Sarulf, Realm Eater

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 3 years ago

So I'm trying to brew a Sarulf deck and am thinking of going with something like this:
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

What do you guys think?
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Tags:

NZB2323
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by NZB2323 » 3 years ago

Actually since Golgari is such a strong color combination, Sarulf could become the archnemesis, and I shouldn't spend too much money, I may build a peasant version of this deck that plays only commons and uncommons in the 99. Something like:

So I'm trying to brew a Sarulf deck and am thinking of going with something like this:

What do you guys think?
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

weltkrieg
Pronoun: he / him

Post by weltkrieg » 3 years ago

I don't know that I would build a peasant version, though I can certainly see a lower powered version. I would consider running a cards that often aren't considered for this style of deck that would be helpful.

For example there are a number of lands that add +1/+1 counters to your creatures and aren't terribly expensive or overpowered.
You could likewise add in Sanctum of Eternity to reset your commander to trigger these lands.
You could also consider going with manlands. There are a number of them, so I won't list them all. Additionally, you could consider some awaken cards that synergize well with your commander. In particular, Earthen Arms would be quite a good card I think (or possibly Ruinous Path ).

Ordeal of Erebos and Ordeal of Nylea might be good additions for +1/+1 counters and utility.

There are a number of them, but Hunt the Weak and the other fight effects are likely to be quite good in here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”