Mono green artifacts

duducrash
Still Learning
Pronoun: he / him

Post by duducrash » 2 years ago

My friends had this idea of using a randomizer way of building decks. Some colors/color combinations and archetypes. And one of my friends got Mono G Artifacts, we laughed and he rerolled. But I keep thinking about it. I can't get much traction besides : Put a bunch of swords on Toski or Thrun and swing in. but I have a small small idea.

Ugin's Nexus Solemn Simulacrum Filigree Familiar Circuit Mender all gain value from leaving the battlefield. Something green is quite good at doing is dealing with artifacts. I was thinking about building something arround destroying my own artifacts with Glissa Sunseeker at the helm.

Ugin's Nexus + Karn, the Great Creator goes hard right?

I can also fit a +1/+1 counter subtheme I guess.

What do you all think? any sugestions?

Tags:

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 2 years ago

:?

I don't see this leading anywhere other than... sadness and despair. DON'T GO THERE!

I think i would just do Glissa, the Traitor and ignore the random generator. Green artifacts, but you at least are using a decent engine and doing similar things but less janky. My 2 cents.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 2 years ago

I think your best result is a bad Osgir, the Reconstructor deck. Glissa not having haste or easily getting multiple activations is not great. You still get synergy with Mycosynth Wellspring or Ichor Wellspring, but….green has better options than those. It's a bummer/fair that Viridian Revel only cares about opponents. You do get Fangren Marauder.

Long ago I thought about it with Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter but bailed on it. I had much more success with Multani, Maro-Sorcerer using tons of Howling Mine effects (almost all from artifacts) and various return-permanents-from-GY-to-hand spells. That was more "I use a lot of artifacts in here" than "this is an artifact-themed deck."
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

weltkrieg

Post by weltkrieg » 2 years ago

Mono green artifacts? Green does one thing very well these days with artifacts and that is to make lots of artifact tokens.

The obvious choice for a commander seems to be Old Gnawbone . One attack and connect and he makes a ton of treasures. You also have Tireless Provisioner or Tireless Tracker both of which make lots of artifact tokens on their own for doing nothing more than playing lands. Green is full of creature tutors. Therefore I would run a hidden commander of Academy Manufactor . With a commander producing treasure tokens like no one's business, that's a lot of card draw, life gain, and mana. Alternatively, use those tokens to do something silly like use Clock of Omens to power up a Magistrate's Scepter /Lux Cannon /etc.

Otherwise, you could run Rampage of the Clans to turn all the tokens into one impressive army that then makes an even bigger pile of tokens once it connects again. As another option, you could gain benefit from those artifacts with Fangren Marauder . If nothing else, having those tokens makes you downright difficult to kill.

These are only a small sample of what you could do, but mono green artifacts is very much a viable strategy.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 2 years ago

Ramp like crazy and then crank out a massive Snake Basket.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 2 years ago

All you need for Ugin's Nexus is some sort of way to destroy it. Though Karn, the Great Creator is an interesting choice. And not in the way this whole "monogreen artifacts" idea is certainly a choice.

You want to really mess with an opponent with Karn? Mycosynth Lattice. I use it in Ghave, Guru of Spores, and between Nullmage Shepherd, Aura Shards, Viridian Revel, Martyrs' Bond, Disciple of the Vault, and Karn, nothing quite says "All my fingers are middle fingers, thank you very much." like the Lattice.

Molder Beast and Fangren Marauder are options as well.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Sinis
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sinis » 2 years ago

I would be tempted to try and run Ich-Tekik, Salvage Splicer/Slurrk, All-Ingesting with the Tireless Twins and other treasure/clue/food stuff.

I'm sure it would be terrible. But.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”