Smeagol, Helping Himself to Your Precious Lands

yeti1069
Pronoun: he / him

Post by yeti1069 » 10 months ago

Opening The Lord of the Rings, I had some ideas of what I wanted to play with, and what I was looking for. In particular, I was looking forward to playing with the new precons (and am still waiting for them to be delivered), but Smeagol really surprised came out of nowhere to pique my interest.

Smeagol, Helping Himself to Your Precious Lands
Approximate Total Cost:

So far I've gotten two games in, and the deck was doing its thing in both. It's "thing" revolves around 'The Ring Tempts You', with the primary value being both milling an opponent and ramping a land from them. As such, I have some anti-graveyard tools, some punishers, and some landfall/land-centric cards.

To really get the deck humming, we want a sac outlet and fodder in order to trigger Smeagol each turn, and ideally want a way to do so multiple times per turn. Smeagol himself only really cares about 1 creature dying per turn, so anything that makes a body, or is easily recurred once is suitable. One of the strongest cards in the deck thus far has been his other half, Gollum, Patient Plotter. It needs some fodder of its own, but assuming some is available (the best being Scute Swarm), you can trigger Smeagol (and any other Tempt triggers) for every you can pay to cast Gollum, sac it to something, then activate it from the yard to sac something else and return it to hand. At minimum, this will get you a land and mill some cards from an opponent. Speaking of value...

Combos:
Sméagol, Helpful Guide + Gollum, Patient Plotter + Scute Swarm + Phyrexian Altar

Sméagol, Helpful Guide + Dúnedain Rangers + any landfall makes a creature + a free sac outlet

There are probably more. I don't want this to necessarily be a dedicated combo deck, but the first one above is going to help get you there even without being infinite.

The deck feels like it should be ramping at least one additional land basically every turn starting on turn 3 or 4, and can quickly get to making 2+ ramped lands/turn.

Bloodchief Ascension and Leyline of the Void are a nonbo, and I'm not sure whether I want to cut one, or just accept that they're both good here and sometimes I'll run into both together. Leyline helps cut players off from gaining value from my milling them, but would also preclude my getting additional value from milling them (like Rise). Notably, it doesn't stop me getting a land, since that's snatched from the reveal before everything goes to the yard.

Tenacious Underdog was surprisingly good in the first game, where I was able to keep running it into a blocker. Without a sac outlet or an opponent who is willing/foolish enough to block and kill it each turn, the blitz sac trigger will be too late for Smeagol's trigger.

Some stuff the deck needs:
Tireless Tracker - to provide a source of draw. In the first game, I ended up empty-handed for a few turns after some ridiculous removal. This would have helped.

More ways to get either Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth or another card to make optimal use out of the stolen lands (hitting off-color fetches sucks, and there's only so much generic mana to spend other off-color lands on).

Probably Rise of the Dark Realms. I've debated adding that to a few different decks, like Captain and [card="Henzie "Toolbox" Torre"]Henzie[/card], but felt like the former was struggling to get to that much mana at times, doesn't have haste, and has a hard time getting to 9+enough mana for interaction to stop the inevitable wipe afterward, while the latter doesn't do much to fill other yards other than a little removal, and also can't protect the scary board from a wipe. Smeagol, on the other hand, both fills yards, AND makes GOBS of mana.

Maybe more life gain. The Cavalier of Night and some food tokens I made off the Provisioner instead of treasure helped pay for life lost to Library and Call, as well as the combat hate I was getting for running away with things.

I don't have any land recursion to support The Gitrog Monster, which didn't matter much this game: basically, I swapped a land of mine for one of my opponent's each turn, then also added 0-2 of my own land drops, so I was still progressing.
Last edited by yeti1069 10 months ago, edited 6 times in total.

Tags:

yeti1069

Lotus Cobra - I found that I just wasn't dropping enough lands during my main phase to feel like it was worthwhile.
Nazgul - Just 1 wasn't enough to warrant the inclusion. If I get my hands on a few more of them, I might reconsider.
Gitrog - You can't sacrifice the lands you've stolen to draw (they go to your opponent's graveyard, not your own), and while I could sac my own lands, and still be ok land-wise thanks to those I was stealing, I felt like it just didn't do quite what I wanted.
Primordial - If I decide to lean into stealing from the graveyard I'm filling, I'll probably add in Rise of the Dark Realms.
Lightning Greaves - I didn't really feel like I needed haste, nor the protection. After a couple of Smeagol activations I should be ok on mana to recast my commander, and there aren't that many pieces I care that much about.
Spawning Pit - May come back in. For the time being, I didn't feel like I needed an additional sac outlet, and I never activated it to make a token, but that may change with more games.
Vraska - I'm not necessarily set up well to protect planeswalkers that don't protect themselves, and the threat of its ultimate grossly outweighed its incremental value.

Repo - More recursion.
Rider - More removal.
Scrying - More ways to get Urborg (or Yavimaya, once I get one). These lands are important to make better use of the lands I'm stealing.
Pact - Much more removal.
Tracker - More draw. I've only gotten this in one game, but I also got a couple of other card advantage pieces, and I didn't end up sacrificing any clues. If I find that's the case a few times, I'll cut this.
Moldervine - More draw. More life gain.
On the Chopping Block
Approximate Total Cost:

These are under consideration for removal mostly due to being underwhelming so far.
Leyline is a nonbo with a couple of the ways I can kill players, such as Bloodchief Ascension (this won me my last game).
The Curse while inexpensive, makes tokens that can't block. Although they can kill themselves, I think I'd rather have blockers.
Bitterblossom's life loss can be a problem if I get out to a slowish start, and in any case, the deck doesn't block large tramplers, flyers, or wide boards well.

Tenacious Underdog has been fantastic here! I don't LOVE having to pay 4 mana to draw a card, but having the option, along with a sometimes relevant attacker, and a body to feed to Smeagol's hunt for the ring has been good. It's also a decent mana sink for when I have a lot of lands.

Could probably use a few more pieces of removal tacked onto creatures, and some additional recursion to get back utility pieces, but so far the deck has been fun!

yeti1069

Added Sheoldred // The True Scriptures and scapeshift (have other cuts/adds to track, but not just yet).

Game report! vs Frodo, Adventurous Hobbit/ Sam, Loyal Attendant, Frodo/Sam (yeah, two of them!), and Zurgo Helmsmasher.

Got started early with a mana dork into an Awakening Zone. Followed that up with Smeagol and Altar of Dementia, then Rampaging Baloths. On the following turn, I dropped a Nazgul, got a land, then cast Scapeshift, sacrificing 6 of my 7 lands (3 weren't mine) to get Cabal Coffers, Urborg, Field of the Dead, Bog, Temple, and some other tapped land. Passed turn with 8 4/4 beasts and 7 2/2 zombies.

In response to The Battle of Bywater I sacrificed all my big guys to mill that player for a ton (46) of cards. Next turn, dropped Smeagol again, made another zombie, blitzed Tenacious Underdog to draw a card. Smeagol got removed before I got to end step, but I had 4 mana up still, so I blitzed Underdog again. In this turn cycle, one player blew up my Altar, and in response I milled out the first F/S player before their turn came up. I got some beats that came my way (fair), but had zombie chumps and some interaction to keep the worst off of me. With Coffers I had enough mana to recast Smeagol and blitz the Underdog for a few turns. Zurgo player wiped the board when F/S had almost enough damage to kill me on their following turn, so maybe a mistake.

As everyone began building up again, I drew Sheoldred, which set them back, then I flipped her as well, which cleared the board the rest of the way. The next chapter got rid of a lot of interaction. Zurgo held back a Disenchant until the last chapter ability was on the stack, which was a mistake. They had an ETB board wipe creature in their yard, so figured I wouldn't get to keep anything anyway, but that meant I: a) got Sheoldred back with her trigger, and b) got 3 yards worth of creatures with the 1 downside being I'd lose them all once the stack resolved. Well, thanks to F/S, I gained about 25 life, made 2 foods, an 8/8 creature, and some other minor stuff, I got back the Baloth, Nazgul, Rec Sage, and some other pieces from my yard, and got a Sun Titan from Zurgo, which got back my Altar. Got a ring trigger, land, and 2 bodies, paid to flip Sheoldred again, then sacrificed everything to mill Zurgo for about 70 cards. Before he could count his library out, they both scooped.

Definitely feel like I need more card draw still, and seriously considering Rise of the Dark Realms.

yeti1069

Not sure Retreat to Hagra does enough here. For sure, bolstering my life total is relevant, as I've become the archenemy in nearly every game I've played with the deck so far (people hate mill), but over the course of this whole game, I think I would have done about 20 damage to everyone if I'd had it out on t1. More realistically, it was probably about 12 if it came after the Scapeshift. That's decent, but it's only relevant if I have another significant source of damage online.

The mana dorks I'm also reconsidering somewhat. Smeagol on t2 instead of t3 isn't super relevant, since I need a creature to die. Smeagol on 3 with 1 mana and a board to sac to something is a little more relevant, but I'm not sure how necessary they are. By the same token, I'm not sure I need Arcane Signet, Farseek, or Nature's Lore. The latter 2 I'm likely to hold onto since I do care about landfall triggers. This might actually be a good spot for Entish Restoration since I'll usually have that 4 power. 3 landfalls for 3 mana seems pretty good.

Dunharrow

Post by Dunharrow » 10 months ago

I never really thought much of this card but this seems really interesting.
Can't think of much to change, but I think you missed Phyrexian Tower
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

yeti1069

Dunharrow wrote:
10 months ago
I never really thought much of this card but this seems really interesting.
Can't think of much to change, but I think you missed Phyrexian Tower
For sure. I think all my copies are in other decks (I really do play too much ), so I'll have to proxy one.

It's been a lot of fun! Interestingly, I had been playing a lot of Captain N'ghathrod recently, and was kind of concerned about going into the same milling space, but it plays very differently. Also makes me wish Realmbreaker, the Invasion Tree didn't look so clunky.

I'm pretty happy with the fact that I've won some games now with mill, combo, aristocrats triggers (had a ton of Scute Swarms and a Zulaport Cutthroat out), and a huge swarm of creatures.

yeti1069

Lot's of changes. I'll just comment on the highlights:
Realized I don't necessarily need that many ramp pieces here, and the mana dorks and Signet are poor draws later in the game most of the time. I do have a few ways to spend the dork bodies for value, but I'm going to try without them. Rushing Smeagol out on t2 doesn't do anything if I can't have a creature die that turn anyway. Blood Pet comes in for 1 dork for the distinction of being able to ramp Smeagol out on turn 2 with a trigger.

Animate Dead comes in over Reanimate for 2 reasons: I've got back on the amount of lifegain I have in the deck, and I have the ability to recur an enchantment more than I do for a sorcery. That said, there's a good chance I change this for Rise of the Dark Realms at some point.

The Meathook Massacre (finally got one!) comes in for Make an Example. The one-sidedness of MAE is great, but Meathook can be a game-ending spell if I have a large army of Scutes or some such, is a little easier to recur (same as Animate Dead), and continues to provide value as the game goes on.

Dauthi Voidwalker is in for Leyline since I have a few wincons that are based on cards hitting the graveyard, and Leyline can be awkward with those, whereas Dauthi is much easier to get rid of if I need to open graveyards back up.

Nylea's Intervention is basically a better Sylvan Scrying: for 1 more mana it does the same thing, but scales with more mana (and I have a few lands I'd like to tutor for), then also has an alternate mode of dealing with flyers, which I'm otherwise weak against.

Trying Entish Restoration here since I will usually have a 4-power creature in play from turn 2 or 3 onward, and there are a few landfall effects in the deck that will benefit greatly from 3 lands coming in. I also don't have many other places I'd want to run it at the moment. This comes in for Nature's Lore since the deck should be able to deal with fetching basics over duals fairly well.

Sheoldred has been fantastic in the one game I've drawn and played it, and this deck probably makes better use of it than even Captain N'ghathrod. Captain mills more, but has a glut of 5+ mana spells already, less removal, and waaaaay less ramp. Smeagol also isn't concerned with creature type the way Captian is, so having a rando Phyrexian Praetor doesn't mean anything here.

I've also added in a few more ways to Tempt during my turn to try and get more triggers, as well as Amulet of Vigor to make use of those lands right away. I can definitely see this going up on Nazgul, and possibly adding Bloodbond March and/or Pack Hunt or similar spells. The prohibitive cost of the riders has meant that I haven't been trying to hard to find a place for them, but it's something I'd like to do, and the only other commander that I feel would make good use of them is Sauron, the Dark Lord, which I'm also working on (as a replacement to Sauron, the Lord of the Rings as face commander for the precon.

I'm going to try Dread Presence with the hope that I can get Urborg on the field regularly, but it may not last long.

yeti1069

Brief highlights from a game:

Meathook was understandably amazing. What a busted card! Actually had it countered on the first cast, but on the following turn I cast Urborg Repossession to get back Eternal Witness and a Reclamation Sage (more on this below). Witness got back Meathook, and I was able to wipe the board on the second attempt. Got cracked pretty hard after that, but managed to kind of stabilize, in part thanks to other players being more threatening.

Definitely found that at times I didn't have enough draw, didn't have the ability to sacrifice a creature (and people were not blocking anything) and couldn't make fodder. Part of the last was putting Curse of the Restless Dead on an opponent since I kept a 1-land, Sol Ring hand after mulliganing to 6. Probably should have gone to 5, but this seemed workable. In a VERY long game, that player only managed to drop 7 lands. Not great. Tireless Tracker DID actually show up and draw me some cards this game, which I was thankful for as some justification for its inclusion. Moldervine Reclamation eventually came out and was fantastic as well.

Reclamation Sage could be a self-sacrificing removal piece, which would help with Smeagol, but leaving a body behind meant that I had fodder to sac later, AND it carries the Ring fairly well as a 2-power skulker I don't care about dying.

Blood Artist and Meathook knocked each player down, one by one as we crept across hour 2.

I also cut Dread Presence for Ringwraiths for a few reasons. First, in this game, I ended with only 3 Swamps in play and no Urborg in sight, which meant it was a totally dead 4-drop. Ick! Second, I just got Ringwraiths, I want to try them out, and it was going to be here, Food and Fellowship, or Hosts of Mordor--Frodo and Sam don't need to be spending 6 mana on some minor removal, and Sauron doesn't get tempted regularly enough. Here, I should be getting them back to hand almost every turn cycle, which brings me to.... Third, I often end up low on cards in hand, and the Ring attack trigger to loot can be kind of difficult. Even if I'm not casting and using the Ringwraiths, they can act as a psuedo-Squee, Goblin Nabob. Finally, they're some additional removal, and reach (if murdering smaller legendaries), and provide (slow, expensive) repeatable sac fodder.

I'm also considering Sauron, the Necromancer here. I'd rather run that in the Mordor deck, but as I mentioned above, I don't consistently get tempts with the ring, and that deck has kind of an identity issue, so it's only partway in on reanimator, thereby not having a lot of targets (and the ones I'd want, I don't want to be exiling, and don't want to be shrinking). Smeagol meanwhile has a number of utility bodies hitting the yard and relatively little reanimation, so this looks like a pretty decent card here. Frodo and Sam could use it, but Fordo wants to be carrying the ring most of the time.

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 9 months ago

Sometimes you just make a TON of Scute Swarms and sacrifice them to dig with Viscera Seer/Woe Strider until you find Blood Artist. Then blitz and sac Tenacious Underdog to draw a card and finish the table with your 100+ Scute deaths.

Chromaticus
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Chromaticus » 9 months ago

This seems like a good deck for Meren of Clan Nel Toth — you have so many dudes that want to die.

yeti1069

Chromaticus wrote:
9 months ago
This seems like a good deck for Meren of Clan Nel Toth — you have so many dudes that want to die.
I'd always felt like Meren outside of the command zone was just a lightning rod for removal, and then the value is gone, but it may be the right call to put her in. This actually WAS a Meren deck that I took apart to make this.

Chromaticus

That makes sense — there's a lot of Meren style cards in there.

yeti1069

Chromaticus wrote:
9 months ago
That makes sense — there's a lot of Meren style cards in there.
For the time being, I'm liking this a little more than Meren, which I never thought I'd say (Meren had been my longest-running EDH deck). It's more focused, with a fairly clear game plan, so I don't have quite the pile of cards I want to include. It's also less oppressive, less focused on a combo win, and less of an archenemy lightning rod every game (although people get irrationally tilted by mill).

I do really want to see what the deck runs like with 7-9 Nazgul and cards like Bloodbond March, Bifurcate, Pack Hunt, and/or March of Burgeoning Life. Kind of wish Verdant Succession wasn't restricted to green creatures. I definitely don't think I'd want to run all of those in the deck at once, and not sure what I'd be cutting to make room. Bifurcate and MoBL I won, but I think I'd only run the latter. Bloodbond has me reminiscing about playing Ravnica on MTGO, and looks very strong here. Then there's 5-7 slots going to more Nazgul. What to cut?

Chromaticus

How is the feeling when you knock someone out after having built your mana up withe their resources?

That's always been a concern of mine with decks that rely on theft / playing other people's spells.

yeti1069

Chromaticus wrote:
9 months ago
How is the feeling when you knock someone out after having built your mana up withe their resources?

That's always been a concern of mine with decks that rely on theft / playing other people's spells.
Hasn't really been an issue so far. I try to get lands from everyone, and make sure to tap borrowed lands first when applicable. I also added Scapeshift to cash in all the lands I've stolen for my own resources. So far, if someone has been eliminated first, I've lost 1-3 lands, but those have been useful resources until they're gone. I'll also start targeting other players if it seems like someone is getting low/targeted for player removal heavily.

yeti1069

Chromaticus wrote:
9 months ago

To add to this, it has occasionally been an issue in Captain N'ghathrod, usually when someone has scooped at an inopportune moment, on the whole, however, since the deck doesn't rely on the stolen pieces to progress, it normally isn't too bad.

yeti1069

One of the interesting aspects of this deck is that it plays a bunch of objectively threatening cards, like Bloodchief Ascension alongside unassuming "junk" like Curse of the Restless Dead and Dúnedain Rangers, so unless someone knows what to look out for specifically, removal tends to get aimed at the cards that don't necessarily win me the game.

That said, I'm winning a fair number of games off the Dunedain Rangers combo, even sometimes without actively searching for pieces. If this becomes fairly consistent I may drop it to make the deck a little less consistent.

yeti1069

Just had a great game!

Well, a pretty good one. One opponent was playing / Friends Forever partners, had a fast start, and then another opponent cast a Wrath and the guy scooped (the Wrath hit me as I was building up, and the last player). This was on turn 4, I think.

Anyway, mono-white Rebels was doing everything it could to stop me from getting even ONE Smeagol trigger. My Guide got removed, named for Nevermore, and removed two more times. Also saw a few hatebear pieces that affected me and not at all the enchantress/auras player, so I had to keep spending all of my removal on the mono-white guy to just be able to play, leaving auras pretty free to do their thing. I wiped once with a Meathook Massacre, which helped keep everyone's life totals in check, somewhat.

That said, I managed to get out a couple of landfall=token cards along with a sac outlet and Moldervine Reclamation to keep the cards flowing. Eventually, auras loaded up Light-Paws, Emperor's Voice to be something like a 67/69 flying, life link, double strike, vigilance, indestructible, hexproof, protection from all colors monster, and came swinging at me (we realized the following turn that he couldn't have added any auras after Spectra Ward (I think), but it didn't end up making too big a difference. He swung my way, while I was at 65 life, so i channeled the Boseiju I had been holding in hand to remove the double strike (if he couldn't have added flying, I would have removed the protection, chumped, and sacrificed the blocker), then fetched a land to make a couple more bodies, and sacrificed a handful to pad my life a little and draw some cards. I went down to 5, and he went up to something like 76.

Mono-white didn't have much. On my turn, I went big on Cabal Coffers after playing a Nazgul and trying for another tempt card to get some more lands and bodies in play. Brought back another Nazgul and enchantment removal with Agadeem's Awakening for X=3. then floated some mana and cast Scapeshift for 11 lands, keeping Urborg, Coffers, and Field of the Dead. After I generated 22 more tokens, on top of the roughly a dozen I already had, I dropped a Blood Artist and Altar of Dementia. life loss was pointed at mono-white, while I milled the enchantress for about 60 cards. Game. Set. Match.

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 8 months ago

Brief report;

Constant Mists and Sheoldred // The True Scriptures FTW! Got knocked down to 5 life from a huge fling, and some combat damage I was tapped out for. Then the board got wiped, by the player at 1 life, but I had stolen a man-land from another player, so I animated it and swung to finish him off.
After that I had to keep back 2 mana every turn to hold off the Halana and Alena, Partners deck that could finish me off with a sneeze! Managed to get Sheoldred. Flipped it the following turn, and he couldn't find removal before it brought back all the yards, which gave me enough to finish him from about 28 life.

I will note that with one player leaving early (and taking lands I'd stolen with them), and another casting Decimate to blow up a Rotfarm and Sol Ring, then having to Constant Mists for several turns, and not drawing any, I was too low to recast Smeagol, which was seeming to be a countdown to death as I kept going lower and lower on lands.

Also, The Ring Goes South was a big play earlier with Smeagol, Jadar, and a zombie token ring-bearer out, it got me 3 lands, then a 4th off the Smeagol trigger. Pretty solid for 4 mana.

Chromaticus

Post by Chromaticus » 8 months ago

Trying to build this deck on Arena for historic brawl —

I'm really torn between the aristocrats style and going straight into tempt cards. Preliminary games have shown that it's more difficult to get a self sac online by the turn 3 Sméagol.

I'm wondering if it might be better to try to enable a turn 4 Sméagol with turn three being the set-up turn in a lot of cases.

yeti1069

Chromaticus wrote:
8 months ago
Trying to build this deck on Arena for historic brawl —

I'm really torn between the aristocrats style and going straight into tempt cards. Preliminary games have shown that it's more difficult to get a self sac online by the turn 3 Sméagol.

I'm wondering if it might be better to try to enable a turn 4 Sméagol with turn three being the set-up turn in a lot of cases.
I have this on Historic Brawl as well. It's rough, because all the removal gets aimed at Smeagol. Jadar is an all-star in the deck for curving into Smeagol and generating a trigger every turn. I added the 1-mana self-sac creature that has an opponent discard a card (can't recall the name). That's been ok. Mostly, yeah, a lot of the self-sac stuff costs a mana, so it's either ramp on 1 or 2 to be able to play Smeagol and kill something on 3, or do more setup on 3 to drop Smeagol on 4.

Chromaticus

Post by Chromaticus » 8 months ago

What are you playing as your top end on brawl? If you have a list (or screenshot) I'd be very interested in it.

yeti1069

Chromaticus wrote:
8 months ago
What are you playing as your top end on brawl? If you have a list (or screenshot) I'd be very interested in it.
Just exported here. Not going through formatting it at the moment.

I will also note, I %$#% hate Arena, and if I weren't so bored at work, I'd have left it deleted. Historic Brawl is so miserable to play unless running something akin to a cEDH deck.

Smeagol does ok, but more often than not, every game I play with any deck goes kind of the same way:
--Playing vs Sultai: can be doing well, even on way to winning, until they resolve Emergent Ultimatum, often as early as turn 5, with 0 tutoring.
--Playing vs Dimir: Rusko grinds with drain and all the interaction until their (psuedo)card advantage overwhelms, or they find Paradox Engine.
--Playing vs any planeswalker commander: simply being able to replay the walker turn after turn accrues too much value to outpace with regular cards, plus all the board wipes/delaying tactics that don't affect walkers.
--Playing vs Etali: ramp into t3/t4 Etali, then recast Etali every turn if I've had removal, or else it turns into Blightsteel and swings for the win the following turn.
--Playing vs 4-color: Atraxa ramps and interacts, then restocks with a tremendous threat and carries away the game.

...and that's basically 95% of the games I get to play. I've got decks running a ton of interaction and fair amount of draw, but they just cannot keep up with any of the common decks I'm running into constantly unless they have a slow start and I have a perfect one.
Decklist

Commander

Deck

1 Gollum's Bite (LTR) 85
1 Nazgûl (LTR) 339
1 Nazgûl (LTR) 338
1 Nazgûl (LTR) 337
1 Nazgûl (LTR) 336
1 Nazgûl (LTR) 335
1 Nazgûl (LTR) 334
1 Nazgûl (LTR) 333
1 Nazgûl (LTR) 100
1 Village Rites (STA) 35
1 Bombadil's Song (LTR) 154
1 Dúnedain Rangers (LTR) 159
1 Woe Strider (THB) 123
1 Blood Artist (JMP) 206
1 Sheoldred (MOM) 125
1 Phyrexian Tower (JMP) 493
1 Haywire Mite (BRO) 199
1 Outland Liberator (MID) 190
1 Shambling Ghast (AFR) 119
1 Bloodghast (IMA) 82
1 Elvish Mystic (M14) 169
1 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
1 Lotus Cobra (ZNR) 193
1 Scute Swarm (ZNR) 203
1 Zendikar's Roil (JMP) 448
1 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
1 Casualties of War (WAR) 187
1 Blooming Marsh (KLR) 280
1 Darkbore Pathway (KHM) 254
1 Deathcap Glade (VOW) 261
1 Llanowar Wastes (BRO) 264
1 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
1 Temple of Malady (M21) 253
1 Woodland Cemetery (DAR) 248
1 Woodland Chasm (KHM) 274
1 Barad-dûr (LTR) 253
1 Bojuka Bog (WWK) 132
1 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
1 Bala Ged Recovery (ZNR) 180
1 Tear Asunder (DMU) 183
1 Orcish Bowmasters (LTR) 103
1 Hope of Ghirapur (KLR) 243
1 Dark Ritual (STA) 26
1 Eaten Alive (MID) 99
1 The One Ring (LTR) 246
1 Scavenger Grounds (AKR) 328
1 Into the North (CSP) 111
1 Arcane Signet (ELD) 331
1 Tooth and Nail (MMA) 170
1 Diabolic Intent (BRO) 89
1 Crippling Fear (KHM) 82
1 Liliana's Steward (M21) 111
1 Sheoldred's Edict (ONE) 108
1 Plaguecrafter (GRN) 82
1 Carrier Thrall (J21) 47
1 Primeval Titan (M11) 192
1 Cultivate (STA) 51
1 Vat of Rebirth (ONE) 113
Approximate Total Cost:

Moxnix

Post by Moxnix » 8 months ago

I just built this guy for my son birthing pod is really good here. Even sticking to lotr theme and playing cards like gollums bite the commander is really strong and his deck goes nuts fast.

yeti1069

Post by yeti1069 » 2 months ago

Moxnix wrote:
8 months ago
I just built this guy for my son birthing pod is really good here. Even sticking to lotr theme and playing cards like gollums bite the commander is really strong and his deck goes nuts fast.
It can do some silly things, yeah. Do you have a list?

I've made some edits to mine that I haven't updated yet, but even after doing so I feel like I need more draw. Just had a game where the only draw I had all game was the looting from the ring--every trigger got me a land, which I discarded.

I did get to cast Rise of the Dark Realms for the first time ever, which won the game on the spot, as it got me something that provided haste to all creatures, Jetmir, and 14 other creatures on top of my board of 3 Nazgul, 5 zombies, and Smeagol. So that was kind of fun.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”