Samwise Gamgee: Power, Potatoes, and Promises

Kingofsouls
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Kingofsouls » 6 months ago

Sergeant John is definitely a great early game play. Late? Eh....not so much.

War of the Last Alliance is also two tutors for pretty much everything, so I don't see it as weird to compare it to Norn.

Tags:

Jahns
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Jahns » 3 months ago

I'm curious, do you have an updated deck list? I built a LotR only Samwise commander deck. While I have a lot of fun with it and it is full of flavor, it generally doesn't pop off like I would want it to. I was looking at creating a deck with a little more bite, so I'm curious how your deck is running/looking like after 6 months of testing.

Map217
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Map217 » 3 months ago

Found this thread a week or so ago when I was polishing my own samwise deck. Figured I would drop my own list here for people to see.

https://archidekt.com/decks/4958800/potato_turbo

I do notably want to point out the cheap artifacts that sac themselves to draw cards. Being able to redeem 3 foods to draw a card has felt extremely good whenever I find access to the cards since you often do just have that pile of random food sitting around.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 3 months ago

I don't see a lot lists playing Shigeki, Jukai Visionary. Channeled Shigeki seems real, real good to recur with Samwise, even in a deck playing a higher density of legendaries than normal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”