Yarok, the Desecrated - ETB Value, Pod, & Infinite Mana

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

So let me tell you about some of the fun I've been having with my Yarok deck. Woodland Bellower has been an all star. A common play goes as follows: Yarok on the field, Bellower comes down, gets Wood Elves and Farhaven Elf which each trigger twice, get four more lands. And I've pulled that off with Field of the Dead and/or Ob-Nixilis, the Fallen on the field. It's. Been. Freakin'. Crazy.

Last night, I drained someone for 24 life just from Ob in one turn. Also last night, I was able to finally have Deadeye Navigator stick around instead of dying immediately. I was able to respond to Blasphemous Act by blinking Agent of Treachery to steal an Akroma's Memorial. This commander is really fun to pilot.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Tags:

cfusionpm
With that on the stack...
Pronoun: he / him

Post by cfusionpm » 4 years ago

Do you think Agent of Treachery is better than the untaps of plain old Treachery?

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

If I had a copy of Treachery, I'd probably run both. Agent steals stuff that you get to keep regardless of what happens to the the agent itself. Between blinking it, as well as other theft cards like Gonti and Hostage Taker, it draws cards pretty reliably, too. Treachery would be awesome, but I'm not too disappointed by its absence.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

I would absolutely run both in Yarok 100% of the time. Double take possession is going to win games, but untap 10 lands is going to win games too.

Agent and Treachery are both insane in Aminatou so I see no reason they would not be great here.

teoch89

Post by teoch89 » 4 years ago

with theros release what about adding something like Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath and maybe Thassa, Deep-Dwelling ?

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

I think that's a pretty good idea. I particularly like Uro for Yarok. 6 life, 2 cards, and potentially two lands ETB is pretty solid.

The list that I've been seriously tinkering with. I want it to be slightly Phyrexian themed, hence some of the card choices. I find Yarok to be pretty Phyrexian in terms of his card art (seriously, he/it could be Elesh Norn's partner/mate) and I recently took apart all of my decks.

My list, as it currently stands:
Phyrexian Yarok

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Then, a more cEDH list because I'm a compulsive deck builder:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Decklist

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

cfusionpm
With that on the stack...

Post by cfusionpm » 4 years ago

teoch89 wrote:
4 years ago
with theros release what about adding something like Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath and maybe Thassa, Deep-Dwelling ?
Been out of it for so long, I lost track of this thread!

I have definitely made the strict upgrade of Closet --> Thassa. The only reason I haven't found room for an Uro is I didn't want to shell out the $50 they cost right now. LOL. Otherwise, I'd be all about it.

I'm definitely not cEDH and love my build for the grindy toolbox it usually plays out as. I'm fairly good with my current list, as pictured at the bottom of the previous page (with the Thassa swap).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”