Henzie's Toolbox of Terror

yeti1069
Pronoun: he / him

Post by yeti1069 » 11 months ago

What a game!!!!!

Facing down Thalia and The Gitrog Monster, Scion of the Ur-Dragon, and Ziatora, the Incinerator. T+G shuts off a ton of my deck. Blitzed out a few things to try and slow people down and draw cards. Finally got to a Living Death. Ran Henzie into a blocker, sent him to graveyard, then cast LD. T+G lost their whole board, while the other two players didn't get much back. Ziatora lost a Junji, and had everyone discard 2. Dropped a Bojuka Bog for T+G. Next turn cycle, I blitz out Goreclaw and Ancient Brass Dragon, swing in and roll a 19! Reanimate my Kardur, mana dork, and Chainer (discarded to Junji trigger), the Junji from Z, Dragonborn Champion from Z, and Rivaz of the Claw from Scion. Z shot the Dragonborn I had stolen after he swung 8 at me.

At some point T+G muttered they only had 1 card in hand, and it was NOT fun. I think for a moment, and feel like it must be a Farewell. Total shot in the dark, but that's my guess. Anyway, they untap, draw off a Phyrexian Arena putting them at 2 cards in hand, then I sac Junji before they draw their next card, having everyone discard. Farewell, Farewell!!!! Called it! On my next turn, I draw Karlach, have Zopandrel and my own Junji in hand, along with an Assassin's Trophy. Pitch Trophy to Chainer, blitz Goreclaw out of the yard, blitz Junji, make everyone discard 2. Blitz Zopandrel, and blitz Karlach.

Didn't do the math then, but...
Combat 1:
Zopandrel - 8
Karlach - 10
Kardur - 8
Henzie - 6
Goreclaw - 8
Attack trigger from Goreclaw adds +1/+1 to everybody: 45 damage on first swing
Combat 2:
Zopandrel - 18
Karlach - 22
Kardur - 18
Henzie - 14
Goreclaw - 18
Attack trigger: 95 damage on second swing, for a total of 190.

Tags:

yeti1069
Pronoun: he / him

Post by yeti1069 » 11 months ago

Chromaticus wrote:
11 months ago
I gave away my Henzie "Toolbox" Torre deck to a friend that has since moved away. Heartless Summoning always did work whenever it showed up, and I loved playing Kokusho, the Evening Star for the nostalgia.
I hadn't thought too hard about Koko Puffs, since I had it in another deck, but some Henzie players were talking it up, so I figured I could pull it from Meren.

Heartless I don't own, but could get. It just seemed like removing my mana dorks was going to be a net negative (either in the deck, or when it comes out), and I didn't like the idea of shrinking my beat sticks, when combat is how I'm going to get there. It may be the right call at some point, but I'm not there yet.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”