Teysa aristocrats deck help.

Jesterbones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Jesterbones » 2 years ago

I'm making a teysa deck. It's my first aristocrats deck I have about 94 cards and the other cards I have in the maybeboard can go in it. Looking for suggestions on what to add or if I should remove something. Trying to streamline it. Thanks for the help

https://archidekt.com/decks/2082863

Tags:

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

Decklist

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by pokken 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

pokken

Qs

Do you have enough humans to support Xathrid Necromancer?

Phyrexian Altar out of budget?

For having not many draw spells and a 2.94 curve, I think you are playing too few lands or too few draw spells or too little fixing. I'd like to see a Tithe or Night's Whisper or a couple creatures that draw a card on etb. Maybe a Recruiter of the Guard to find a draw spell dude like haruspex? . Maybe Boreas Charger.

Mookie
Answers: 48

Post by Mookie » 2 years ago

One point of feedback I'll give is that you have a lot of redundancy for some effects - I see around five Blood Artist variants (Cruel Celebrant, Zulaport Cutthroat, Falkenrath Noble, and Vindictive Vampire). An easy way to make some space is to narrow it down to your favorite two or three - you can always add back more later.

Similar story for Doomed Traveler / Doomed Dissenter / Hunted Witness / Tithe Taker / Orzhov Enforcer.

As for cards to add... if you're looking for a combo focus, recursive creatures like Karmic Guide / Reveillark tend to work well in an aristocrats shell. Alternatively, you could add some more juicy death triggers like Kokusho, the Evening Star and Vindictive Lich. I'd also say it's hard to go wrong with more card draw - Welcoming Vampire, Smothering Abomination, Corpse Augur, and Morbid Opportunist are all solid options.

I'll also point to my Teysa, Orzhov Scion primer if you're looking for more ideas. It looks like you're running Teysa Karlov as your commander, but they definitely have a lot of overlap.

Jesterbones

Well the maybeboard got included on that decklist posted. Xathrid was on my maybeboard because I felt 11 humans wasn't enough to support that. haruspex is in there. I actually just purchased a recruiter of the guard as an option. I couldn't bring myself to spend 75 on phyrexian altar. Probably a future add. Also just purchased the orzhov dual from crimson vow.

To mookie; the overlap there was I was planning on sacking low mana afterlife creatures to make double the tokens with teysa. Then scion is a payoff for white and black creatures but I see your point with blood artist redundancy. Also again some were in the maybeboard. I'll take a look at your primer.

pokken

Weird sorry I thought I told it not to include the maybeboard! Archidekt is confusing :)

Jesterbones

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
Weird sorry I thought I told it not to include the maybeboard! Archidekt is confusing :)
Haha it's all good.! The maybeboard stuff is kinda sitting to the side and I have it there and I'm curious I guess how to get it to 100 without being too redundant. Or what more to concentrate on. More recursion or. Like if I had phyrexian altar id immediately remove fanatical devotion. It's not bad, but it's just a cute sack outlet. It's definitely a future upgrade. The mana base could also use some beefing. Maybe witch's cottage and couple more utility lands. But I kinda just threw that together.

pokken

Sadistic Hypnotist seems not super fun for anyone and kinda slow. I'd slot it out for something like Clattering Augur or Wall of Omens.

Otherwise I think the deck looks fine to start playtesting. You're gonna find the manabase a little rough probably, but not too bad. With that basic count you could probably support Terrain Generator

Jesterbones

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
Sadistic Hypnotist seems not super fun for anyone and kinda slow. I'd slot it out for something like Clattering Augur or Wall of Omens.

Otherwise I think the deck looks fine to start playtesting. You're gonna find the manabase a little rough probably, but not too bad. With that basic count you could probably support Terrain Generator
Yeah I'm still waiting on the fetchable snow dual and the new dual from crimson vow. Then possibly add a Marsh flats. I was trying to avoid tap lands and hoping things like archaeomancer's map would help sword of the animist is a possibility if I find it too slow.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”