A Feast For Hobbits; Frodo & Sam's Meals on the Go

yeti1069
Pronoun: he / him

Post by yeti1069 » 9 months ago

OH-KAY! SO! Ratadrabik of Urborg was phenomenal in its first outing, as were Chatterfang, Squirrel General and Thalisse, Reverent Medium ! Had an opponent board wipe while I had out Frodo, Sam, Bennie, Gyome, Thalisse, Chatterfang, and Gollum, along with some mana dorks and Ratadabrik. All the other legends came back as 2/2s, Chatterfang made 6 squirrels from seeing the other legends enter (I think it actually should have been 7, from seeing himself enter, but not positive...I think the replacement effect would have had to happen before he was on the field). Anyway, at end step Thalisse made 13 1/1 flyers, and Bennie drew me a card. Next turn, I drew Motivated Pony with 26 other creatures out, and just enough mana to remove Baeloth (remove his goad), drop Pony, sac a food, and swing.
Ratadabrik having ward 2 was relevant, because it meant the player didn't have the mana to both wipe and spot remove him, and they felt they needed to remove everything, not realizing I was going to basically get my whole board back and then some!
This was also a game that showcased what I've found more often with the deck than going empty on cards--mana being the bottleneck. I drew into basically the entire top of my curve (Gwaihir, Gyome, Thalisse, Archangel of Thune), but just dropping lands and a couple dorks meant I never had the mana to really play much of it, and I was constantly over 7 cards at EOT.
On my last turn, I ALSO had the option of casting Agadeem's Awakening for X=5 to return 5 creatures from my yard, if I hadn't drawn the Pony. I think that would have been Gilded Goose, Gollum, Chatterfang, Gyome, and one of Thalisse, Thune, or Gwaihir. With the Ratadabrik tokens losing legendary, that would be quite the series of doubled triggers!
Oh! And I'm a dolt! Totally forgot that Thalisse's spirits should have ALSO made that mana squirrels! So I should have had another 13 of those as well.

Tags:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”