their help (albeit in a much grimmer sense of "help").
Duck Hunt is Isamaru, Hound of Konda because she's a doggo, and a hound at that.
Ryu is Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest, because he's a martial arts master from the Orient.
Cloud is Sorin Markov because he's emo.
Bayonetta is Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief, because she's a provocative goth witch.
Inkling is Lorthos, the Tidemaker since there are no legendary squids.
Simon is Odric, Lunarch Marshal because he's a holy crusader.
Joker is Estrid, the Masked, for obvious reasons.
Hero is Gerrard, Weatherlight Hero, because he's a prophecized hero of legend, and has "hero" in the name.
Banjo is Goreclaw, Terror of Qal Sisma because she's a bear.
Terry is Iwamori of the Open Fist for the same reasons as Ryu, but Iwamori is more energetic in the lore.
And finally, Sans is Temmet, Vizier of Naktamun because the only legendary skeleton is a ship, and a white blue undead seems to fit Sans' character. I need suggestions to make this a decent deck, so please help!
Last edited by Tman03 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

MeowZeDung
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by MeowZeDung » 4 years ago

Fun idea! A few suggestions:

- I'd start by editing your post so it isn't one huge wall of text. Some paragraph breaks and maybe a bulleted list of your legendary creatures and corresponding smash character would go a long way toward making it more readable and result in you getting more feedback.

- I assume you meant Sisay, Weatherlight Captain as the commander? Captain Sisay is much stronger for what you're trying to do since she doesn't limit you based on creature stats, but you need 5 colors. Or, loose house rules if you want to keep all those legends in the deck AND use her as commander.

- While the flavor is on point, you basically have a pile of good cards and no synergy beyond legends. Edric, memnarch, shalai, and bruse tarl all want to execute different gameplans, and You need to smooth that out somehow.

-You could just run a select handful of legends to represent the major SSB characters and non-legendaries that represent npcs or minions from their games. Or maybe even the characters themselves in some cases (Monastery Mentor or Ojutai Exemplars as ryu and Champion of the Flame as Ken for example. Wait, is ken even in ssb? You get the point). Either way, this would give you flexibility and synergy.

- What about two decks? A naya "good guy" deck w/ mario, link, samus, etc. and sultai "bad guy" deck w/ bowser, ganondorf, wario, etc. That would make for great on theme heads up kitchen table games and since you are building both that would solve for power level disparity.

Look forward to seeing what you do with it! If I hadn't already built my son a dino deck for Christmas I probably would have stolen this idea! Good luck!
Kykar primer and other active decks (click!)

Tman03
the aeons shmorn

I think, then, I'll go with Jodah, as our Sakurai. Also, I may change some things, such as Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker for Snake. And. I think I'm going to make those two decks. But I need to know what kind of synergies I should go for.

Tman03
the aeons shmorn

Bump

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”